AVIC411.com

How big of an SD card have you got to work?

I tried searching, but it just brought up a beeelion results for the updates going around & mods.

What's the biggest SD card people have got to work in their F series? 8GB? 16, 32?

Feel free to link existing thread if I'm just blind, but yes I did search :|

Great! Hopefully 16 will be enough, I think I'll try to find a 32 to borrow and try before buying a 16 though unless anyone else pipes up about having tried the 32.

I just know my 8GB iPhone isint big enough, and I'd like more stuff on this so.... at least 16 required!

Thanks again!

Interesting that in the manual for the F90BT, they would only state the following for SD card compatibility:

SD

Compatible physical format

..................................................... Version 2.00

Max capacity memory ........... 8 GB

File system .................................. FAT16, FAT32

Decoding format ......................MP3/WMA/AAC/WAVE/MPEG4

Maybe they didn't anticipate compatibility with larger cards? If you definitely have a 16 GB card working, then perhaps multiples may work, like 32, 64, etc.

Ya, it's the same for cell / PDA phones (which I work a lot with). They'll only state (frequently what was then the biggest you could buy) 4 or 8 GB, but frequently work with larger ones. It's really a trial and error thing to find out with a lot of these types of devices.

In fact, it can sometimes vary from brand of card as well. I have no clue why, but some PDA's I've tested that claim 8GB mas will take one brand of 16, but not another. That seems more rare though.

Nice! I thought they would. Thank you for verifying!

FYI most brick & mortar stores will let you return an SD card if it doesnt work long as you have everyting & didnt destroy the packaging (from what I've been told). So if you get a 32 and it doesnt like it you shoudl be able to exchange for a different one. The brand problem is FAR less frequent than a generic size not working (or not recognizing all of it) from my understanding.

???

I've only done it once or twice before (granted, a couple years ago by now), but it's not like there's software on it for you to steal....

It's a hardware product and if it does not work for you why would they not let you return it?

Waste of time, I really wouldnt worry about it.

I'd very roughly guess the % of brands of SD with issues would probably be similar to the % of computer system RAM that has issues with particular MB's or BIOS versions.

It's pretty few and far between, but it does happen on that rare occasion, no clue why.

We know 32 can work now, most likely the vast majority of brands will, if not all of them.

Now if someone does unfortunately run across a brand that does not work, that would be good to know, but considering how few 32GB SD's are actually out on the market currently compared to 8's & 16's I woudn't expect to find that out any time soon.

Waste of time, I really wouldnt worry about it.

I'd very roughly guess the % of brands of SD with issues would probably be similar to the % of computer system RAM that has issues with particular MB's or BIOS versions.

It's pretty few and far between, but it does happen on that rare occasion, no clue why.

We know 32 can work now, most likely the vast majority of brands will, if not all of them.

Now if someone does unfortunately run across a brand that does not work, that would be good to know, but considering how few 32GB SD's are actually out on the market currently compared to 8's & 16's I woudn't expect to find that out any time soon.

fair enough.