AVIC411.com

AVIC-X Series 3.0 Firmware Update

Thanks, Just upgraded my F90BT and works like a charm.

There is a noticable improvement navigating through the system.

All the button presses (both hardware and onscreen) are responding much faster.

Thanks M Moogle and others that posted the details on how to upgrade.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, just tried the X900's WinCE.bin with my 2.006 F90BT UC and got a permanent "System startup, please wait" message overlaid on the screen, then an eventual reset. Didn't work again until I re-flashed the 2.006 WinCE.bin back.

Have any other UC F90BTs successfully applied this hack?

FourG I have successfully applied this hack to my f90bt. I reformatted my sd card to fat32 and put both the winceimg.bin and winceimg.cks and it worked perfectly. Make sure your choosing to update wince from sd(not formatted). I have 2.0 software though not 2.006. Hope this helps

Anyone have an issue with their POI's being all screwed up after the CE update/APL folder swap?

When I hit POI's near GPS location then select a category it displays POI's in Washington State!

It is fine if I search for one by name

FourG I have successfully applied this hack to my f90bt. I reformatted my sd card to fat32 and put both the winceimg.bin and winceimg.cks and it worked perfectly. Make sure your choosing to update wince from sd(not formatted). I have 2.0 software though not 2.006. Hope this helps

I am having the exact same problem as "FourG". I have an F90bt and I followed the directions word by word and I still get that error message. However, I think the problem my reside on the 2.006 upgrade. I installed it last week. I am going to revert back to 2.0 and then try the 3.0 upgrade upagain. I will post my results after lunch.

It is because you are not using the hacked ezrider

I will try to simplify this

1) I updated the WinCE version via the instructions here viewtopic.php?f=33&t=25424&p=172862&hilit=service+menu#p172862 EXCEPT I choose the update WITHOUT formatting option.

2) Using the new testmode 2.3, moved the old APL to APL.bak, and copied over the 3.0 version

3) Crossed fingers, reset

4) Booted! So far I haven't found any problems - some of the menu items are like in the 3.0 screenshot tour viewtopic.php?t=25031 , basically the non-NAV related items (bluetooth call screen, for example)

5) Its still runing iGo 8.0, since I didnt replace the APL 2 folder. Gonna try replacing that next.

1: Update WinCE version but not quite like http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... nu#p172862 tells you. You use the WinCE update from the 3.0 X Series update from the Pioneer website not the one from that thread. Update without format option and after you update you skip everything after on that thread because it tells you how to do a full recovery not just a update.

on a side note to that thread to enter service mode you hold down Menu,Map,Eject then tap reset and it seems to go right into service mode (blue screen that says push reset) Instead of pushing reset you then put in the code from that thread.

2: Using the new testmode 2.3, moved the old APL to APL.bak, and copied over the 3.0 version

3: Inside the APL 2 folder replace the ezrider file with the hacked ezrider from this thread http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25289 otherwise you may get stuck at "system loading" and maps will not work. Everything else in the APL2 folder stays the same until the new iGo is hacked.

I hope this helps. I am quite happy so far to have menus that respond when i push them now. I just bought my unit last week from Best Buy and was quite upset i would have to pay 60-100$+ just to update my brand new system. I would love to get new maps too but i am pretty happy with the results so far. Next i think i am going to see if i can get rid of those annoying Caution screens after this update.

"adamdenterkin" thanks so much. Yes, it's working now. Step 3 was the missing link (ezrider file).

One question, after the upgrade, shouldn't I be able to see the firmware upgrade 3.0 version on the "service information" tab. When I check it, I still see version 2.006000.

Thanks,

Can somebody that did this update check their POI category lists when hitting Around current GPS position as I described above... I want to know if I am the only one ;)

I checked mine with several POI types and it worked correctly every time. Saved Criteria POIs worked as well.