AVIC411.com

AVIC-X Series 3.0 Firmware Update

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I updated Superman's RED Image.res for 3.0 (really I just took the new image.res and copied the contents of superman's into it, overwriting the files that already existed). I made a couple other changes of my own but nothing related to 3.0. The only thing i've noticed that is different is the background of the in-call popup since its obviously moved and a different size.

GTI Matt and CMH Nav mods aren't affected since we haven't updated iGO yet. Once we update iGo, those mods will need to be pretty much completely redone since iGo 8.0 and 8.3 use different data.zip formats.

I updated Superman's RED Image.res for 3.0 (really I just took the new image.res and copied the contents of superman's into it, overwriting the files that already existed). I made a couple other changes of my own but nothing related to 3.0. The only thing i've noticed that is different is the background of the in-call popup since its obviously moved and a different size.

GTI Matt and CMH Nav mods aren't affected since we haven't updated iGO yet. Once we update iGo, those mods will need to be pretty much completely redone since iGo 8.0 and 8.3 use different data.zip formats.

confirmed, thank you.

It is because you are not using the hacked ezrider

I will try to simplify this

1) I updated the WinCE version via the instructions here viewtopic.php?f=33&t=25424&p=172862&hilit=service+menu#p172862 EXCEPT I choose the update WITHOUT formatting option.

2) Using the new testmode 2.3, moved the old APL to APL.bak, and copied over the 3.0 version

3) Crossed fingers, reset

4) Booted! So far I haven't found any problems - some of the menu items are like in the 3.0 screenshot tour viewtopic.php?t=25031 , basically the non-NAV related items (bluetooth call screen, for example)

5) Its still runing iGo 8.0, since I didnt replace the APL 2 folder. Gonna try replacing that next.

1: Update WinCE version but not quite ......

Adam,

Thanks for a very concise guide on how to proceed with this update.....mine went flawless. Much appreciated.

WR/ V2A2

Just updated wince, apl folder as instructed, along with the new sound files. You really do notice the snappiness of the button presses now. Also the new sounds are a whole lot less annoying. That static sound you hear after the sound was obviously issues with the wav files in the older version.

Very cool, thanks guys. Whoever cracked the whole service menu key toggle, I have a feeling people at pioneer will be very displeased. Doesn't that mean someone can repair them in half the time for half the price?

Thanks again. Now if we can just get igo 8.3 But then again, the update is out in a few weeks anyway so, why be in such a rush right?

I just installed the GTIMatt mod to this and holy crap this is a new unit now. I love it! Wow the buttons really are so much zippier its just amazing what a few hundred milliseconds make, it sad. A perfect way to see the true speed increase, is to scroll through poi's or the category list. It scrolls through almost like a normal list instead of the whole push down, pause, push down, pause. So its not an exageration, those icons really are moving through faster. But yes, this was evident immediately after the wince update, which worked just fine without the new apl folder.

One thing about the sound files, they only seem to apply to physical map/menu buttons and the steering wheel control, nothing related to navigation has the new sounds. Guess this means those are elseware? But hey that was easilly fixed by turning key beeps off. The new sounds are only ran then during the key beeps everywhere besides navigation buttons.

Anyway, im so happy with this unit now, im wondering if I will even apply the 3.0 update when it comes, I don't want to lose this perfection and have to resort to going through several menus to mute voice or cancel a route, but hey at least you will be able to read the distance/time to destination information right? NO more white text on a light color back round?

Well im all set now, wow what an amazing thing dedicating an hour of time will do.

Thanks again all, wish I had the time to actually contribute, but you gotta make that money right.

I just installed the GTIMatt mod to this and holy crap this is a new unit now. I love it! Wow the buttons really are so much zippier its just amazing what a few hundred milliseconds make, it sad. A perfect way to see the true speed increase, is to scroll through poi's or the category list. It scrolls through almost like a normal list instead of the whole push down, pause, push down, pause. So its not an exageration, those icons really are moving through faster. But yes, this was evident immediately after the wince update, which worked just fine without the new apl folder.

One thing about the sound files, they only seem to apply to physical map/menu buttons and the steering wheel control, nothing related to navigation has the new sounds. Guess this means those are elseware? But hey that was easilly fixed by turning key beeps off. The new sounds are only ran then during the key beeps everywhere besides navigation buttons.

Anyway, im so happy with this unit now, im wondering if I will even apply the 3.0 update when it comes, I don't want to lose this perfection and have to resort to going through several menus to mute voice or cancel a route, but hey at least you will be able to read the distance/time to destination information right? NO more white text on a light color back round?

Well im all set now, wow what an amazing thing dedicating an hour of time will do.

Thanks again all, wish I had the time to actually contribute, but you gotta make that money right.

To get the sounds to match in the navigation screens you have to go in the data.zip and replace the files in the sounds folder with the ones from the data zip in the 3.0 update. Then everything matches.

also i have with success updated my F900 with the avic-x 3.0 update + the DATA directory of paul with the soound files.

direct change, the much faster response of the unit, very happy with that. 8)

if you want to have version 3 in your version menu, just copy (after a backup of them!)

LPUE080APL.HTM

LPUE080APL.VER

LPUE080PLT.HTM

LPUE080PLT.VER

bt

It is because you are not using the hacked ezrider

I will try to simplify this

1) I updated the WinCE version via the instructions here viewtopic.php?f=33&t=25424&p=172862&hilit=service+menu#p172862 EXCEPT I choose the update WITHOUT formatting option.

2) Using the new testmode 2.3, moved the old APL to APL.bak, and copied over the 3.0 version

3) Crossed fingers, reset

4) Booted! So far I haven't found any problems - some of the menu items are like in the 3.0 screenshot tour viewtopic.php?t=25031 , basically the non-NAV related items (bluetooth call screen, for example)

5) Its still runing iGo 8.0, since I didnt replace the APL 2 folder. Gonna try replacing that next.

1: Update WinCE version but not quite like http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... nu#p172862 tells you. You use the WinCE update from the 3.0 X Series update from the Pioneer website not the one from that thread. Update without format option and after you update you skip everything after on that thread because it tells you how to do a full recovery not just a update.

on a side note to that thread to enter service mode you hold down Menu,Map,Eject then tap reset and it seems to go right into service mode (blue screen that says push reset) Instead of pushing reset you then put in the code from that thread.

2: Using the new testmode 2.3, moved the old APL to APL.bak, and copied over the 3.0 version

3: Inside the APL 2 folder replace the ezrider file with the hacked ezrider from this thread http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25289 otherwise you may get stuck at "system loading" and maps will not work. Everything else in the APL2 folder stays the same until the new iGo is hacked.

I hope this helps. I am quite happy so far to have menus that respond when i push them now. I just bought my unit last week from Best Buy and was quite upset i would have to pay 60-100$+ just to update my brand new system. I would love to get new maps too but i am pretty happy with the results so far. Next i think i am going to see if i can get rid of those annoying Caution screens after this update.

Thank you for the clarification!

Thanks for the instructions. This is truly amazing how much speedier the touch screen is now with an update wince! I hope the AVIC-F upgrade is really more than just a new CE though!

Others have referenced changing the sounds. What exactly are you referring to? The reason I ask is because if I look in the data.zip audio directory every single .wav file is the same as the ones in my units audio directory. When I say the same they have the same CRC32 hash as well as the same names and dates. Is this not what you are referring to when you say updated the sounds? If not, please clarify.

Thanks in advance.

Anyway, use this to update WinCE and your system will respond much faster and it only takes about 10 minutes to complete.