AVIC411.com

AVIC-X Series 3.0 Firmware Update

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I can get (temporarily) my hands on an x910bt and copy the my flash directory - would that be of use? No promises, but I may be able to do it.

Yes it already has worked.. that is how some of us have the full update running on our F700/F90's already.

I have the full flash backup from a x910bt on my desktop at home and was going to upload it last night, but when I got home comcast had the cable lines in the area down... Internet is back up at home now and I should be able to upload it tonight

If I can get (temporarily) my hands on an x910bt and copy the my flash directory - would that be of use? No promises, but I may be able to do it.

Yes it already has worked.. that is how some of us have the full update running on our F700/F90's already.

I have the full flash backup from a x910bt on my desktop at home and was going to upload it last night, but when I got home comcast had the cable lines in the area down... Internet is back up at home now and I should be able to upload it tonight

cool, thanks! looking forward to it.

well, i got it off tacomaboy, and am currently uploading it to the turboss.com server - it'll be under f700/x910bt (as i don't have write access under the home directory, so I can't create a new directory). It's 1.6GB and I can only upload at 100kb/s or so, but it should be there in 4-5 hours! The file is 1,642,312,227 bytes so don't start downloading it till it's done!

Again, I take no credit for this - thanks to tacomaboy

well, i got it off tacomaboy, and am currently uploading it to the turboss.com server - it'll be under f700/x910bt (as i don't have write access under the home directory, so I can't create a new directory). It's 1.6GB and I can only upload at 100kb/s or so, but it should be there in 4-5 hours! The file is 1,642,312,227 bytes so don't start downloading it till it's done!

Again, I take no credit for this - thanks to tacomaboy

What's the process of using this to install on a current F700BT 2.0?

Do I need to copy certain files from the SD in test mode, or is this the full update that just needs to have the SD card inserted at boot time?

Hello folks! And thanks for all the 'hacking' and background work you've done on this 3.0 issue. If it isn't too late, and if it can help, I can provide some server space and access for uploading a reasonable amount of data that could then be available to others to download...

In return, would one of you experts consider writing a step-by step guide (for dummies like us) to implement this? I realize that it may seem trivial for most of you folks who play with this a lot, but it is truly confusing to try to reconstruct every key step from the discussion thread, and then apply all this to the unit in the car, particularly if you really only understand some of it, and if you're nervous (like I am whenever I "play" with my F90BT innards) on top of it.

I would also be happy to help edit such a guide, if that helps sweeten the deal. It sounds to me that this version 3.0 really is a "must have", if buttons truly react so much better and faster. That is my worst frustration with my unit-- the lag or lack of sensitivity of the touch screen: sometimes I wind up having to press 3-4 times before it seems to recognize the commands...

Hello folks! And thanks for all the 'hacking' and background work you've done on this 3.0 issue. If it isn't too late, and if it can help, I can provide some server space and access for uploading a reasonable amount of data that could then be available to others to download...

In return, would one of you experts consider writing a step-by step guide (for dummies like us) to implement this? I realize that it may seem trivial for most of you folks who play with this a lot, but it is truly confusing to try to reconstruct every key step from the discussion thread, and then apply all this to the unit in the car, particularly if you really only understand some of it, and if you're nervous (like I am whenever I "play" with my F90BT innards) on top of it.

I would also be happy to help edit such a guide, if that helps sweeten the deal. It sounds to me that this version 3.0 really is a "must have", if buttons truly react so much better and faster. That is my worst frustration with my unit-- the lag or lack of sensitivity of the touch screen: sometimes I wind up having to press 3-4 times before it seems to recognize the commands...

Yes please :):)

i have to say thx tacomaboy for providing this for us. i installed and everything is running smooth, i'm just actually glad that my house and street are on the new maps :)

Dont thank me, I am the guy who hates the AVIC F :P. But I have some assembled instructions somewhere that has a step by step, can someone save me more trouble and find them, and post them in a new thread?