AVIC411.com

Canadian 3.0 update

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to get around the US calling restriction by placing the call through Skype. I gave them an american address, as I live close enough to the border I can just take a quick drive to pick up the card when it comes in.

Also, when I called the Canadian order desk, the guy working there had no idea what it was or how much it would cost - and I'm guessing the price might even be more for Canadians given the exchange rate.

Getting movies to play off of SD cards (well, not all choppy) and being able to use the steering wheel controls such that they scroll through your presets might make it worth it. If I could pick it up for 68$ US I would have done it in a second but I can only imagine Canadian prices will be even more than just the exchange.

Here's hoping!!

HR

I have an American address. Niagara Falls, NY. For a small fee, I could 'remail' your order to you. Just have it shipped to me, I could readdress the package, put new postage on it, and send it off. I don't know if Pioneer tracks how many go to one address though. I plan on placing an order for myself in a week or so, as it gets closer to being released and I know for sure we get it and it is as it says to be. PM me if this might help any of you.

Harvey Gordon

Here is the e-mail that Pioneer Canada sent me when I asked about the Canadian 3.0 update ...lol....

Guess it depends on who you talk to...lol....

Free Firmware Update (Version 2.006) Now Available for AVIC-F Series in-dash navigation systems

July 8, 2009

Dear Valued Pioneer Customer:

We would like to inform you of the availability of a NEW free firmware update (version 2.006; released in June 2009) for the AVIC-F Series in-dash navigation systems (AVICF90BT, AVIC-F900BT, and AVIC-F700BT). This firmware update is not for the AVIC-F500BT/AVIC-LINC, which will be updated by a separate firmware update. In addition, this firmware update applies only to models sold in Canada.

This firmware update (version 2.006) contains important performance improvements relating to Automatic Time Correction, updated XM channel icon graphics, and enhanced reliability during firmware update process.

This notice explains how to obtain the free firmware update and how to determine if the firmware update has already been installed on an AVIC-F90BT, AVIC-F900BT, or AVICF700BT.

Even if you are not currently experiencing any issues with your AVIC F-Series in-dash system, we still recommend that you install the free firmware update. Installation of the update should take approximately ten minutes to complete.

HOW TO OBTAIN THE FREE FIRMWARE UPDATE:

Pioneer is offering the following four options for consumers to obtain the free firmware update:

- 1 Download the free update to a computer from here: AVIC-F90BT, AVIC-F900BT, AVIC-F700BT, and transfer the update to an SD card for insertion into the AVIC-F Series system; OR

- 2 Order by phone a SD card containing the free update by calling Pioneer Customer Service toll free at 1-877-283-5901; OR

- 3 Arrange for an in-dash AVIC-F Series system to be shipped to Pioneer for installation of the free update by calling Pioneer Customer Service toll free at 1-877-283-5901.

HOW TO DETERMINE IF THE FIRMWARE UPDATE HAS ALREADY BEEN INSTALLED:

To determine if the new firmware update has already been installed on an AVIC-F90BT, AVIC-F900BT, or AVIC-F700BT, please power on the system and do the following:

1 Press the "Menu" button; then touch the "Settings" tab;

2 Touch the "System Settings" tab; then touch the "Service Information" tab;

3 The "Map version" number and the "Version" number are both displayed -- please look at the "Version" number, which is displayed on the lower line; and

4 If the "Version" number is "2.000000" or an earlier/smaller number, please install the new firmware update. If the "Version" number is "2.006000" or a later/larger number, the system has already been updated with the new firmware.

QUESTIONS:

If you have any questions, please contact the Pioneer Customer Service Center at 1-877-283-5901. Pioneer service representatives are available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (Eastern Time).

Sincerely,

Pioneer Electronics of Canada, Inc.

I had sent an email off to pioneer support on the 3rd of this month, asking about how I, as a Canadian customer, can get the 3.0 update. This was the response I received today (the 17th).....

Re: Fw: Ordering of CNSD-100FM update for AVIC-F900BT from Canada

Raj.Chohan@pioneer-usa.com on behalf of; poccs@pioneer-usa.com

Hello Jeff

The updates will be available shortly. No confirmed ETA has been received.

The pricing has not been decided.

Regards

Customer Call Centre

Pioneer Electronics of Canada

300 Allstate Parkway

Markham Ontario L3R 0P2

Toll free: 1 (877) 283 5901

Fax: 1 (877) 746 4848