AVIC411.com

Canadian 3.0 update

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if it will be any different from what's here?

I wonder too. I just placed an order.

Tested "unofficial" 3.0 and 3.01 here in Edmonton, Canada and I'm not impressed with the maps update. For some reason all Provincial highways are referred to as KINGS HWY (That's a name they used to have in Ontario in the past). For Example Queen Highway 2 is being called KINGS HWY 2, Yellowhead Highway 16 is called KINGS HWY 16, Anthony Henday Highway 216 is called KINGS HWY 216. etc.... Very, very annoying!

I hope they sorted it out in the "Canadian" update.

Ordered Friday.....$96.05 total.....$10. shipping to Kanata, Onario

I agree the stating of the highway numbers plus the King's Highway and the highway name is annoying.......the Queensway in Ottawa becomes "Kings Highway number four-seventeen". Crossing into Quebec is even funnier with the wrong French pronunciation everytime. If you have not done it yet, download the NHL arenas from POIfriend then drive by one or move the screen. Also I've noticed major landmarks have large images at their locations. The new War Museum in Ottawa as an example.

Question: My factory sub is hooked up but does not respond the way it used to. Overall sound quality is better when I disable it in the menu. Anybody have any suggestions about activating a factory sub? My vehicle is a Honda Element 2005.

I wonder if it will be any different from what's here?

I wonder too. I just placed an order.

Tested "unofficial" 3.0 and 3.01 here in Edmonton, Canada and I'm not impressed with the maps update. For some reason all Provincial highways are referred to as KINGS HWY (That's a name they used to have in Ontario in the past). For Example Queen Highway 2 is being called KINGS HWY 2, Yellowhead Highway 16 is called KINGS HWY 16, Anthony Henday Highway 216 is called KINGS HWY 216. etc.... Very, very annoying!

I hope they sorted it out in the "Canadian" update.

Are the township roads and range roads still showing up as unnamed road near edmonton?? My brothers garmin will show every one of them but my 700 wont.

Anyone get their update mailed yet in Canada? I ordered last week and as of today status is "Awaiting shipment".

Might be a while if they have to convert all the info into french and print it. Hope not.

Ya, same here....ordered last Friday and they have not shipped yet. Just got a shipment from PA in 3 days of a spare lamp for my HDTV. All they have to do is put it in the post.....for $10. they should fly it here same day.

I just spoke with Pioneer Support in Canada, and the update can be ordered now, for shipping in September.

If you order now, the cost is $75 plus $21.05 for shipping and taxes. The price goes up to $150 at the end of September.

For my AVIC-F900BT, the part number is CNSD-100FM.

Hope the SD cards are at least 4GB to make it worth the bucks!

• 2 weeks later...