AVIC411.com

Z110BT is on order!

Bad news is that my Z2 was stolen from my truck on Sunday. :x The good news is that I have comprehensive coverage and I saw my claim adjuster today. :D I pointed out the damage and my receipts and he simply told me to go to the stereo shop that I bought it from to get an estimate. Long story short, they're getting me the head unit, Sirius bus unit and receiver, and iPod cable. I'll add an HD receiver and be back in business. The $500 deductible sucks but at least I'm not completely paying for it. Units are supposed to be in on the 13th but they're trying to get mine sent directly to the shop so I can get it earlier.

I'll put up pics as soon as I get it in.

Mike

Score!! I wouldn't normally be excited about a member getting their stuff stolen and even in this case it sucks having to go through an emotional experience like that (if you're reading this and you've never had anything stolen from you, trust me... it IS an emotional gut-wrench) but a brand spanking new Z110 installed with extra components for 500 bucks = EPIC WIN.

It's in the truck. Pics tomorrow. I've only just gotten home and haven't had any time to play with it yet but first impression...it's very fast. Make a selection and something happens immediately. Blows my old Z2 away. I can't wait to personalize it.

The shop installed the wrong cable for my iPod so that I can see and control it but no audio. Looking at the Pioneer site the cable should have a dock leading to a USB with another wire that ends in a mini stereo plug but that wire is missing. The one they installed in my truck has the dock but has three wires with red, white, and yellow RCA plugs. I think it's a CD-IU230V. Looks like they grabbed the wrong cable.

Mike

Yep, got the right cable and iPod works now. Subwoofer is another story so I'm going back to the shop tomorrow. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

I like the new iPod display but the Sirius and FM displays leave quite a bit to be desired. You should be able to view channel info, artist, song title and album instead of having to select one. Same with FM. Also, the Sirius presets should fill in with channel info. Still, it's a big upgrade over the Z2. Note the screwdriver marks the thief left in my dash on either side of the unit. Still have to get those smoothed, filled, and airbrushed. Then my baby will be whole again.

IMG_0201.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pictures! I am considering getting one. From the previous demo video, the voice recognition is really really slow. How do you feel about this? Can you make a youtube video of boot time and operation and so on when you got chance? I am debating between this one and kenwood dnx9140, and boot time and response time are big concern for me.

There are lots of people complaining about the glitches of 9140 although most of the bugs been solved by the updated firmware. Is there any bug when you are using your z110bt? Since very few people are using this new model, I could not find much info around.

Yep, got the right cable and iPod works now. Subwoofer is another story so I'm going back to the shop tomorrow. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I like the new iPod display but the Sirius and FM displays leave quite a bit to be desired. You should be able to view channel info, artist, song title and album instead of having to select one. Same with FM. Also, the Sirius presets should fill in with channel info. Still, it's a big upgrade over the Z2. Note the screwdriver marks the thief left in my dash on either side of the unit. Still have to get those smoothed, filled, and airbrushed. Then my baby will be whole again.

• 5 weeks later...

It's been nearly a month and the shop that put mine in can't get another in so they can warranty mine. It's the biggest chain of shops in the area and they can't seem to get them in. Not having a subwoofer is killing me. So, I just dropped Pioneer a line. Wonder if anything comes of this:

Hello,

I have an AVIC-Z110BT that was installed in my truck in the middle of July that has a bad subwoofer output. I've been waiting for the shop to get new units in for about a month now and they don't seem to be getting any from you. According to the salesperson I spoke with they've been expecting these units in for some time now but delivery dates keep getting pushed back. What do I have to do to get this unit replaced with one that works? I love everything about it so far. It's far superior to the Z2 that it replaced but it sounds really anemic without the sub. Please don't tell me that I'm going to have to return this unit and go with another manufacturer in order to have good sounding music in my truck.

My shop is ******** in Seattle, WA. My salesman is ********** at ************. Can we please make something happen here? This really is starting to irritate me now.

Thanks,

Mike

I'll let you guys know if I hear anything.

I highly doubt it's a bad subwoofer output, and even if it was, they could have used the rear preout instead, or a line output converter. Switching brands won't change a thing either. What harness did they use?

I can tell you what the subwoofer wires are, just tell me the year, make and model of your truck.

Truck is '07 F-150 Lariat supercrew. Subwoofer is wired with RCA's and what I know right now is that with subwoofer connected and enabled at the head unit there is not sound out. Hook up the sub to another set of outputs and it works. This is the same sub setup that was working just fine with my old Z2. It's a supercrew cab so all four sets of outputs are in use. Not sure how it can be anything but a bad output.

Mike

The only time I have ever seen a line output damged to where there is no sound at all is from a bad amp or installation issue sending voltage back up the rca line. There is the pico fuse issue, but you would still get sound, and that would again be caused by an installation issue or a bad amp. Defective pin in the harness maybe?

I take it you have aftermarket amps running everything and it's not the stock subwoofer? If so, a line output converter would get you by untill your new deck arrived. I would consider bringing it to a different shop. Not knowing which ipod cable the deck takes would raise some flags for me.

Well, I don't know what to think then. It's the stock amplifier, sub box, and speaker and it was working fine. I haven't checked the connector for bent pins but I really don't suspect any as the amp turns on and works with another output. It's enabled at head unit so we'll just wait until another unit comes in and see what happens.

Mike