AVIC411.com

What's the best microphone?

Anyone have good experience using the Pioneer CD-VM1 microphone, or is there a better one to use?

My unit may be mounted low on the console so I dont think the built in one will do the trick & the Pioneer microphone seems to be discontinued, so not sure it's a good one...

Any suggestions & info appreciated, thank you!

Sure you can, it is really easy if Onstar uses like a 1/8th in jack. You can just get a splitter at Radioshack. Or you can just split the hot and ground wires yourself. Run one set to Onstar and another set to the AVIC. :mrgreen:

Have you actualy done this yourself Retell ? the reason I ask is that these are Electret Condenser Mics and have a voltage up the centre conductor to power the Mic electronics, connecting the two units together without some kind of DC decoupling on one of them could damage one or both units.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sure you can, it is really easy if Onstar uses like a 1/8th in jack. You can just get a splitter at Radioshack. Or you can just split the hot and ground wires yourself. Run one set to Onstar and another set to the AVIC. :mrgreen:

Have you actualy done this yourself Retell ? the reason I ask is that these are Electret Condenser Mics and have a voltage up the centre conductor to power the Mic electronics, connecting the two units together without some kind of DC decoupling on one of them could damage one or both units.

Thanks Brian for your comment. I almost tried it. Has anyone figured out any way to tap in?

Anyone know where I can buy one of these Parrot mics?

Which Parrot mic are you looking for? The basic one that they include with their lower-end models is also sold by Garmin for use with their GPS units. I bought one of those at Fry's Electronics for $12.00 or so. It works great and looks much better than the stock microphone.

Anyone know where I can buy one of these Parrot mics?

Which Parrot mic are you looking for? The basic one that they include with their lower-end models is also sold by Garmin for use with their GPS units. I bought one of those at Fry's Electronics for $12.00 or so. It works great and looks much better than the stock microphone.

Do you have a model number?

Do you have a model number?

PR2626

I just bought one off ebay from the UK. Will update when it arrives.

Dude .. I bought the "PR2627 Parrot Twin Mic Microphone MKi9100, MKi9200" from a english firm on eBay also .. received it roughly 10 days later .. and I tell you what .. its the greatest thing. Far better than the stock mic (I have an AVIC-F700BT) .. here is the link to the UK company that is selling these on eBay ..

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/DriveSaferDirect_Parrot_W0QQ_fsubZ1567706018QQ_sidZ777345888QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322