AVIC411.com

What's the best microphone?

Do you have a model number?

PR2626

I just bought one off ebay from the UK. Will update when it arrives.

Dude .. I bought the "PR2627 Parrot Twin Mic Microphone MKi9100, MKi9200" from a english firm on eBay also .. received it roughly 10 days later .. and I tell you what .. its the greatest thing. Far better than the stock mic (I have an AVIC-F700BT) .. here is the link to the UK company that is selling these on eBay ..

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/DriveSaferDirect_Parrot_W0QQ_fsubZ1567706018QQ_sidZ777345888QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

I had actually called Parrot and asked about that mic, they told me the unit had to be built to use the dual mic specifically, so I forgot about it. Is it a standard plug or two or what? Are both mic's working or just one? Have you tried any other mic's to compare it to?

Thanks

Dude .. I bought the "PR2627 Parrot Twin Mic Microphone MKi9100, MKi9200" from a english firm on eBay also .. received it roughly 10 days later .. and I tell you what .. its the greatest thing. Far better than the stock mic (I have an AVIC-F700BT) .. here is the link to the UK company that is selling these on eBay ..

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/DriveSaferDirect_Parrot_W0QQ_fsubZ1567706018QQ_sidZ777345888QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

I had actually called Parrot and asked about that mic, they told me the unit had to be built to use the dual mic specifically, so I forgot about it. Is it a standard plug or two or what? Are both mic's working or just one? Have you tried any other mic's to compare it to?

Thanks

Compared to the standard mic that was shipped with the F700 .. I installed this mic in the same place which was right at the top of my A-Arm in a Tahoe .. with the factory mic, I would have to have my face right up to the mic, ALL windows closed and even then people had a hard time hearing me. With the dual-mic from Parrot .. sit back, all windows open, travelling down highway doing 70 (wind noise) .. absolutely no problems .. loud and clear, cancelled out everything around me. The plug on the Parrot mic is the same size as the standard, it has 3 instead of 2 points .. but this has made no difference at all to the operation of the microphone. I would recommend this in a heartbeat.

Thanks

Compared to the standard mic that was shipped with the F700 .. I installed this mic in the same place which was right at the top of my A-Arm in a Tahoe .. with the factory mic, I would have to have my face right up to the mic, ALL windows closed and even then people had a hard time hearing me. With the dual-mic from Parrot .. sit back, all windows open, travelling down highway doing 70 (wind noise) .. absolutely no problems .. loud and clear, cancelled out everything around me. The plug on the Parrot mic is the same size as the standard, it has 3 instead of 2 points .. but this has made no difference at all to the operation of the microphone. I would recommend this in a heartbeat.

Have you tried to isolate each of the two mics to see if both are taking in sound, I'm pretty sure only one of your two are actually working, since the plug has three poles as opposed to two. I have zero problems with my garmin, it is mounted right in the middle of the headliner right by the rearview mirror.

With the standard mic, the bluetooth is basically worthless for me. People I call can hardly hear me so I need to upgrade. I'm hesitant to spend $30+ and buy from the UK when I'm in the US.

Is this the Garmin that's been mentioned in this thread? Will it help with the complaints of me sounding very distant and "echoy"?

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-External-M ... 121&sr=8-1

• 3 months later...
Sure you can, it is really easy if Onstar uses like a 1/8th in jack. You can just get a splitter at Radioshack. Or you can just split the hot and ground wires yourself. Run one set to Onstar and another set to the AVIC. :mrgreen:

Have you actualy done this yourself Retell ? the reason I ask is that these are Electret Condenser Mics and have a voltage up the centre conductor to power the Mic electronics, connecting the two units together without some kind of DC decoupling on one of them could damage one or both units.

Thanks Brian for your comment. I almost tried it. Has anyone figured out any way to tap in?

Have you figured out how to tap into the ONSTAR mic yet. I have an AVIC f700bt and a SAAB 2002 9-3 SE convertible and I can't seem to get it to work.

First, I tried finding the mic by following the wires out of the onstar button, but that got me now where.

Then, I went straight to the A Pillar in my Convertibe (which is where I think the mic is) and we --

got a radioshak 2.5 mm mic and chopped the head off. Then we connected the two wires coming out of our headless radioshack mic to the two wires that we found heading tot the onstar mic... and nothing happen. we even switched the wires... still nothing.

anyone have any input here?