AVIC411.com

Anyone have AVIC-Z110BT? Crutchfield in stock! Amazon $1469!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the system had a fuel logging feature that would calc fuel economy and let you download it. So I was just wondering (other then the cool factor) why you want to display speed, RPM, etc? I get displaying things like G-forces, boost, and other performance / tuning stuff but that seems more inline to have a DAQ system.

I have a plow so I need to monitor the batterys = amps/volt gauge, could not order this when truck was built

stupid IMO F-250= work truck they should have this included in the gauge cluster

I pull my boat = need to watch the rpms and gearing while i do have this in the cluster the steering wheel blocks the view it would be easier to see from the nav unit.

hydrolic monitoring for the PTO

these are just to name a few, but there is def a need for these.

pioneer has a unit but from what I understand if not comp with the 110BT it would need a stand alone monitor

that is comp this makes no sense to me, other than pioneer making more coin where is one to put a second screen?

that would clutter the cab and make an install a nightmare and cost a considerable amount more.

does anyone know a way to make pioneers unit work with this nav unit or the X910BT?

I dont get why it would not work with a AUX input but from what I have read in wont.

NO cool factor here I do not by things for a "cool factor" I get things that have a function and purpose for my needs

Joe T

I have a plow so I need to monitor the batterys = amps/volt gauge, ... I pull my boat = need to watch the rpms and gearing ... hydrolic monitoring for the PTO

Ya that makes sense. I am guessing that performance meter setup would kind of help out but I would imagine that a DAQ would meet you needs much better. I have not tried it but I can think of what would stop you from using the video in. This would cost more for the DAQ system and sensors but you could get all sorts of good info. Just an idea.

Edit. You may want to check this thread out, especially the second page. There are a few links to automotive DAQ like Magden. OBDII/Dash/Car stats / possible programs?

Beware of rvfunproducts.com Read my post to the following thread. Third and forth post.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=26004&p=177465&hilit=rvfunproducts#p177471

I read the post you linked to, about the threat of being sued and I am still Laughing.

I also contacted the bozo over there via email, asked If I ordered it that afternoon when could I expect it at my door

NO Response, I emailed again asking if they reply to questions and if this is how they start a biz relationship with

a customer how good would the service be if I ever had a problem, I then get an email that made no sense and telling me that he did respond to the other email, (which he was lying I got no such email in any of my boxes) so I then fired back another email to them that lying to a potential customer is not very reassuring and the lack of a timely reply speaks volumes and I thanked him for letting me know how good a company they have (by not answering for 3 days and then lying to me about it) that was the only answer I really needed, that with all the negative comments I have read on blogs and forums about them (I did not mention any forum by name)

Joe

I forgot to mention he said in the second email that if I ordered it that day, he would have to order it that he does not stock them and it would be the middle to end of aug before it shipped.

Thanks to this site and the posts I have read is what gave me the heads up to contact them before I ordered one, I am glad I did or I would be out until at least the end of the month if it showed at all. so thank guys

I have a plow so I need to monitor the batterys = amps/volt gauge, ... I pull my boat = need to watch the rpms and gearing ... hydrolic monitoring for the PTO

Ya that makes sense. I am guessing that performance meter setup would kind of help out but I would imagine that a DAQ would meet you needs much better. I have not tried it but I can think of what would stop you from using the video in. This would cost more for the DAQ system and sensors but you could get all sorts of good info. Just an idea.

Edit. You may want to check this thread out, especially the second page. There are a few links to automotive DAQ like Magden. OBDII/Dash/Car stats / possible programs?

Thanks for the link, and then an idea popped in my head I may just try to use the odbII and a netbook, install that somewhere in truck, get a nav box hook that in usb then I have music, nav, dyno, internet, and with a external dvd setup, movies this should work and all under 600 bucks, I have some spare parts around here as well, hell I could even use my HP HDX-18 and have a widescreen cinema LOL

Joe

spolkyc check this out http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:RiQ ... clnk&gl=us

this is pretty cool if it really works, I think it could be done alot easier than he did it and an odbII should be able to

be hooked up via a usb link.

Joe

... this is pretty cool if it really works ...

Joe, ya search around for carputers. I had a friend who made one back when there was only a few video car systems available and GPS units were the hand held ones for hiking. So there is lots of info and parts out now. Here is a good link for info and parts.

http://www.mp3car.com/

Hey spolkyc.

I saw that site after I posted yesterday, pretty cool stuff I also found a bunch of odbII 's and software for the dynamics

all this stuff including upto date 2din vga monitors, and a super small computer intel duel core 2.6 mhz 160 HDD

for under 700 it does everything your home computer does you will even get the net, BT, DVD, CD 4USB, fire wire

roll up keyboard and you can add software and apps. looking at all this how can any head unit cost so much?? I love the 110BT but it has 1/10th the power

and 1/100th of the options and capabilities. and the computer I saw would fit in your glove box with room for 2 more of them they are made for 12-24volts. I am surprized that alot more ppl have not heard of or installed these yet the monitors look like the head unit, and they have suction mounts for others 7" -8" and 10" and I forgot they have integrated xm/sirius and hd radio.

Joe T