AVIC411.com

F-500BT - Computer doesn't see it?

Just purchased a F500BT. The USB cable that came with it is a - wrong cable? ie it's what you plug a USB cable into. I have a USB cable, plugged it in, but neither of my two computers recognize it the GPS. And so obviously, when I go on the GPS to say favorites from USB, USB is dimmed out. And when I use Avic Feeds, and say use USB, USB isn't an option.

Anything I need to do? I didn't see a driver anywhere on Pioneers site, and generally a USB device should be plug and pray.

Running XP Pro on one machine XP home on the other.

Just updated to the latest firmware via SD card.

Thanks!

Evan

You can't connect the F500BT directly to the computer. You need to make your mods or add music on the computer and then transfer to an SD card.

Ecch. Really? So I'm guessing then I can't save POI's to the GPS? Is there then a better way to go to favorites / POI'S? Near as I can tell, it's Destination, USB /SD, From SD, Filename...

Thanks for the quick reply :)

You can use the Pioneer AVIC feeds software to create and store the POI to SD card. That is the only method I know but I am still new to the device (got my two F500's in June). I have the iphone 3GS and have over 600 contacts. It did not transfer them all. I used SQLite mentioned on another post and basically edited the db the device created and added contacts manually.