AVIC411.com

Has there been a fix for charging 3GS?

I have read through all of the posts in the iphone section and I cannot find a solution to the problem. I have a Z1 and my new 3GS iphone will no longer charge with my Pioneer iphone adapter. My first iphone charged just fine. It seems like everything that comes out is not working.

I bought this exact cable off of ebay, (this auction is the one I won)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... tsupported

just got the cable on thursday with the new update off of pioneers webite it works flawlessly

I have a black 32gb iphone 3GS

My deck is the F700BT

car is a 2002 sunfire

my battery is an optima yellowtop.

Do not quote me as I have no idea if this is fact but I have heard others say wether your iphone will charge or not is vehicle dependent. Could be possible lack of just enough power to get the iphone to charge. Others have stated they get theirs to charge but only sometimes, seems to be random. Mine Charges 100% of the time with my setup. This cable should be the same as the one pioneer is selling (same model number).

If there is a recent update for your system I suggest you install it or if there is one on the way, wait for it.

I sent this to Pioneer.

Inquiry:I have the AVIC-Z1 and the iPod/iPhone adapter that I used for my G2 iPhone. It works perfect. My problem is that now I have the new G3S iPhone and the iPod/iPhone adapter no longer charges my phone. Is there a new connection adapter that works with the new G3 iPhones?

And this is Pioneer's reply.

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

Unfortunately, no. We currently don't have an adapter that will support the new Ipods.

Thank You,