AVIC411.com

Does there're TMC hardware in F500bt?

Hello everyone,

I just brought F500bt from 6ave.com,

And now i install LeetLauncher v3.0 and set iGo being my default navigator.

I'm searching TMC on iGo software and it's show the message Cannot find TMC hardware.

Did TMC hardware equipped with this model? If not can i buy any hardware to add-on?

Thank you very much.

There is no TMC (or MSN-Direct) receiver in the F500BT. TMC or MSN-Direct is being received and supplied to the F500BT by the cradle. The UC (USA) version of the F500BT doesn't come with a TMC cradle but with a MSN-Direct cradle. You can order a TMC cradle from Pioneer Europe for about 60,- Euro. Don't forget to order the TMC antenna as well because the antenna is not the same as the MSN-Direct version.

• 1 month later...

According to Pioneer official website, F500BT should comes with a built in MSN Direct Tuner.

Actually, according Pioneer and MSNDirect, F500BT, F90BT, F900BT and X910BT come with BuiltIn MSN Direct Tuner.

By reading the Service manual, http://www.4shared.com/get/102630348/ad ... 4175_.html, the TMC/MSN module is on board, only the Antenna is connected to the Craddle, which is actually optional.

• 1 month later...
According to Pioneer official website, F500BT should comes with a built in MSN Direct Tuner.

Actually, according Pioneer and MSNDirect, F500BT, F90BT, F900BT and X910BT come with BuiltIn MSN Direct Tuner.

By reading the Service manual, http://www.4shared.com/get/102630348/ad ... 4175_.html, the TMC/MSN module is on board, only the Antenna is connected to the Craddle, which is actually optional.

Thank you very much for your link of Service Manual for AVIC F500BT! At long last I can read it!

QUOTE>>>>

"RDS-TMC tuner is embedded in the cradle. Therefore, this function is available only when the navigation system is attached to the cradle"

<<<

Operation Manual, AVIC F500BT (EU). Page 47.

The 'antenna' is nothing but a single piece of thin wire, I think about a metre long, terminated in a 90 degree mini jack plug which inserts into the cradle.