AVIC411.com

My new 3.0 impressions

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They did fix that actually. Well Pioneer didn't, iGo did. Pioneer didn't really do anything.

I am gay, and I take offense at you comparing me to Pioneer's laziness :P

I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you! I think gays are ok. I had dinner with a friend in the castro. haha

Sorry for a noob question. But when I format the SD card I'm going to use should I format it from the F90BT itself of just from the computer I'm going to use to down load it.

I the 2.006 update with a SD card from my canon and it worked perfect.

Format it from the computer, its easiest.

FTL - lol :) Just format it in your computer. Thats what I did and the update went without a hitch. Did you get ahold of the x910bt firmware, or did you order the official one? The official one will come preload on a new SD card

brianteel - The only hardware difference is the faceplate and the Apple authentication chip. They use the same CPU, memory, bluetooth, GPS receiver, etc.

FTL - lol :) Just format it in your computer. Thats what I did and the update went without a hitch. Did you get ahold of the x910bt firmware, or did you order the official one? The official one will come preload on a new SD card

brianteel - The only hardware difference is the faceplate and the Apple authentication chip. They use the same CPU, memory, bluetooth, GPS receiver, etc.

I was given a link to download the same one tacoma has. I need to do it when I get home in the next 30-45 minutes.

I'll format from computer and give it a try; hopefully before I go to the gym.

Tacomaboy, I'm curious what your long list of complaints are. Not saying at all I'm not aware of the issues, but what is it that drives a guy to cuss like a sailor, rip it out of his dash and sell it? I've had a F90BT in my truck for almost a year now and I've been really happy with it, that's not to say there are things I wish werent (or were) there, but here's my long and short of 2.0

- I have AM/FM/XM, no problem there.

- Bootup is slow

- Navigation is fine (none are perfect, Ive had several), overall I like it

- Bluetooth works fine

-Voice recognition is adequate

- TTS is ok (I agree voice could be better but it's not that big a deal to me)

My wishlist:

Faster buttons (apparetly fixed in 3.0)

Phone locking up the radio for 30 seconds OCCASIONALLY after a phone call

Faster bootup (bottom of the list - I've had a Pioneer (D2) so long I'm used to it)

Other that buttons, NOTHING on your list was fixed with the 'unofficial' 3.0? What are your biggest beefs with the unit?

funny... lol I heard from a little birddie that you have it already ...(he already pm'ed to buy it off of him) if you do have it... please use your know how and do somethinmg nice for us... I wont complain...

I have links to download lots of stuff. Doesn't mean I am using it. I am waiting for 3.0 card from Pioneer to arrive, and even then I probably won't install it until there are some hacks completed for it...

Let me re-iterate. I did the WinCE fix from the 3 update only from the pioneer site. Sorry, I didn't even realize the full 3 was available yet. I do plan on purchasing the full upgrade. I'm only talking about the better button/touch speed. I did the APL folder transfer also, but again, sorry, NOT the full 3 upgrade.

Tacomaboy, I'm curious what your long list of complaints are. Not saying at all I'm not aware of the issues, but what is it that drives a guy to cuss like a sailor, rip it out of his dash and sell it? I've had a F90BT in my truck for almost a year now and I've been really happy with it, that's not to say there are things I wish werent (or were) there, but here's my long and short of 2.0

- I have AM/FM/XM, no problem there.

- Bootup is slow

- Navigation is fine (none are perfect, Ive had several), overall I like it

- Bluetooth works fine

-Voice recognition is adequate

- TTS is ok (I agree voice could be better but it's not that big a deal to me)

My wishlist:

Faster buttons (apparetly fixed in 3.0)

Phone locking up the radio for 30 seconds OCCASIONALLY after a phone call

Faster bootup (bottom of the list - I've had a Pioneer (D2) so long I'm used to it)

Other that buttons, NOTHING on your list was fixed with the 'unofficial' 3.0? What are your biggest beefs with the unit?

- bootup time

- slow menus and button responses

- bluetooth - hangs for 50 seconds after most calls

- the reverse camera takes 10 seconds to come on after starting the car

- ipod VR mode sucks - I have to go through the menu to turn it on and off again. Good lord how hard is it to add a small icon in the corner of the ipod source interface that would initiate this process without having to go through crap load of menus?!?!

- when I am in the settings and I press the upper left corner, it takes me to the source selection rather than the actual source

- the fader/balancer is slowwww

- the EQ settings customization is slowwwwwwww

- selection of songs in SD, the selection of XM radio channels, the selection of artists or genres via ipod are all painfully slow

- I cant actually SEE what song is currently on when in ipod/SD/XM mode and in song/preset selection mode. This has got to be the stupidest UI decision EVER. Why should I have to toggle back and forth between modes just to see who is playing, and use the preset mode?

- trying to initiate a phone call within 30 seconds of bootup - currently my system "reboots", then takes 2 minutes to finish booting, and ends up putting me in the phone call menu. Just press the button after 10 seconds, or 15 seconds, and it freaks out.

- takes 2 minutes to connect to the phone

- turn the car off while on a phone call, takes who knows how long for the phone to kick over to handset mode. My wife's OEM system takes 2 seconds, if that.

- When you reach your fucking destination, the damn thing wont end the route automatically! After it says your destination has been reached it needs to STFU.

- It randomly decides to automatically set the route to home, for no reason whatsoever when you turn it on! This may be hard to test since it does it only once a month or so. You know it has happened if you turn it on and before the screen pops up it tells you to take your next left.

- The ipod randomly connects when you turn it on. I get about a 60% connect rate despite a brand new cable, and perfectly good ipod touch. Restarting the car is the fix for this. Well after driving for 30 seconds and realizing it didnt connect.

- OH! If the voice recognition does not understand you, it say "WHATWASIT?" That drives me nuts

- Samantha in general just sucks.

- the bluetooth randomly sets call volume. Sometimes a call is blaringly loud, sometimes I cant hear the caller at all, and sometimes the frigging controls for volume don't even show up!! Sometimes the music continues in the background (at full volume) and sometimes not.

These are just the ones off the top of my head

Hey tacomaboy, I just wanted to give you props for being one of the few ppl on this forum to at least try and point out Pioneers blunder to everyone else. I feel the same way, betrayed by what used to be a company that cared about its reputation more than anything, now all i see is another company that will sacrifice the long term commitment for the short term gain. I hate to see you go, this forum needs members like you that are not afraid to go against the flow to show something as it truly is.

And for all of you that think he is nitpicking, and littering his opinion on this forum. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO READ IT.FREEDOM IS A TWO WAY STREET(thank you southpark), just as you can tell him to STFU, he can write and post whatever the hell he wants.

Anyhoo good luck tacomaboy, I hope you change your mind about leaving.

Wow. Thanks. I haven't noticed some of those things on mine - but I might now :shock: !

I guess I've adapted to most of it, like just making a phone call and when the bluetooth kicks in (probably 60-90 secs), it just starts and I put the phone down and use the bluetooth - I also don't have any volume issues.

Nor do I have a backup camera. I would have hoped that they (Pioneer) would've addressed this for those that do.

Good luck with your next unit.

- bootup time

- slow menus and button responses

- bluetooth - hangs for 50 seconds after most calls

- the reverse camera takes 10 seconds to come on after starting the car

- ipod VR mode sucks - I have to go through the menu to turn it on and off again. Good lord how hard is it to add a small icon in the corner of the ipod source interface that would initiate this process without having to go through crap load of menus?!?!

- when I am in the settings and I press the upper left corner, it takes me to the source selection rather than the actual source

- the fader/balancer is slowwww

- the EQ settings customization is slowwwwwwww

- selection of songs in SD, the selection of XM radio channels, the selection of artists or genres via ipod are all painfully slow

- I cant actually SEE what song is currently on when in ipod/SD/XM mode and in song/preset selection mode. This has got to be the stupidest UI decision EVER. Why should I have to toggle back and forth between modes just to see who is playing, and use the preset mode?

- trying to initiate a phone call within 30 seconds of bootup - currently my system "reboots", then takes 2 minutes to finish booting, and ends up putting me in the phone call menu. Just press the button after 10 seconds, or 15 seconds, and it freaks out.

- takes 2 minutes to connect to the phone

- turn the car off while on a phone call, takes who knows how long for the phone to kick over to handset mode. My wife's OEM system takes 2 seconds, if that.

- When you reach your fucking destination, the damn thing wont end the route automatically! After it says your destination has been reached it needs to STFU.

- It randomly decides to automatically set the route to home, for no reason whatsoever when you turn it on! This may be hard to test since it does it only once a month or so. You know it has happened if you turn it on and before the screen pops up it tells you to take your next left.

- The ipod randomly connects when you turn it on. I get about a 60% connect rate despite a brand new cable, and perfectly good ipod touch. Restarting the car is the fix for this. Well after driving for 30 seconds and realizing it didnt connect.

- OH! If the voice recognition does not understand you, it say "WHATWASIT?" That drives me nuts

- Samantha in general just sucks.

- the bluetooth randomly sets call volume. Sometimes a call is blaringly loud, sometimes I cant hear the caller at all, and sometimes the frigging controls for volume don't even show up!! Sometimes the music continues in the background (at full volume) and sometimes not.

These are just the ones off the top of my head

Yes, your list is a bit short but right on. How about the following:

- unit switches to NAV when a call is placed or received

- bluetooth sometimes takes 30-45 seconds to disconnect fromthe phone after a call

- iphones dont work for shit even though they were released a year prior to the AVIC

- GPS goes ape shit when an iPhone is connected. Nothing like "GPS signal lost" as you drive down the freeway! :evil:

- contacts suck as and are way too limited for people with 250+ contacts

- bluethooth can't switch between different phones unless you manual disable one of the two phones first

- bluetooth volume is crap as is sound quality. People on the other end of a call say it sounds like i'm in a fish bowl

- why can't a brand new unit get more than two lines of data from XM/Sirius/FM? Its an absolute joke that this unit is more handicaped than an OEM unit from Toyotoa

my list can go on and have a feeling I will sell my unit once my $60.00 upgrade (word used lightly right now) arrives and is installed. Too bad because this unit had so much hype and no punch.

Hey tacomaboy, I just wanted to give you props for being one of the few ppl on this forum to at least try and point out Pioneers blunder to everyone else. I feel the same way, betrayed by what used to be a company that cared about its reputation more than anything, now all i see is another company that will sacrifice the long term commitment for the short term gain. I hate to see you go, this forum needs members like you that are not afraid to go against the flow to show something as it truly is.

And for all of you that think he is nitpicking, and littering his opinion on this forum. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO READ IT.FREEDOM IS A TWO WAY STREET(thank you southpark), just as you can tell him to STFU, he can write and post whatever the hell he wants.

Anyhoo good luck tacomaboy, I hope you change your mind about leaving.

Haha, thanks man. I do like most of the people on this forum, wish it would have been better circumstances, I really do.

Shouldnt throw stones in glass houses my friend.

Ok Mr 1337 .ini Hacker.

Sell the unit and move on.

We get it.

I am putting it up on ebay as I type. Don't worry you wont have to read any more about all the flaws in your precious AVIC from me any more. At least not from me.

Searching through your history, I dont even see so much as a .ini hack - one that many members have used and benefited from might I add. Stay classy.

Dude I am not here to argue with file hacking history with you... you have an ini edit under your belt... whoopdeedoo, you edited a plain text value, pat your self on the fucking back.

I have been involved with every console "scene" since the early days of writing code to burn onto PIC 12C508's to play backups on the original Playstation... I don't have anything to prove or brag about here.

And to those saying the full 3.0 we are running is a "Hacked" copy... wrong... it is an exact backup of the X910 Flash Drive. And I happen to be very happy with it.