AVIC411.com

Bypass Problem

• 2 weeks later...

Are you having an issue with the D3? If so/not, does the unit you have "reboot/restart" every 1-5 mins. or so? I am having a problem with a D3 that has been working fine for about 3-5 months. All of a sudden it has been rebooting/restarting on it's own every 2-5 mins. I spoke with Pioneer and they said that the function that allows the user to input NAV info. while driving is causing the problem. Even though the unit has been working fine for 3-5 months, they said the D3 has "learned/figured out" what is happening and it will not allow me to input NAV info. any longer.Weird thing is, this all happens while I am listening to the radio/ipod.Not while I am using the NAV function.Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem with my f900bt system. I bought it a month ago and did the dvd bypass. On August 3rd my system went wacko and it keeps restarting every 2-5 mins. I called pioneer he said they need to do a system flash on there or i could order the 3.0 update and update that when i get it and it should fix the problem. He said the deck is not able to load the firmware. Please let me know if you figure out how to fix this problem. First i thought it could be a loose wiring or something... or not properly grounded.

• 4 months later...

I have sent the D3 back to Pioneer 3 times thinking there was a hardware issue. While they replaced the optical drive, and some other parts I still have the rebooting issue. I am beginning to think it is a problem with the NAV disc. The new optical drive appears to be scratching the disc. I am going to re check my mute wire and make sure it is in the correct pin position. I have spoken to Pioneer several times with this issue and they have never said anything about a software/firmware upgrade unless they did it while the D3 was in for one of it's 3 repair visits. I will keep yo informed about the rebooting issue.