AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

Ok ... i read everything and it is time for my stupid questions:

First of all i would like to tell you that i have a EUROPE unit, i have already update my WINCE, i have already upgrade my unit with the files that were posted some days ago. So i can change presets using my steering wheel etc, but i still have 8.0 maps.

So ... let's see my maybe stupid questions:

1) Does this torrent has 8.0 maps or it has the new maps 8.3 ??

2) Does this update have the option of 2D (NOT north!) ?

3) Well this update works only on US units or i can add it to my Europe unit?

4) Since it is for US, and assume that it has 8.3 maps... i have to find and download some european 8.3 maps correct?

5) What is this 3.1 update that i saw here? News saw it before today.

Many thanks and sorry for so many questions ... but i think these are not my questions only. :)

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

Can someone PLEASE confirm that with 3.0 installed, that you can still replace the beep sounds with silent mp3s, and also that the software bypass fix works by editing the .ini file? This would be awesome if this still works!?

Umm I believe I confirmed this by making the guide :lol: I also included a pre edited .ini for the software bypass and included that in the guide. You do know that silent mp3s don't speed anything up?

I didn't notice the software bypass bit, sorry! And the silent mp3s I want have nothing to do with speeding anything up. I just hate the sound they make every time I use my steering controls! May I ask what speed you entered for the software bypass? :)

Thanks for the help. :)

256.0 :)

4) Since it is for US, and assume that it has 8.3 maps... i have to find and download some european 8.3 maps correct?

Many thanks and sorry for so many questions ... but i think these are not my questions only. :)

Anyone? I have an EU unit as well.

1) 8.3 maps

2) yes

3) it has US maps, you can add it to your EU unit

4) you need the 8.3 EU maps plus a license file

5) the torrent is a 3.0 version, that can be updated to a 3.1

Me too! :)

1) 8.3 maps

2) yes

5) the torrent is a 3.0 version, that can be updated to a 3.1

Yeah, I tried updating to 3.0101 also (using Pioneers update/instructions) and when the unit boots the "System Starting" message just stays on the screen even tho I can access my music and whatnot. Also, the button/dial backlight just fades in and out really fast. I just reverted back to 3.003 and everything works fine.

Retell - When do you think you'll get a chance to update the OP with the 3.0101 instructions?

Also, I had no intention of updating my unit tot he 3.0 software until Pioneer released the software because there were so many different threads and methods of updating the software that I didn't want to have to wade through all of it. As soon as Retell made this easy-to-understand thread and made the files so accessible, I decided to update my F900. I'm glad I did, it was so easy to do and I am pretty happy with the improvements. Thanks Retell, you have given me some hope in the F-series.

GREAT! This means, I have to use the hacked EZRider 2.07 and it will work with iGo 8.0 but otherwise it will have any improvements not regarding the iGo but the main unit?

Yeah, I tried updating to 3.0101 also (using Pioneers update/instructions) and when the unit boots the "System Starting" message just stays on the screen even tho I can access my music and whatnot. Also, the button/dial backlight just fades in and out really fast. I just reverted back to 3.003 and everything works fine.

Retell - When do you think you'll get a chance to update the OP with the 3.0101 instructions?

I'm having the same issues and also had to revert back to 3.003. When I was stuck with that "System Starting" message, I also could access all my music and everything, but the unit would reboot itself after a minute or two.

I put back the original DATA.zip file from this thread, and all is well again. For the life of me I can not get the mute-voice-guidance button or the compass-cancel-route button to work. Any chance of a DATA.zip file with all of these (including the software bypass)?

Thanks guys for the awesome work!