AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

So... IF someone has a Europe Unit, he can do the update, he can see the new menus etc... BUT he will have the US maps. So if i am guessing correct ... i will need a licence and a map for my country. I am wondering if i can use the same as in my PNA which runs IGO8.3 ??!! I will try and tell you ... !

(perhaps someone already done this...and tell us if i am correct).

That would be interesting.

Are there any OTHER differences regarding the US and the EU units??

(i mean does the radio presets are working ok because i thought there was a big difference between US and EU units. I don't know if it was hardware or software difference).

The hardware is definitely different, from the software side i don't know any difference.

I read before that someone put the old hacked Ezrider and it worked ok with the old 8.0 maps but with the new firmware. I guess this is a good and practical solution for now...if we can't find any licence file for EU units.

Yep. I put on my EU unit: the new WinCE, the hacked Ezrider+License+2008 maps, the V3 APL folder. Runs smoothly and fast. I'm happy. :D

How about putting up your flash drive for the rest of us EU users...please :D

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

With the new 3.0 firmware I can finally play most divx files... on the 2.xx firmware it would barely play any files that I tried without converting them to mp4. Now it'll play everything i've thrown at it so far! Also, the responsiveness of the SD card menu is better (still really slow though). Thanks again OP!

Yep. I put on my EU unit: the new WinCE, the hacked Ezrider+License+2008 maps, the V3 APL folder. Runs smoothly and fast. I'm happy. :D

1. All things i used are available here in the forum.

2. You have to put the new Windows CE to your unit by yourself, the MyFlashDisk backup don't help you.

3. My unit is modded with Yuri's mod (for navigation) and with the Window 7 theme (appereance)

4. i updated only the maps i need now (if i drive to other countries in the future there will be newer maps again...)

5. i don't have webspace for 1.7 GB

It doesn't make sense to use my backup, it is my personal pimped version. What you need is a stock V3 backup.

Uhh I believe he is asking for the maps and license :o

1. All things i used are available here in the forum.

2. You have to put the new Windows CE to your unit by yourself, the MyFlashDisk backup don't help you.

3. My unit is modded with Yuri's mod (for navigation) and with the Window 7 theme (appereance)

4. i updated only the maps i need now (if i drive to other countries in the future there will be newer maps again...)

5. i don't have webspace for 1.7 GB

It doesn't make sense to use my backup, it is my personal pimped version. What you need is a stock V3 backup.

I take it the answer to my question (Updating to 3.0 firmware, will the updating cause me to lose the ezrider all in one mod?) is yes. So once I have upgraded to 3.0 all I have to do is reload the ezrider hack and I should be good. I am sorry for trying to get a detail answer. I just don’t want to brick my unit. I don’t want to go through the frustration and aggravation it may cause.

So... IF someone has a Europe Unit, he can do the update, he can see the new menus etc... BUT he will have the US maps. So if i am guessing correct ... i will need a licence and a map for my country. I am wondering if i can use the same as in my PNA which runs IGO8.3 ??!! I will try and tell you ... !

(perhaps someone already done this...and tell us if i am correct).

That would be interesting.

Are there any OTHER differences regarding the US and the EU units??

(i mean does the radio presets are working ok because i thought there was a big difference between US and EU units. I don't know if it was hardware or software difference).

The hardware is definitely different, from the software side i don't know any difference.

I read before that someone put the old hacked Ezrider and it worked ok with the old 8.0 maps but with the new firmware. I guess this is a good and practical solution for now...if we can't find any licence file for EU units.

I guess the hacker EZRIDER.EXE version you have is the only one there, the 2.007. The maps you have are the old post-2008, has tested with the 2009 maps we have now installed the IGO 8.0?

When you put EZRIDER.EXE 2.007 (igo 8.0), the appearance of the browser remains the igo of 8.0 or have taken the look of even taking a 8.3 igo ezrider before?

Sorry for my poor English and I hope you understand my questions. Thank you.

I'm having an issue with my unit.

I updated Windows CE, that worked with no issues, however when I attempt to boot into testmode it simply doesn't work. The unit doesn't do anything. This doesn't change no matter where I put testmode (in the root, in root/testmode - neither work)

If I try to re-update Windows CE the unit simply says "unable to update".

Any ideas?

If it makes any difference the SD card was formatted on a Mac (in FAT format).

Thanks for your help - however, I am a bit confussed about the ezrider hack working with the 3.0 upgrade. This is what I am understanding from what you said- 3.0 is the hardware upgrade and I should not affect the ezrider hack because that is a software modification. Please correct me if I am wrong. We all want the latest and the greatest but no one wants to brick their unit.

I updated Windows CE, that worked with no issues, however when I attempt to boot into testmode it simply doesn't work. The unit doesn't do anything. This doesn't change no matter where I put testmode (in the root, in root/testmode - neither work)

Any ideas?

Did you use Testmode V2.3? The older version did only work until firmware V2.05

AFAIK FAT is FAT, no matter where it got formatted.

Any ideas?

Did you use Testmode V2.3? The older version did only work until firmware V2.05

AFAIK FAT is FAT, no matter where it got formatted.

Yes I did, I tried the testmode included with this tutorial, and I downloaded the newest version from a seperate thread as well. Neither works.

And to test it I booted into windows and formatted the card + put on test mode - same thing.

Just curious, for F500BT unit, is it possible to just update the APL and Maps portion from this torrent download package, without the upgrading Windows CE. As there is concerns that WIndows CE is not compatible with F500BT model.

Ok i dit the update and thanks going ok finaly the system reset and starts up but there is standing SYSTEM STARTUP IN PROGRESS PLEAS WAIT and then whit one min. it is reseting and starts up whit te same

SYSTEM STARTUP IN PROGRESS PLEAS WAIT

is there somting rong?. i have F900bt EU (From holland)

als there is no dutch on it

pleas can sombody help?.

Map version 02.000300

version 3.000300

is now on it i can see that