AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

i tried everything...followed the instructions down to the T many times...this sucks cause now I have to take it in to get fixed which will be over a 100.00...i guess i shouldnt have been so cheap and bought the update even though it should be for free...does anyone know how to load the old firmware that you get from the pioneer site without getting errors???

Hey dude... I had the same problem as you and now I got the update to work. The first time around, I thought I followed the directions but realized that I misunderstood them a little bit.

In step 11, I deleted everything inside the My Flash Disk Drive. Then I went to the SD card... Opened the My Flash Disk folder... Selected All from Edit, then copied the contents. I went back to the My Flash Disk Drive and pasted the contents there.

My mistake on the first attempt was that I copied the actual folder and just pasted the folder into the My Flash Disk Drive. I hope you try this and see if it helps!

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

What phone do you have? The bluetooth system is generally a bit buggy, but some phones are worse than others and there are fixes for a few of them. I haven't used it enough to see if it seemed better with 3.0 (for that matter, I didn't even look to see if the bluetooth software version number changed). Might be able to check the version number late tonight.

HTC Mogul. HTC's have been pretty messy with the avic. no clue about any fixes though. I guess a PM would be appreciated in case someone goes off about us posting in the wrong section.

I also have to check the bluetooth updates on the pioneer site but doubt they'd help much.

Installed... and what a difference in speed.

To newbs: I have never done a hack on this unit and or fussed with windows ce ever... I admit I was nervous in doing this to my unit so I don't end up with a brick - but everything is straight forward and my deck is way better.

First quality noob post of the thread. Congrats :mrgreen:

i tried everything...followed the instructions down to the T many times...this sucks cause now I have to take it in to get fixed which will be over a 100.00...i guess i shouldnt have been so cheap and bought the update even though it should be for free...does anyone know how to load the old firmware that you get from the pioneer site without getting errors???

Hey dude... I had the same problem as you and now I got the update to work. The first time around, I thought I followed the directions but realized that I misunderstood them a little bit.

In step 11, I deleted everything inside the My Flash Disk Drive. Then I went to the SD card... Opened the My Flash Disk folder... Selected All from Edit, then copied the contents. I went back to the My Flash Disk Drive and pasted the contents there.

My mistake on the first attempt was that I copied the actual folder and just pasted the folder into the My Flash Disk Drive. I hope you try this and see if it helps!

Thanks..I will try that and see if it works...what did your stereo do the first time where it didnt work...I wonder if it is acting like mine

Thanks..I will try that and see if it works...what did your stereo do the first time where it didnt work...I wonder if it is acting like mine

My navi booted up to my loading screen then after about 20 seconds, it shut down and went black. Now it works like a champ!

After downloading the zip file from torrent I've unzipped it (extracted all). After doing this Windows Vista creates a new file without the .zip extension. What i'm not clear on is when I explore the content of the new file, there are more zipped files inside!! I then unzip those, ie DATA file. I then delete the .zip file and leave the newly created file after unzipping. Is this correct or not. Maybe this is causing my update malfunction. My unit displays a Windows box on startup for a split second after the Pioneer logo, that says, "Program application database cannot be found". Then when the main menu boots up the "startup in progress" box does not go away. Finally after like a couple minutes the system keeps rebooting. I've been wrestling with this for 3 days now. Please any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated. I have the Avic-f900bt unit.

Everything works great but has anyone been able to solve that street name problem on 3d maps? i either have to get too close to see them or i click zoom out and it goes too far. n then i have to go one by one zoom in until i see them again. wonder if it'll be normal once i drive =/

After walking through all the steps, everything looks to be ok but the system constantly reboots every 5 minutes. I hear the new button sounds, and can check the system info and it shows I am running 3.0 firmware. But the "System Startup" message never goes away, and the whole unit reboots after 5 minutes.

I am thinking it is the WinCE update. When booting into testmode, and checking the WinCE version, it shows that it is 5.0. I thought I read here (somewhere??) that it should be 6.x. I grabbed all the files from page one in this thread, and didn't get any errors at any stage. I am running a F900BT. Any help would be much appriciated!

Thanks

I got the EXACT same problem as you dude and no im not a noob at this stuff either!

Im in Australia and have an F900BT aswell....and along with the 5 min reboots, my USB isnt working either!!???

i put in my usb and i was in the usb section in AV source and it looked like it usually does when the usb is loading but after a long long time of waiting, it didnt load :evil:

ill update it with 3.1 now and hopefully it will fix SOMETHING!!

but umm with the other replies that said use the stock ezrider, well the only "hacks" ive put on my unit, which probably wouldnt be considered a hack, is just the latest Australian Map Updates from here

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 8&start=15

So i dont get it, should i still TRY the stock ezrider?? Please hellpppppp

EDIT: i tried to install 3.1 and the update screen loaded but it had a red background and it wouldnt update because it said "Incorrect software on sd/usb" so im stuck on 3.0 and ive still got those problems such as the 'system startup' label staying there, and the usb not working, and also the unit rebooting every 5 mins.

Has anyone seen this error? I've tried to do this 4 different times. I've posted for help several times in different threads, I have no idea what I'm not doing or what files I don't have but I've down load everything more than once. And the instructions to load to 3.0 seem too easy for me to mess that up.

Please PM me some tips.

do you have the bypass?

After downloading the zip file from torrent I've unzipped it (extracted all). After doing this Windows Vista creates a new file without the .zip extension. What i'm not clear on is when I explore the content of the new file, there are more zipped files inside!! I then unzip those, ie DATA file. I then delete the .zip file and leave the newly created file after unzipping. Is this correct or not. Maybe this is causing my update malfunction. My unit displays a Windows box on startup for a split second after the Pioneer logo, that says, "Program application database cannot be found". Then when the main menu boots up the "startup in progress" box does not go away. Finally after like a couple minutes the system keeps rebooting. I've been wrestling with this for 3 days now. Please any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated. I have the Avic-f900bt unit.

You're making it too hard on yourself. The only file you should unzip is the x910bt.zip you torrented in the beginning. Explore the contents and copy the entire 'My Flash Disk' folder onto your SD card. Don't worry if there are still zip files inside of that - it's just how the AVIC needs it. The torrented file is an exact copy of the X910bt's file system.

Is it about right for that torrent file to take 21 days to download?!?! This is on Vuze and a 10m cable connection.

that's about right. mine was going anywhere between 11mbs-52mbs and originally said twenty one hours but it sped up half way through and was done in three.