AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

Any reason why you couldn't eliminate step 12 and just mod the park break speed to 256 in the DATA file in the flash dump that is being copied into the my flash disk before they are copied over opposed to copying the flash dump over and then recopying the DATA file? Same quesion goes for the 3.01 update writing over the 3.00 DATA?

The question still remains, I would assume that this wouldn't be an issue but I would rather hear it confirmd from someone who knows more about computers instead of just assumeing it myself because all I can do is follow the instructions everyone here posts. In other words I need to say great job and thanks to the people who write instructions and provide the files on this site, because even someone like myself who basically has zero programming knowledge is able to successfully use the hacks and mods provided on this site and get them to work.

As others have said, I recommend doing a "select all/delete" on your current flash disk contents before copying over the new files. When I did the install the first time, just copying the new files over without deleting the old files, I would have issues with playing mp3s from the SD card and also really slow or non working steering wheel controls. I reinstalled, deleting the old flash disk files first, and everything works great now.

As others have said, I recommend doing a "select all/delete" on your current flash disk contents before copying over the new files. When I did the install the first time, just copying the new files over without deleting the old files, I would have issues with playing mp3s from the SD card and also really slow or non working steering wheel controls. I reinstalled, deleting the old flash disk files first, and everything works great now.

what kind of issues? Screen freezing up and stuff?

My bluetooth is working a lot better with the 3.0. I'm not saying it has a bluetooth update in it because i dont know for sure but my HTC phone had a lot of problems with the unit before. Although I don't know if it was my phone's fault (many htc users had trouble) or the navi i DID have a lot of trouble with the call not ending after hangup, the pickup/hangup buttons not coming up, phone book not conecting without extra firmware. After the 3.0 i didnt change anything on my phone. Yet the nav automatically imported my contacts without any firmware needed. And still after days of usage, the bluetooth has had no new troubles. =D

My bluetooth is working a lot better with the 3.0. I'm not saying it has a bluetooth update in it because i dont know for sure but my HTC phone had a lot of problems with the unit before. Although I don't know if it was my phone's fault (many htc users had trouble) or the navi i DID have a lot of trouble with the call not ending after hangup, the pickup/hangup buttons not coming up, phone book not conecting without extra firmware. After the 3.0 i didnt change anything on my phone. Yet the nav automatically imported my contacts without any firmware needed. And still after days of usage, the bluetooth has had no new troubles. =D

+1 ...since the 3.0 update when I end a call either on my phone directly or using the nav it ends right away. Before, it would take 30-45 seconds for my ipod/radio to come back on.

Also noticed that if I am using my nav in route and I make a call, the amount of space the call info takes is much smaller! Instead of taking the bottom third of my navy screen, the call box has been reduced to a small square off to the side.

Definitely happy!

omg batman, this update is the shit. one problem i was having was the ipod nav buttons were ass to use. you had to make sure you touched exactly the white arrows to get it to switch tracks. now its great. i just finished the 3.0.10 update (or whatever it is) and its working fine. i just dont have my european maps, which does indeed suck.

Retell, you rock! Install went smooth, other than my screen being misaligned so I couldn't get the top menu buttons in WinCE. Thank God for people like you who go out of their way to help others! My hats off to you. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Dear Pioneer, for about a year I have been struggling with this unit. Quite a few times my frustration bubbled over and my fist was close to smashing through it. Didn't any of your staff have it in their cars? This experience has sullied Pioneer's name in my mind. That being said, the unit now operates properly.

Retell, you rock! Install went smooth, other than my screen being misaligned so I couldn't get the top menu buttons in WinCE.

That comes up a lot. If you ever go into testmode, the FIRST thing you should do is open Control Panel and run the Stylus Calibration utility. The process takes perhaps 30 seconds and eliminates all problems with clicking anywhere on the screen.

Retell, you rock! Install went smooth, other than my screen being misaligned so I couldn't get the top menu buttons in WinCE.

That comes up a lot. If you ever go into testmode, the FIRST thing you should do is open Control Panel and run the Stylus Calibration utility. The process takes perhaps 30 seconds and eliminates all problems with clicking anywhere on the screen.

Of coarse! I was so focused on continuing the process I dragged and dropped and used the keyboard option. Next time I'm in there, I'll configure. Thanks.