AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

I don't know if this will help anyone here but when I did my update I started doing it with my car ignition in the "ACC" (Accessory) setting, this caused the unit to continuously restart a few seconds after inputting the password combination via the volume button.

The car's ignition has to be in the "ON" setting to do this update. Make sure your battery is able to power your unit for at least 20 mins otherwise you may want to start the car and keep it running before you start the process. But I would not advise you do this unless totally necessary, be kind to the environment. :mrgreen:

I'm having that same problem regardless of whether my car is running or not (and I measured my battery's output, that's not the problem).

I'll have to pull the deck out and install it on my bench hooked up to a power supply, hopefully that will fix the problem.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

TIPS on 3.0 Install:

1. When updating the WinCE version, do it FAST and try multiple times, it should eventually work! otherwise the screen goes black.

2. Only one sd card is needed, you can power down your stereo in between steps if needed as well.

2. torrent files requires you to download a converter, I downloaded "BitTorrent" for free and it converted the file.

3. ALWAYS MAKE a BACKUP!!!!!!!! create an empty file on your SD, copy and paste everything in "myflashdisk" onto your SD card, then proceed to overwrite with the new 3.0 files.

4. Be prepared to wait, the update takes quite a while.

Consequences:

1. You can no longer use the AUTOMATIC updates after you to update to 3.0 using this process, the 3.01 update off the pioneer website will not work, its the hacking method for everything forward.

My voice recognition no longer works with my Iphone contacts, only my music, this may be a result of the newest Iphone update however, either way....it really sucks and i hope it isn't from the way I did this 3.0 upgrade.

1. You can no longer use the AUTOMATIC updates after you to update to 3.0 using this process, the 3.01 update off the pioneer website will not work, its the hacking method for everything forward.

This is false, I was able to use the automatic update from the Pioneer website..if you are unable to perform the update then you did something wrong and should start over, unless you don't mind copying the files for each update.

I thought I'd add to this thread instead of starting a new one.

I installed 3.0 on my F900 as per the instructions provided in the first post, but now my unit doesn't boot up properly. It boots fine up to the menu screen, but "System is starting up please wait" won't go away.

I've done some searching and tried deleting the gpsparaxx.bin files and clearing the user\userdata\ contents with still no luck.

I have performed the steps provided for the 3.0 upgrade carefully 3 times now, and I always get the same result. Is there something I'm missing?

It boots fine up to the menu screen, but "System is starting up please wait" won't go away.

I had the same issue, but only when I tried to install the 3.0.1 update from the Pioneer website.

The only way I could overcome it was to go back all the way back to installing the WINCE updates, then the 3.00. I'm not tackling the 3.0.1 again until someone posts a definitive "how-to" on what the best way to do it is. I wasted enough of my Saturday trying to do that update the first time. ;)

By the way, do we have a list of what's supposedly fixed/addressed in the 3.0.1 update?

I first upgraded to 3.0 on Friday didn't add any mods until Saturday. I decided to upgrade to 3.01 today and add my mods back on. I have not had one issues as of yet. I got the upgrade from the pioneer site. Also on the site list all the fixes that 3.01 are suppose to fix. They are listed below.

AVIC X-Series Firmware Update Change History

Applicable models: AVIC-X910BT, AVIC-X710BT

Ver 3.010100

CHANGE HISTORY:

- Fixes the case that “distance to destination” is incorrectly displayed in French Canadian kilometer mode.

- Improves the reliability of “Delete All User Data” feature

- Improves 2D map display performance in scales > 20,000ft.

- Fixes the case that city names on 2D map may not be displayed when large amounts of MSN Traffic data is present.

- Enhances reliability during firmware update process.

- Fixes the case where Track Log data is not retained in memory when unit is shut off.

- Improves reliability of iPod alphabetical search feature.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox ... Update.pdf

Use this PDF for the 3.0 to 3.01 update.. its so easy I'm not sure how you can mess this up since you were able to do the 3.0 upgrade as far as I can tell.

Just put the ""LPUE080" folder on the root of the SD card and boot up the AVIC with the SD card in it and it will start automatically...

I also tested MP3 playback from my SD card and changing tracks is instant... For those that are having slow performance from their SD cards, I would try getting a better quality SD card. I am using a 2GB Sandisk from Radioshack which was about $14... I am able to copy files to it from my PC at about 2-3MB/s so the avic should be fine with this.

I thought I'd add to this thread instead of starting a new one.

I installed 3.0 on my F900 as per the instructions provided in the first post, but now my unit doesn't boot up properly. It boots fine up to the menu screen, but "System is starting up please wait" won't go away.

I've done some searching and tried deleting the gpsparaxx.bin files and clearing the user\userdata\ contents with still no luck.

I have performed the steps provided for the 3.0 upgrade carefully 3 times now, and I always get the same result. Is there something I'm missing?

funny I'm quoting myself. I attempted 3.0 again and noticed an error message when copying the My Flashdisk from the torrent. It says "Error: can not copy canada.poi". The torrent must have gotten corrupted for me while downloading. It took forever. I'll try it again later.

Allright. So. I redid 3.0 and formatted My Flash Device (I, for some reason, only had 20MB left. Completely unmodded. Strange.). After that, I had 200+ MB free, and installed 3.01 just peachy.

Two questions:

1. I'm STILL getting that incredibly laggy inputs playing MP3s from an SD card. Any ideas?

Things I'm trying tomorrow to help:

A) Reverting to my non-modded Data.zip file. (See below)

B) Changing to a 4GB SD card from a 16GB SD card. (If that doesn't work, I'll try a 2GB I suppose. It's fast as heck.)

2. I edited my data file and put the speed limit thingie that's normally at 16 to 256. I was under the impression that was a bypass so I can have full access to the options menu while driving and such. It didn't seem to work. I still need the parking brake on or what? Do I have to do the hard bypass as well? (I don't have the tools to get my deck out, so soft bypass is my only option)

For those with problems upgrading WinCE. I've had this problem.. Just format the sd card in fat32, copy the two files, power on the radio, when the logo appears, push the four buttons (Menu, Map, Eject and Reset), wait like 5 seconds, leave the reset button, shot after that, release the Eject button, wait for the blue screen, release the two other buttons. On mine, i'd have a "please restart again" message, but i've been capable to entering the code. Enter your SD Card, Select WinCE Upgrade, Select SD Card (Format), and it will takes about 2 minutes to reflash the WinCE.

Hope this will helps ...

thank you much for this thread. my system was running 2.0 but stopped working for some odd reason and kept playing music only for a few minutes than shutting off and i couldnt even get to the maps without the system startup message. i first had messed up this prodecure and it only had showed a black screen but eventually got it all to work after many attempts and now it is working better then it has ever worked and saved myself 600 dollars to replace it. i appreciate these instructions very much it works brilliantly.