AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

OK i'll try doing this for my 2.0 f900bt.

But i can't afford to brick it

i haven't read everything, it seems a lil complicated and i'm a bit scared

what do i need to do to back the 2.0 up? just in case?

also are the instruction in the op update (with all the error that the users discovered)

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

Woo hoo!

I got my F90BT REFURB last night and it was installed, with all the updates by 3 PM today.

*installed stereo (mute wire, and speed wire were ignored, but grounded handbrake to body frame)

*Freshly Booted up the Stereo and Immediately COPIED MY Flash Disk to an SD Card so I have *MY* Original <<---smart

*did WINCE update

*did 3.0 update

*did DATA file copyover (speed hack)

*did the 3.0101 pioneer update

*COPIED the Flash Disk to an SD Card AFTER ALL OF THE INSTALLS <<---smart

*Archived all the files used today on an 8 gig sd card <<---smart

Everything is mostly good. I do get a 'handbrake wire is installed improperly' message. My only understanding is the handbrake is to be grounded.

I grounded the negetive stereo wire, and the handbrake wire both to to the car's frame. I just left the black wire on the car side of the harness attached to nothing. Is this right? I guess I'll go back and read for hour(s) but I'm thinking I'll find I did it right so I'm perplexed.

I finally have an F-Series!!!

Did the WinCE update with no errors at all on my F700. Reset with the same SD card and boot into testmode BUT it exits windows after about 6 seconds and the screen goes black.

During those few seconds it works fine though.

at this point the unit is useless it goes black after the pioneer bootup, did I brick this thing ?

PLEASE HELP !

Did the WinCE update with no errors at all on my F700. Reset with the same SD card and boot into testmode BUT it exits windows after about 6 seconds and the screen goes black.

at this point the unit is useless it goes black after the pioneer bootup, did I brick this thing ?

PLEASE HELP !

Ok, I downloaded the files from the link in the install guide (not the torrent)

loaded the CE update - successful

reboot and copy over the "My Flash Disk"

reboot again, the "Pioneer" boot screen comes up for about 10 seconds, then all goes black...

I tried using the 3.1 update from Pioneer, but it does not work either, it just goes black screen again.

Anyone know how to fix this ? :evil:

PLEASE HELP !

reboot again, the "Pioneer" boot screen comes up for about 10 seconds, then all goes black...

I tried using the 3.1 update from Pioneer, but it does not work either, it just goes black screen again.

OK, got it working. Made a really DUMB mistake. I copied the "My Flash Disk" folder into the "My Flash Disk" folder. Of course this will NEVER WORK!, you need to copy the contents of the "My Flash Disk" into the one on the F700 !. What threw me off was that, that folder has a different icon instead of a regular folder symbol. Dumb as that sounds, it's what happened.

I also installed the 3.1 update from the Pioneer website, worked without a hitch. Further note, I had all the files on 1 8GB SD card (SDHC), no need for multiple cards. The pioneer update needs to be on it's own card though.

PLEASE HELP !

OK, got it working. Made a really DUMB mistake. I copied the "My Flash Disk" folder into the "My Flash Disk" folder. Of course this will NEVER WORK!, you need to copy the contents of the "My Flash Disk" into the one on the F700 !. What threw me off was that, that folder has a different icon instead of a regular folder symbol. Dumb as that sounds, it's what happened.

I also installed the 3.1 update from the Pioneer website, worked without a hitch. Further note, I had all the files on 1 8GB SD card (SDHC), no need for multiple cards. The pioneer update needs to be on it's own card though.

How'd you organize the files into 1 SD card? What folders for what files? I have a 8GB SDHC also so I want to put everything in one card to minimize hassle. Thanks.

What am I doing wrong? Everything seemed to work fine but... My splashscreen loads and my music plays but my actual nav just gets stuck in the system loading screen. So frustrating! I don't know if it makes a difference but all of the files were downloaded to a mac then transferred to my SD card. Don't know if there is any mac conflicts with these files. Any help would be greatly appreciated. How do I get this thing to work? I am going to have to start from scratch?

Thanks