AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

ok,

i have been trying this for over 2 days with no luck.

the closest i have came to getting my unit to work was it starting up and saying "please wait while unit is starting up"

i tryed a few other things and it got worse after that from restarting every 3 mins to where it is now at getting to the Pioneer screen then shutting down after 30 seconds.

all i want now is to back to my original stock set up.

but from reading other posts on other threads i guess you cant use your old backup with the new windows upgrade??

so how do i downgrade my windows?

anyone help with helping me just going back to stock and enjoying my f700 with its simple setup??

Are you using the original update from Pioneer or the hacked one?

i am useing the ones posted on the first post of this thread.

and followed all the instructions on the thread with no positive outcome so that is why i am just wanting to go back to the stock setup

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

and followed all the instructions on the thread with no positive outcome so that is why i am just wanting to go back to the stock setup

I had the same problem, but with the legit copy that I paid for. I then put in the one at the beginning of this thread and all is good. Did you make sure that you chose the format option?

I had the same problem, but with the legit copy that I paid for. I then put in the one at the beginning of this thread and all is good. Did you make sure that you chose the format option?

i did it first without the format then tried to do it again with the format...i have read all through this thread and others regarding this mod with little or no help to get it working again.

like i said i am just hoping to get it back to its original setup without the 3.0 update

I installed 3.0 and also the speed/map mod. All of the map mods are awesome, mute voice, 6 shortcuts, etc. I have the break wire grounded, but when I get up to 10mph DVD locks out status watching while driving is prohibited, as well as improper connection of brake wire detected. I know the mod is in correctly, since the NAV mods work fine. I also validate that the brake speed in the .ini file is set to 256.0 I have also seen multiple other thread with the same problem without a fix? Any ideas? I did not ground the mute wire on the harness. I have a 900bt.

Any ideas gladly accepted. Also have an issue with no name showing up when I receive a call, only the number. I tried adding a 1 in front of the number, but then it displays the 1 in front of the number, still no name? Does anyone know if you can manually add/remove contacts from test mode since there is no way to add/edit contacts, and you have to install all contacts into the AVIC.

jdude

mine is now to the point where it will startup but i cant get into anything other than the audio and after 3 mins the entire system restarts...any help?

Look for the post where there are 3 or 4 gps.para files that need to be deleted. I did this for a friend and it stopped him from having to send it back to Pioneer.

After walking through all the steps, everything looks to be ok but the system constantly reboots every 5 minutes. I hear the new button sounds, and can check the system info and it shows I am running 3.0 firmware. But the "System Startup" message never goes away, and the whole unit reboots after 5 minutes.

I am thinking it is the WinCE update. When booting into testmode, and checking the WinCE version, it shows that it is 5.0. I thought I read here (somewhere??) that it should be 6.x. I grabbed all the files from page one in this thread, and didn't get any errors at any stage. I am running a F900BT. Any help would be much appriciated!

Thanks

I had the same issue, but it occured with pioneer 3.01 update. Tried three times to no avail. The system rebooted after 5 minutes. I coud use radio and could see top menu and most of the selections. Got new sounds etc. Just not the map screen.

I fixed it by using completly different SD card. I also unzipped the files on Windows Vista instead of using my MacBook.THATS ALL.

I have to add that upgrading to 3.0 was NOT an issue using this particular SD card and extracting files on the MacBook. and the 3.0 was over 1.5 GB. GO FIGURE!

For those of you who are still trying to fix this - I had the same problem on a F90BT. I followed his suggestion and used windows/winrar to unzip my files, and overwrote the files, but it still didn't work. I tried to delete the gpspara files, but that didn't work either. What did work for me was to use windows/winrar, then delete all the files in myflashdrive. I then put in the new 3.0 files in, and after i rebooted, it worked fine! So my advice would be to use windows/winrar, and make sure to delete all the files in myflashdrive first, then paste in the new ones. Hope this helps!

ok when I get to this step where do I get the apl2\igo file? I can't find one on my flash disk I didn't find it in the downloads from the first page HELP please.

Once testmode boots, open explorer and copy the contents of the flash dump to the "My Flash Disk" Drive.

(Should take about 20min even though at first it says like 140min)

Step 12: Copy the Data file from the SD card and replace the one in "My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo" (Soft Bypass)

So I installed all of it for 3.0 it all works awsome except for some reason I can't get a gps signal now any ideas?

what did you do to fix this issue? I'm getting same thing, GPS signal is sparatic at best. Sometimes works with no issues, sometimes has to be reset, sometimes it doesnt find the signal at all...