AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

Did you use the hacked version or the official update? I had the same problem when I installed the official update. As soon as I put the hacked version in, all was good. From what I see, is that the official version does not format the flash disk whereas the hacked version does. You could have some older previous mods conflicting with the update.

This is the hacked version on a brand new F700BT with no mods. I was able to get into WINCE the first time and started copying the 'My Flashdisk' files over but got the 'cannot copy file errors'.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

dumpfiles?? Try to reinstall it again and follow the directions to a 'T'. Something did not copy over right! One other thing that you can do is to just copy the entire 'my flashdisk' that is in the IDT_v3.5 folder and then overwrite your 'My flashdisk' and then try it. Just overwrite everything.

dumpfiles?? Try to reinstall it again and follow the directions to a 'T'. Something did not copy over right! One other thing that you can do is to just copy the entire 'my flashdisk' that is in the IDT_v3.5 folder and then overwrite your 'My flashdisk' and then try it. Just overwrite everything.

That's exactly what I did and something must have been off since I was getting the copy errors. Problem is I cannot even get it to boot into testmode/WinCE anymore so I can't retry copying the files over. The only place I can get into is the bluescreen menu where I can do the Update SD (Format). I have tried unzipping and copying the files various ways in MAC and Windows with the same results. I have to find a way to get back into WINCE to copy the 'My Flashdisk' files over.

I completed the install successfully(I think). Very happy with the results.

Thanks to everyone who offered their input to make this possible.

Quick question, after the install I also installed the 3.1 version from the pioneer website.

It is running fine, but I noticed on the main page that I don't get the "dings" anymore. Really, the only time I hear the "dings" is when I'm in the navigation portion of the system.

When I press the button for voice command it will still make the "ding" sound.

Not that this is a bad thing, because the "ding" sound is kind of annoying, but I'm just wondering if everything copied correctly.

Thanks

I need HELP badly!

I tried the upgrade, ran into an error and now the unit just turns off after the Pioneer splash screen. I was able to perform all steps up to copying the 'My Flashdisk' contents over. At that point it kept giving me errors such as cannot copy Canada.3dl, USA_Arizona.3dl, another, another... etc. After clicking cancel multiple times I was finally able to stop the copy process. I thought perhaps I had corrupt files so I switched off the car and went to re-download the files. After loading up the SD card again I went back to the car and that's when I noticed it was turning off after the splash screen. This wouldn't allow me to boot into testmode/WinCE so I tried starting all over again from the beginning. It still doesn't work and now when I try to do the Menu-Map-Eject-Reset it doesn't even ask me for the Up-Up-Down-Menu-Left-Right password, it just goes on to the menu. Not sure if it is supposed to do that because I performed the initial part of the upgrade successfully or if that points to another issue. Is there any way I can fix this or format the unit in some way and get it back to 2.0?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I got it working! After numerous attempts at formatting the sd cards and copying the files over I finally got it to boot back into WinCE. I copied both WinCE files along with the 'testmode' directory onto the same sd card. After booting into the blue screen service menu and running 'Upgrade SD Format' I left the sd card in and pressed reset. It then continued to boot into WinCE where I was able to copy over all the 3.0 flashdisk files. After that I was also able to successfully update the unit to 3.01 off the Pioneer site.

Thanks to those who who supplied me with suggestions for my problem and this site for being available to us Pioneer owners.

Hmmm... I know I am pretty late on this, but every time I get to step 6 where i choose WINCE by SD/MMC (Format) or "Choice 0" on the list, I get a red box at the bottom that says "SDMMC Update fail!!! Any key to continue" I never see where it tells me to restart at the bottom center of the screen. I have tried it the long way with only the two winceimg files on the sd card and the "condensed" way with putting all the files on the root of the folder. Neither way worked. I am running a hacked data.zip file right now with the speed bypass and a couple other things and I'm not sure if that matters or not. I'm at a complete loss right now. I'm not a complete noob with modding my radio, but I can't get to step 7. Any help is appreciated.

By the way, I'm running an F700bt with a MacBook as my computer to drop files to the SD card which has already been formatted to FAT32.

Thanks in advance.

Worked great for me! However, I do have an issue. The reason I did this was because ever since Daylight Savings time hit, I have been unable to enter an address for the GPS, change the navigation settings, or change the system settings. I called the guy that did my install, and he says that everything should be fine because he hooked the parking brake wire up to a ground. He said it was a software issue. I did this update, officially have 3.0 (bye bye mods :( ) and still have the same problem. Anyone have any ideas on what may be causing this and how to fix it? I am assuming it is just the parking brake wire, but hoping its easier then that seeing as how this was a custom fiberglass install.

It's only day one but everything went smoothly. I had just got my unit back from pioneer on Wednesday and on the repair ticket they had mentioned that they replaced the GPS board. I figured before I put it back in the car, I'd do the upgrade and as per instruction it worked flawlessly. I sent it back for repair on the tts and bluetoth errors I was getting before the warranty expired. It seems that I have a new msn direct key that was not activated so i went ahead and got the 3 month trial. It worked out cause my current subscription expires this month. I'm wondering if the upgrade had anything to do with the new key or was it branded into the new GPS board that pioneer had replaced. I was a little weary about the upgrade because the last time I did an upgrade I bricked my friends D1 and since have been trying to find new ways to fix it. It will program everything but the GPS software, it says GPS=NG if anyone has any suggestions. You guys are the best! I think i'll stick with the 3.0 for now and not do the 3.1 to stay on the safe side. thanks again!

Ok. So the update went in successfully however, I am having the problem of the unit rebooting every two minutes. Music plays and the buttons work, but the unit just reboots itself every 2 minutes or so. I tried deleting the fav folder and the gps.para files as well to no avail. I am currently deleting the entire MyFlashDisk folder and "re-copying" everything back to it as another user suggested and hopefully this will work. If it doesn't, does anyone have any other suggestions on how I can resolve this problem? I know I'm getting close to finishing, just not quite there yet. For those who had it go through without a hitch... congrats, fighting this thing is a pain the butt! lol

This is absolutely insane. I deleted the file and replaced all the files with the hacked version and now the system will stay in "startup mode" for about 3 minutes, then it will restart. Can anyone please tell me what I have done wrong? And if not, can someone tell me what to do to go back to 2.0?

This is absolutely insane. I deleted the file and replaced all the files with the hacked version and now the system will stay in "startup mode" for about 3 minutes, then it will restart. Can anyone please tell me what I have done wrong? And if not, can someone tell me what to do to go back to 2.0?

Did you use WinRar to extract?