AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

Thanks MyITGuy!!!

I'm downloading as I post this... hehe.. Hope this works with my F500BT. :P

I searched this thread... but I didn't find anyone confirming that this update worked with F500BT... Is there anyone update w/this firmware and map update on F500BT!?

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

I just purchased the F500BT last week. Upgraded to 2.06 but still stuck with old 2008 map. I actually like the custom version of iGo included, so I have no intention to install leetlauncher. Unfortunately Pioneer doesn't provide 1st free map update like Garmin and TomTom and I can't even find my own house! Is there a way to installed a mod 3.0 firmware along with the 2009 map data into my F500BT?

Oh, my F500BT is the North America version with US and Canada map data.

thanks

What are APL2 and DATA folders for? Do you notice any difference after updated the two folders?

thanks

APL2 folder is iGO application folder contains all the map data, application executibles and other required files.

Data folder is for Pioneer menu files; XM files, wav files for system sounds, and etc files. You don't really need to update this folder but personally, I didn't like the original (v2.006) system sounds.

APL folder is main Pioneer applications and launcher (media player, parriot BT app, and etc). I tried to update to v3 but it didn't work (didn't pass boot splashscreen on second boot). I'm guessing it requires new WinCE to work properly. oh well, new maps and navi s/w is better than nothing.. ;)

Also, I got a copy of new 2009.06.TA map today and I will try it out tonight.

Anyone having a problem with MyITGuy's files?

So far approximately 140 downloads with only 1 reported issue, and I think that may be cleared up...waiting on the person to respond.

In Step 11 of the OP's post, be sure your copying the contents of the "My Flash Disk" folder on the SD Card to the "My Flash Disk" drive on your unit, do not copy the entire contents of the SD Card to your AVIC Unit.

Also, disregard step 12 of the OPs directions.

I used the instructions posted here without an issue:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25817

Of the 140 downloads, anyone has success upgrade F500BT to 3.0 including the WinCE image? thanks

Upgrading iGo alone is not very useful, and it break other functions.

Anyone having a problem with MyITGuy's files?

So far approximately 140 downloads with only 1 reported issue, and I think that may be cleared up...waiting on the person to respond.

I used the instructions posted here without an issue:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25817

Of the 140 downloads, anyone has success upgrade F500BT to 3.0 including the WinCE image? thanks

Upgrading iGo alone is not very useful, and it break other functions.

What did it break? I'm using new version of iGO & 2009.6 map with Diaftia Mod and I didn't see any issues.

I could not find WinCE image for F500BT. It would be nice if someone can share it.

Thanks,