AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

I have a F900BT and just performed to 3.0 update and It seems to be OK. I have a few questions.

1. I see there is no 3.02 update on the Pioneer site for F900BT, but a 3.0201 for the F910BT. Are people applying 3.0201 to their F900BTs? What value is it?

2. What map version is this unofficial 3.0 equipped with? Is it 2009.06 TA? Exactly, how can you determine this?

BTW, I was able to perform the update using a single 1 Gb SD card. I just removed the "Map" folder (from (/igo/content) and copied over everything else. Popped out the SD card and deleted all but testmode and then copied back and pasted the "map" folder to "/igo/content" directory. FWIW.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

thanks everybody for all the information posted here, without it I would not have been able to update my AVIC. I did have some problems updating as many of you have had, the rebooting every five minutes, the freezing of the maps, and the system startup banner not going away, but thankfully I was able to fix it. I am not certain what the problem was, but I believe when I tried to do the speed mod on my mac that's when the problem started. In order to correct I erased everything from My Flash Disk/USER/UserData/iGo/Save on the AVIC. I also erased everything from My Flash Disk/USER/UserData/iGo/SETUP also on the AVIC. The original DATA.zip file from the download I do not think it was corrupted, but when I unzipped to modify the speed settings and then zipped it back up...something must have happened that corrupted the file and my unit would not read it properly, so I reloaded on the AVIC just the DATA.zip and everything was ok after rebooting. But like I said, everything is running fine and I got 3.0 update on my unit. Thanks for all the good information guys. :D

3.0 up and running! I'm not sure if it was the vodka or what but after I thought about it this morning I realized that the original post was a little different on step 11. I made the proper adjustments and there you have it.

Thanks for the hulp abb1.

Now the MODS.......

Sorry for the delay guys, I will be making a new thread tonight containing a new torrent of what I like to call AVIC FX3.1.

It contains:

Windows CE 6 firmware

X Series 3.0201 update

NavTeq 2009Q2 USA/Canada maps

No nag screens

Trip Computer

POI Branding

Speed camera/red light mod

Software speed hack

• 3 weeks later...

HackZ wrote:

Ok so i am having issues with the park where:

Once you see Step 7: Wait till it says restart in the bottom center.

I see that just fine.

I swap out my SD car with the card that has the test mode files on it.

Then i press RESET with a pin

Then the unit reboots

then I see test mode and a box with a blue loading bar.

Now here is the ISSUE

Once the bar moves to half way the unit restarts and goes BLACK....

Driving me crazy...

p.s i picked:

choose update only WITH FORMAT OPTION

This is the exact same problem that I'm having with the 3.1 upgrade!!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

HackZ wrote:

Ok so i am having issues with the park where:

Once you see Step 7: Wait till it says restart in the bottom center.

I see that just fine.

I swap out my SD car with the card that has the test mode files on it.

Then i press RESET with a pin

Then the unit reboots

then I see test mode and a box with a blue loading bar.

Now here is the ISSUE

Once the bar moves to half way the unit restarts and goes BLACK....

Driving me crazy...

p.s i picked:

choose update only WITH FORMAT OPTION

This is the exact same problem that I'm having with the 3.1 upgrade!!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

If your seeing the test mode, after you removed the SD card and after the reset then you copied the entire SD card to your unit. Start the process over and only copy the CONTENTS of the "My Flash Disk" folder on the SD Card to the "My Flash Disk" drive on your unit.

• 2 weeks later...