AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

Nevermind, figured out the problem.

You have to hold all four buttons, then release the reset button first, then release the eject button, then you get the blue screen (without a time limitation). I also got no pop from the speakers, I just guessed on timing.

thank you for this. i did the EXACT same thing, and couldnt figure out what the deal was.

somebody should add this to the OP

I have been up and running for a while now....I must say, for those of you who are upgrading from 2.0 w/o any hacks this is kind of a big deal.....

It just feels and looks more polished. And I know I read somewhere that someone was pissed you couldn't mute the button beeps. Guess what, that option is in there as well!

After walking through all the steps, everything looks to be ok but the system constantly reboots every 5 minutes. I hear the new button sounds, and can check the system info and it shows I am running 3.0 firmware. But the "System Startup" message never goes away, and the whole unit reboots after 5 minutes.

I am thinking it is the WinCE update. When booting into testmode, and checking the WinCE version, it shows that it is 5.0. I thought I read here (somewhere??) that it should be 6.x. I grabbed all the files from page one in this thread, and didn't get any errors at any stage. I am running a F900BT. Any help would be much appriciated!

Thanks

I have to admit I love this. Its a great big middle finger to Pioneer. One they completely deserve.

Ahaha I agree. Man don't give up on the AVIC's we are just beginning to scratch the surface. $120 for this update is insane. $20 is pushing it. Bare minimum they should have provided the update free with f90bt's.

After walking through all the steps, everything looks to be ok but the system constantly reboots every 5 minutes. I hear the new button sounds, and can check the system info and it shows I am running 3.0 firmware. But the "System Startup" message never goes away, and the whole unit reboots after 5 minutes.

I am thinking it is the WinCE update. When booting into testmode, and checking the WinCE version, it shows that it is 5.0. I thought I read here (somewhere??) that it should be 6.x. I grabbed all the files from page one in this thread, and didn't get any errors at any stage. I am running a F900BT. Any help would be much appriciated!

Thanks

My windows CE is now 5.0. I say try it over again.

Thanks

That happened to me when I used the hacked ezrider. Try using the ezrider that comes with the download.

i'm able to complete steps 1-7.

After step 7

Step 7: Wait till it says restart in the bottom center.

I reset the device and try to bootup with the test mode sd card and the unit initially shows the pioneer logo then goes black. I try without the sd card in and it does the same thing. any ideas? ive reloaded the update twice just in case and nothing.

After step 7

I reset the device and try to bootup with the test mode sd card and the unit initially shows the pioneer logo then goes black. I try without the sd card in and it does the same thing. any ideas? ive reloaded the update twice just in case and nothing.

You need to use the newest testmode files. What your describing is what happens when you use the old test mode.

After step 7

Just out of curiosity, when you update CE in step 7, did you use update/format option or did you just update? On the original thread for this update, you have to choose update only WITHOUT FORMAT OPTION. I am not saying this is what happened to you, but it is possible.