Complete 3.0 Install Guide

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

New to the forum but... The 900bt unit in the van I recently purchased works fine when the van is not moving but when I travel more than 10 mph, it will reset while driving. Is this the same reset problems everyone else is experiencing? Will 3.0 remedy the issue? When I click on the links above, I receive a an error stating the site cannot be found.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.enkrypted.com/4.01.zip

Here is a mirror of 4.01 for USA with the latest maps, buildings and it works like a charm. Also includes the latest WinCE Image so be sure to flash that as well. All fits on ONE SD card! :) Enjoy!

Here is a mirror of 4.01 for USA with the latest maps, buildings and it works like a charm. Also includes the latest WinCE Image so be sure to flash that as well. All fits on ONE SD card! :) Enjoy!

Hey, this is awesome but I need the steps again to get it all correctly uploaded. Can you help? The download you gave us has two folders and two other files, a .win and a .cks

I think the process is something like:

* get into testmode

* update windows CE from the flash

* copy all the files from the "copy contents onto my flash" folder into...well, I'm not exactly sure if I need all the files there? And where do I put them? And what about the .win and .cks files? Do I need to do anything with those specifically or will they automatically be accessed when i get into testmode?

Thanks so much for your help, you're making many folks happy.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading through tons of pages and I'm only getting more confused... I wish some1 could write up a detailed tut on updating to v4, what it includes (software/maps/speed cams... etc) the pros/cons of such an update or simply, a how-to, if one doesn't require the updated software, just for updating the maps (in my case USA/Canada but I believe the process should be the same for the different regions) I actually don't mind the reading/DIY if I'm sent to an accurate/updated post. the link in previous post talks about updated F90BT (should be same for F series) but is using the X series software which is causing me stress/more confusion.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

Dear Encrypt3d,

I have used your SD card composition in an F900BT and works almost perfect! I actually took all your compilation, deleted your maps (except basemap.fbl), deleted your pois and your buildings and mix it with BEATO's European Maps (using only Beato's maps and pois, not EZrider.exe because if using it, it won't work with your compilation).

The result is that I have an F900BT working with the Spanish Maps, having all Europe Maps, Pois, Speedcams... (I got this from Robser database, the best for speedcams in Spain)... and the only fault is that I cannot access the FM transmission of TMC. It is kind of weird... you can access the TMC menu, but the button to select the Radio Station with Traffic information is "blur"... you cannot select it.

I will try today (once I get home) to see if by changing the TMC files of your compilation with the ones I have in my backup can make a patch for this...

If this works, it will be the complete update for all European systems!

Thanks a lot for your work... it is a great compilation!!! (and thanks to Beato for the European maps!!!)

Best!

• 3 weeks later...