AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

after redoing the update it worked.

Just an FYI it's better if you format your flashdisk just incase you have any problems.

The unit is A LOT better, very smooth now, maps are not still where I want them to be but I cant complain since its about 2 times faster than before.

After walking through all the steps, everything looks to be ok but the system constantly reboots every 5 minutes. I hear the new button sounds, and can check the system info and it shows I am running 3.0 firmware. But the "System Startup" message never goes away, and the whole unit reboots after 5 minutes.

I am thinking it is the WinCE update. When booting into testmode, and checking the WinCE version, it shows that it is 5.0. I thought I read here (somewhere??) that it should be 6.x. I grabbed all the files from page one in this thread, and didn't get any errors at any stage. I am running a F900BT. Any help would be much appriciated!

Thanks

That happened to me when I used the hacked ezrider. Try using the ezrider that comes with the download.

Not using the hacked EZrider, just the stock one from the download.

To be clear, I followed the instructions here exactly as listed. After everything comes up, the unit reboots after 5 minutes. I've tried updated to 3.1, and the update went fine...but still get a reboot after 5 minutes.

I went ahead and restored my backup, and verified everything is fine with 2.0 software. I then walked through the steps here again to update to 3.0, and I get the same thing.

Not sure why it isn't working for me, when others have no issues (and no, i'm not a dumb noob...i'm a CS major and have mod'ed most of the equipment I own). crilleym, you mentioned this happened to you initially. What exactly did you do to correct it? What EZrider file did you copy to repalce on your unit?

I really just suggest you try it again :D

After walking through all the steps, everything looks to be ok but the system constantly reboots every 5 minutes. I hear the new button sounds, and can check the system info and it shows I am running 3.0 firmware. But the "System Startup" message never goes away, and the whole unit reboots after 5 minutes.

I am thinking it is the WinCE update. When booting into testmode, and checking the WinCE version, it shows that it is 5.0. I thought I read here (somewhere??) that it should be 6.x. I grabbed all the files from page one in this thread, and didn't get any errors at any stage. I am running a F900BT. Any help would be much appriciated!

Thanks

That happened to me when I used the hacked ezrider. Try using the ezrider that comes with the download.

Not using the hacked EZrider, just the stock one from the download.

To be clear, I followed the instructions here exactly as listed. After everything comes up, the unit reboots after 5 minutes. I've tried updated to 3.1, and the update went fine...but still get a reboot after 5 minutes.

I went ahead and restored my backup, and verified everything is fine with 2.0 software. I then walked through the steps here again to update to 3.0, and I get the same thing.

Not sure why it isn't working for me, when others have no issues (and no, i'm not a dumb noob...i'm a CS major and have mod'ed most of the equipment I own). crilleym, you mentioned this happened to you initially. What exactly did you do to correct it? What EZrider file did you copy to repalce on your unit?

I used the one that came from the x910 download.

How I really fixed my unit..I deleted MYFLASHDISK, because i had too many mods on my unit and 3.01 update couldn't copy all of the files completely. Then I replaced myflashdisk with the x910 download and then loaded the 3.01 from Pioneer. Now it works fine so far. Hope this helps.

i'm able to complete steps 1-7.

After step 7

Step 7: Wait till it says restart in the bottom center.

I reset the device and try to bootup with the test mode sd card and the unit initially shows the pioneer logo then goes black. I try without the sd card in and it does the same thing. any ideas? ive reloaded the update twice just in case and nothing.

Just out of curiosity, when you update CE in step 7, did you use update/format option or did you just update? On the original thread for this update, you have to choose update only WITHOUT FORMAT OPTION. I am not saying this is what happened to you, but it is possible.

I recommend format, others say do not format,format is better theres no chance of cross versions...

Ok so i am having issues with the park where:

Once you see Step 7: Wait till it says restart in the bottom center.

I see that just fine.

I swap out my SD car with the card that has the test mode files on it.

Then i press RESET with a pin

Then the unit reboots

then I see test mode and a box with a blue loading bar.

Now here is the ISSUE

Once the bar moves to half way the unit restarts and goes BLACK....

Driving me crazy...

p.s i picked:

choose update only WITH FORMAT OPTION

i'm able to complete steps 1-7.

After step 7

Step 7: Wait till it says restart in the bottom center.

I reset the device and try to bootup with the test mode sd card and the unit initially shows the pioneer logo then goes black. I try without the sd card in and it does the same thing. any ideas? ive reloaded the update twice just in case and nothing.

You need to use the newest testmode files. What your describing is what happens when you use the old test mode.

I'm sorry guys but I was using the wrong testmode files and this was my problem. Thanks Retell, I was able to continue with the remainding steps and my unit is working great.

Ok so i am having issues with the park where:

Once you see Step 7: Wait till it says restart in the bottom center.

I see that just fine.

I swap out my SD car with the card that has the test mode files on it.

Then i press RESET with a pin

Then the unit reboots

then I see test mode and a box with a blue loading bar.

Now here is the ISSUE

Once the bar moves to half way the unit restarts and goes BLACK....

Driving me crazy...

p.s i picked:

choose update only WITH FORMAT OPTION

I used without and it worked fine

I used the one that came from the x910 download.

How I really fixed my unit..I deleted MYFLASHDISK, because i had too many mods on my unit and 3.01 update couldn't copy all of the files completely. Then I replaced myflashdisk with the x910 download and then loaded the 3.01 from Pioneer. Now it works fine so far. Hope this helps.

So interestingly enough, I redid the whole process. Now I get an error at the Pioneer Boot Logo that says:

InitalizationError: LoadLanguage failed.

I remember getting this back in the day when playing with LeetLauncher, but I don't recall how I fixed it. I think I had to replace some lang file somewhere, but not sure with what. If anyone has any thoughts, please share. I am in the process of redownloading the file from the torrent listed, and will try this one more go before just giving up and reverting back :-(

This looks so much more promising with all the files being able to down loaded so easly. I really appreciate this and look forward to trying it tomorrow morning. I have to grab one more SD card from a friend.

Thank you so much, reading between the few threads was really difficult because some people asked the same questions and others answered it differently.