AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

I was finally able to update to 3.0101 today.

I re-installed the WinCE update which then formatted my flash drive. I then went onto the flash drive and deleted any files which remained after the format. These files, however, will re-appear after restart. They are WinCE system files/folders which just keep getting replaced if they are deleted.

I then unzipped the X910 flash dump and re-copied all the files. I then downloaded, unzipped, and ran the 3.0101 update, just as it says on the Pioneer website. It worked this time!

The difference between this time and the last couple of times, I used Windows to unzip all of my files instead of my Mac. I just unzipped the files with the Windows proprietary compression. What was also different this time was I deleted those files on the flash drive after the format, even tho Windows would replace them every time. I deleted them and then copied the flash dump over so Windows couldn't replace them immediately.

I think the big difference was using Windows to decompress the files instead of my Mac.

Yes, but I only have 4 shortcuts, Home, Favorites, Address Entry, and POI Lookup. I took out all the extra, less necessary stuff from CMHs. I just wanted the features that I would use. No screenshots or anything. Just picture a stripped down CMH.

I recommend people who go through a lot of tunnels not use the shortcut-enabled DATA.zip. There's a bug that occurs that when the GPS loses signal (in tunnels etc), it doesn't automatically start following the arrow when it picks up. After removing the shortcut interface, it all works again perfectly.

I was finally able to update to 3.0101 today.

I re-installed the WinCE update which then formatted my flash drive. I then went onto the flash drive and deleted any files which remained after the format. These files, however, will re-appear after restart. They are WinCE system files/folders which just keep getting replaced if they are deleted.

I then unzipped the X910 flash dump and re-copied all the files. I then downloaded, unzipped, and ran the 3.0101 update, just as it says on the Pioneer website. It worked this time!

The difference between this time and the last couple of times, I used Windows to unzip all of my files instead of my Mac. I just unzipped the files with the Windows proprietary compression. What was also different this time was I deleted those files on the flash drive after the format, even tho Windows would replace them every time. I deleted them and then copied the flash dump over so Windows couldn't replace them immediately.

I think the big difference was using Windows to decompress the files instead of my Mac.

Well I uncompressed the files with my Mac, so I don't know what to tell you! :) Either way I'm glad it works!

Hey guys, I updated the DATA.zip with the following mods, and this works on 3.0 AND 3.01 AVIC F700BT/900BT etc.

The mods included:

1.) Software bypass for speed.

2.) Shortcut menu on top left of map (REALLY awesome) and only visible when not using the guidance

3.) Mute button for voice guidance

4.) Pressing compass button to cancel in-progress route.

Again, this is tested to be working on AVICs running 3.0 OR 3.1! Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7680 ... f6e8ebb871

To install:

1.) Put Test Mode and this DATA.zip onto your SD card.

2.) Boot into Test Mode, go into My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo and replace the DATA.zip already there with this one!

Let me know if you have any questions/comments. Thanks!

Did this work for anyone else.

I replaced my data file with this data file in apl2/igo, restarted, and i do not have the little menu or the mute button.

When the flash disk dump is downloaded, do we have to go in each folder and extract (unzip) all .zip files? including the ones in the iGo folders (ie. DATA.zip, branding.zip, branding EW.zip)? And if so, when performed it creates a copy of that same file without the .zip. Must we delete the .zip files once extraction is complete and the new one is created?? Please help on this topic. I do not know if leaving .zip files within a large file is ok or not. I have performed the "extract all" feature, but for some reason it still leaves .zip files within the iGo folder for example. Thanks, any comments or info will be greatly appreciated.

Also, for people complaining about not being able to read street names in 3D mode, go into the Navi Settings and click the little wrench next to the "Smart Zoom" On/Off toggle, and change how far the Navi zooms out. I think I set mine to 600ft, so I can now read the road names all the time in town.

Is that all any other settings? Also i have the red arrow going south while i'm moving instead of north in 3d mode?

I have a quick question that i think i known the answer to but i just want to be sure. On step 12 from the very first post of this thread, if your unit is already hardware bypassed (so to say) can you skip this step? Is there any other reason to need to copy over the Data.zip file that was within the 3.0 install files?

Ok, I have a Mac Book Pro and avic f90bt. I have updated three times to 3.0 with no problem, but when i try to update to 3.01 using the oficial x series updated, my system hold on system starting up message. I try three diferent ways.

1. unzip with winzip (doesn't work)

2.unzip with winrar (does't work)

3. replace with the ezrider hacked and the one on the flash back up (doesn't work)

What else can i do?

Problem solve!!!!! :D

The problem wasn't descompressing de X910 dump files with my Mac, it was in decompressing the 3.01 oficial update with my Mac. After five times, i unzip the 3.01 update with winzip and voala!!!.

I have a quick question that i think i known the answer to but i just want to be sure. On step 12 from the very first post of this thread, if your unit is already hardware bypassed (so to say) can you skip this step? Is there any other reason to need to copy over the Data.zip file that was within the 3.0 install files?

If you have the hardware bypass you can skip this step.

I did.

Just updated my F700BT.

AWESOME!!!!! The Road Signs in map view are fantastic.

Anyone working on Speed Limit sign hacks yet?

how do u get the map signs? I have yet to see one come up in canada? Also how do u stop the red arrow from going off the screen?