AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

hey guys i get all the way up to step 9. i put in the two wince files and then erase the sd card of them. then i have the data zip and the testmode but am unable to find the "dump file" thats where i am. now my unit boots up goes the screen where it hAS device, recycle and start ce window. but then it goes blank. please help. i can still get to the blue screen but when i need to find the dump files i cant

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

Just for a small addtion - I saw on here that someone had to delete the contents of the "My Flash Disk" before adding the files due to a lot of modifications. I had to do that as well to get the update to work. Just in case that helps others having some trouble.

hey guys i get all the way up to step 9. i put in the two wince files and then erase the sd card of them. then i have the data zip and the testmode but am unable to find the "dump file" thats where i am. now my unit boots up goes the screen where it hAS device, recycle and start ce window. but then it goes blank. please help. i can still get to the blue screen but when i need to find the dump files i cant

Unzip the X910BT.zip file you downloaded. Inside, take the 'My Flash Disk' folder and copy it to the SD card. In Testmode, copy the contents of that folder into the AVIC's 'My Flash Disk' folder.

I am wonder if all hacks are done in the config folder. I am thinking about going into the config folder in 3.0 and puting some of the changes that was done in my 2.0 hack in order to keep them. I that is how its done, do I need to do anything else in any other folder? I really dont want to lose the mods that I have. I understand html so I dont think it should be hard to mode if I am correct in what I am asking. I am looking for a version of the terrant that works. When I open the one that is given, it shows a bunch of jiberish charectors. Is that what its sopose to be?

I am wonder if all hacks are done in the config folder. I am thinking about going into the config folder in 3.0 and puting some of the changes that was done in my 2.0 hack in order to keep them. I that is how its done, do I need to do anything else in any other folder? I really dont want to lose the mods that I have. I understand html so I dont think it should be hard to mode if I am correct in what I am asking. I am looking for a version of the terrant that works. When I open the one that is given, it shows a bunch of jiberish charectors. Is that what its sopose to be?

Save the torrent file locally and open it in your bit torrent client. For some reason the file handling doesn't seem to work properly to launch the torrent client with that link. Don't know why...

The hacks are different in 3.0. You'd have to find the location of each change and edit the config files accordingly. It's not in HTML. It can certainly be done, but it's more involved than you appear to realize.

Save the torrent file locally and open it in your bit torrent client. For some reason the file handling doesn't seem to work properly to launch the torrent client with that link. Don't know why...

The hacks are different in 3.0. You'd have to find the location of each change and edit the config files accordingly. It's not in HTML. It can certainly be done, but it's more involved than you appear to realize.

Where is the bit torrent client? Is it on the unit?

Where is the bit torrent client? Is it on the unit?

Ugh. Try this.

LOLOLOL bit torrent clinet is a program for your COMPUTER that will ALLOW you to download the files from that link on the first page. then those files you'll use in your unit. and no the name of the bit torrent client isnt 'bit torrent client'. Look for Azureus. download it, install it. then click on the link and when it asks you how to open it, browse for azureus and select it. azureus will help you download it.

LOLOLOL bit torrent clinet is a program for your COMPUTER that will ALLOW you to download the files from that link on the first page. then those files you'll use in your unit. and no the name of the bit torrent client isnt 'bit torrent client'. Look for Azureus. download it, install it. then click on the link and when it asks you how to open it, browse for azureus and select it. azureus will help you download it.

Thanks for the 411.

Thanks for the 411.

Can we not totally fuck up this thread with questions that would be better suited for Google, circa 2002?

thanks.

Thanks for the 411.

Can we not totally fuck up this thread with questions that would be better suited for Google, circa 2002?

thanks.

Hey Danno,

Is it that serious of a thing. All I did was ask a question and it was answered. I thought the purpose of this forum was to ask questions regardless of how simle the may be to others. I rearly post, ask question or anything on this forum. I normally just read and go from there. You may be well versed in this area, I if thats the case hats off to you. Its no need to cause someone not to want to visit the forum again because of comments like you are making.

Does anyone know if the official 3.0 SD cards being shipped from Pioneer will perform the WinCE update too? I have yet to see a fool-proof, average consumer-friendly method of doing this.

I can't imagine Pioneer will expect customers to jump through this many hoops with swapping SD cards, booting into testmode, etc for this update. I have read about SO many nightmares with using the official Pioneer updaters that I am hardly willing to try this method.

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking anyone for providing this solution as it's obviously awesome. Just wondering if anyone knows how the official updater will function?