AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

Can we not totally fuck up this thread with questions that would be better suited for Google, circa 2002?

thanks.

Hey Danno,

Is it that serious of a thing. All I did was ask a question and it was answered. I thought the purpose of this forum was to ask questions regardless of how simle the may be to others. I rearly post, ask question or anything on this forum. I normally just read and go from there. You may be well versed in this area, I if thats the case hats off to you. Its no need to cause someone not to want to visit the forum again because of comments like you are making.

I don't have a problem with you not wanting to visit a forum about Pioneer AVIC decks to ask how to use bittorrents because I made a wisecrack at your expense.

This thread is intended for information on how to update AVIC series decks to firmware 3.0, not to ask questions like "Where do babies come from?" and "Why is daddy always drunk?".

:lol:

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

Does anyone know if the official 3.0 SD cards being shipped from Pioneer will perform the WinCE update too? I have yet to see a fool-proof, average consumer-friendly method of doing this.

I can't imagine Pioneer will expect customers to jump through this many hoops with swapping SD cards, booting into testmode, etc for this update. I have read about SO many nightmares with using the official Pioneer updaters that I am hardly willing to try this method.

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking anyone for providing this solution as it's obviously awesome. Just wondering if anyone knows how the official updater will function?

The 3.0 update done in this thread is not difficult. Download two file packages, dump them on an SD card. The two WinCE files in the root, Testmode folder, and drop the 'My Flash Disk' folder onto the root of the card. Launch into the update mode, install the WinCE update. Reboot into testmode when it's done, drag and drop the contents of the My Flash Disk folder onto the AVIC. That's IT. I don't really see how Pioneer could simplify it much. You only need a single card and it doesn't take more than a half hour, the majority of which you can spend doing other things while it copies files.

Hmmm I recall only ever having to insert one SD card and power up the unit with official updates. That's how they can make it much simpler.

They could certainly do that with the 3.0 side of the update, but I'm not sure about the WinCE portion. In any case, it only takes one card to do it this way and you're in and out in a few minutes. Not a big deal if you read through the instructions a couple of times.

Oh yeah definitely one card. I'm just referring to having to pull the card out, erase the files, dump more files on, reinsert card, install the files new files, etc...

From other posts I have read here, the increased speed of menu navigation is attributed to the WinCE update. If this is definitely the case, and Pioneer chooses not to update it as part of the 3.0 update then can we kiss more responsive menus goodbye? I have never had to enter testmode on my unit and I don't think I should have to in order get a responsive UI. Just my $0.02...

F700BT here, Got it all installed in around 30 mins. Didnt even sweat it. Im a Newb At Indash Hacking/Modding As well so seriously guys. Go back to 2nd grade Learn to Read and do as it Says.

Everything Works PERFECTLY.

Also using 2 SD cards is a HUGE PLUS. Saves you from having to run back inside.

And Im very very happy to say It really is all its cracked up to be. Faster, Less Annoying, Smarter, More Responsive. The List Goes On And On.

Only problem Ive had thus far is.. Well i installed a Diffent DATA zip with a mod that was claimed to work on the 3.0 and well.. its not. I used a Nav mod that was publicized on This Thread. Unfourtunately One of the Most Attrective Features in the mod was not working.

Press the compass to stop Route.. Does Not work for me... Anyone Got any Suggestions?

I'd really like to clear this up once and for all.

You DO NOT need two SD cards. You also DO NOT need to load files on it twice. Before you ever leave the computer to go work on the AVIC, copy the files so the SD card root contains both WinCE image files, the Testmode folder, and the 'My Flash Disk' folder from the torrent. If you want to do the software hack, stick the Data.zip file in the root also. That's all there is to it. Go boot the unit into the WinCE upgrade mode and flash the files. Reboot into testmode, copy the files, eject the SD card, and reboot the unit.

Done...

Okay I dont know what I'm doing wrong...but I followed the instuctions exact. I re-did everything all over again 3 times and I'm still getting the same issue. AT the very last step I hold eject and reset for 5 secs, It reboots and shows the splash screen for like a min and then my screen goes BLACK and all the LED lights turns off the system but you can still hear it running. Can someone please help me???

You DO NOT need two SD cards. You also DO NOT need to load files on it twice. Before you ever leave the computer to go work on the AVIC, copy the files so the SD card root contains both WinCE image files, the Testmode folder, and the 'My Flash Disk' folder from the torrent. If you want to do the software hack, stick the Data.zip file in the root also. That's all there is to it. Go boot the unit into the WinCE upgrade mode and flash the files. Reboot into testmode, copy the files, eject the SD card, and reboot the unit.

Done...

at the end copy what files...Im trying it your way cause it seems the other way isnt working for me

Done...

at the end copy what files...Im trying it your way cause it seems the other way isnt working for me

The flash dump from the X series AVIC that you torrented in the beginning of the instructions. Unzip the file and browse the contents. Inside you'll find a folder called 'My Flash Disk'. Put that folder on the SD card, boot into testmode, and copy everything in it onto the AVIC's 'My Flash Disk' folder.

Done...

The flash dump from the X series AVIC that you torrented in the beginning of the instructions. Unzip the file and browse the contents. Inside you'll find a folder called 'My Flash Disk'. Put that folder on the SD card, boot into testmode, and copy everything in it onto the AVIC's 'My Flash Disk' folder.

I just did all of that...Im still having the same issue where it goes to a black screen after a min of it being on the splash screen... I do not know what the deal is =(

I just did all of that...Im still having the same issue where it goes to a black screen after a min of it being on the splash screen... I do not know what the deal is =(

Other than to tell you to review what you're doing very carefully and to search this thread to see if anybody else had a similar issue, I'm not sure what to suggest you're doing wrong.