AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

How do you get the skies to display?

Mine only does the diagonal view from above where there is no horizon line.

You have to add tilt settings to your sys file.

Ok if you guys want skies on your 3.0 unit here is how: Copy and replace the attached sys file in my flash disk/apl2/igo.

Then go into your data.zip file and replace the gfx file with the one also provided in the zip file attached.

Then you have to modify each scheme color.ini and color3d.ini. Copy and paste this code below, under [other] all the way at the bottom in the color.ini files.

background_picture_0="gfx/day/cs.bmp"

sun_picture_0 = "gfx/day/sp.bmp"

This code just shows where the files are for the background to be displayed so you can actually pick other bmp's to use. The one above is for a day background, so you would have to use "gfx/night/whatever bmp for night you want to use"

Have fun modding! :D

What sys file are you referring to? I dont see any sys file in sky.zip Also, the zip file you attached has tons of other files. Do you just need to two .bmp files you reference above?

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

Hey, U guys are doing awesome job - and have sollutions to everything. Thanks!!! I did update on my F90BT. It worked fine for a day. For some reason the calibration went bad. I tried to Recalibrate the screen but coundnt navigate at all. I did reinstall system n copied the files, and i came up to new proble. the unit will not start at all!! (except testmode start) Have any of you came across this situation? Is there a chance of corrupting any of the sysytem files? Thank you for your help

Boy o boy, did I make a mess of this install..

I really hope someone can help me.

I followed the instuctions laid out on page 1 (or I thought I did)

I have a f90bt.

when I put the new testmode disk in, all it does is reboot every 2-3 secs and will not go into test mode.. now what can i do..

It worked the first time and that is when i did something wrong, now i need to try and correct problem but i can get in with test mode, as i sat reboot,reboot,reboot.....

Now this is what happens when it starts normally now..

1. shows splash screen then

2. displays language page, i say okay

show me jason english, i say okay.

then i get the menu, I can use radio and ipod and dvd okay.

but cannot get the gps to openup..

Then it reboots evry 3-4 min and i have to start the process all over again.

Can anyone help me.

I did not make a backup of originl data file :?

Guess I may have to take it to dealer for repair unless someone can help me here :)

Since this last post, I have read and I think(correct me if i am wrong) I need the wince files for the f90bt version 2.0 and the old testmode files in order to be able to start to fix my problems... hope thois right, I have searched all over and cannot find these files, can anyone help !!PLease

no make sure u are holding the buttons correctly to get it into test mode and then putting in the correct combination to get into the menu inside testmode. it took me a few tries... be sure u are waiting for the "please push reset button again" to release the menu and maps button... again for those having trouble look at the better guide!

All these reboot problems are attributed to people not doing something right... be sure u hold the right buttons for the right amount of time.

Step 4.0: Turn unit on with the SD card in. When the pioneer logo comes up,

Step 4.1: press and hold the menu, map, eject buttons at the same time and hit the reset button ONCE.

Step 4.2: Once you hit the reset button, you will hear a pop sound from your speakers.

Step 4.3: Then the DVD/CD drive will load. When you hear this let go of the eject button but continue to hold menu and map buttons until you see the blue screen show up.

This is kind of tricky to get it right but keep trying... it shouldn't reboot after you get it into the first blue menu...

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25817

I apologize if this has been answered already... but my searches haven't given me explicit details on my questions...

Does this install guide result in having the latest maps, as well as the latest firmware? In other words... equivalent to the map and firmware upgrade that Pioneer is selling on their site? (CNSD-100FM, I believe)

Also... I understand paying for a map upgrade and including the firmware update... but does Pioneer have a free update that JUST includes the v3.0 firmware? Or, are we hooked into buying a map upgrade just to fix the problems that have been plaguing us since the F-series was released?

If the install guide will just install the firmware, then I can morally justify the "piracy" involved in doing it the free way, since I didn't have to pay for the previous firmware updates, either. However, if the map upgrades are also included as part of this install guide... I may feel better buying the whole 2-SD package for the low low price of $60 while the deal is being offered, and preserving my warranty coverage.

Thanks for the help,

Ryan

to get into test mode u need not to hold any buttons. It goes into testmode byit self from the sd card. To do the wince flash u need to hold the buttons.

Yes that is what I thought too..

Now my prblem is, I did something wrong in putting on version 3, now when I use the testmode v2.3 it will not boot into windows, all it does is rebooot to spalsh screen every few seconds(like it is trying and wont work.)

So how can I make any repairs to installation if i can't get into windows?

I can get in and do the wince update i am at 3.0 now.

So I thought if i could get a copy of the 2.0 wince files from someone here I could load them in then use the old testmode, i could load the backup file for the f90bt. Is this correct thinking?

Any help or suggestions at this point are welcomed..

to get into test mode u need not to hold any buttons. It goes into testmode byit self from the sd card. To do the wince flash u need to hold the buttons.

Yes that is what I thought too..

Now my prblem is, I did something wrong in putting on version 3, now when I use the testmode v2.3 it will not boot into windows, all it does is rebooot to spalsh screen every few seconds(like it is trying and wont work.)

So how can I make any repairs to installation if i can't get into windows?

I can"t get in and do the wince update i am at 3.0 now.

So I thought if i could get a copy of the 2.0 wince files from someone here I could load them in then use the old testmode, i could load the backup file for the f90bt. Is this correct thinking?

Any help or suggestions at this point are welcomed..

Can anyone help me locate a copy of the WinCe 2.0 files. I

Great !!! I was able to install the update, but i've to format my SD card so i can complete the WinCE update... Was not sure for the "DATA" folder, to copy his content or the folder itself, so i've copied the folder in the "My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo". I wasn't sure about it, because the procedure tells to replace it, but it don't exists in the directory. Rebooted the system and installed the 3.0.1 after that. Everything seems to work very well...

Thanks !!!!