AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

This is absolutely insane. I deleted the file and replaced all the files with the hacked version and now the system will stay in "startup mode" for about 3 minutes, then it will restart. Can anyone please tell me what I have done wrong? And if not, can someone tell me what to do to go back to 2.0?

What file did you erase? What you have to do is erase your ENTIRE 'My Flash Disk' and then without turning your unit off, copy over the 'My Flash Disk' from the hacked version. This HAS to work unless your version is corrupted

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

This is absolutely insane. I deleted the file and replaced all the files with the hacked version and now the system will stay in "startup mode" for about 3 minutes, then it will restart. Can anyone please tell me what I have done wrong? And if not, can someone tell me what to do to go back to 2.0?

What file did you erase? What you have to do is erase your ENTIRE 'My Flash Disk' and then without turning your unit off, copy over the 'My Flash Disk' from the hacked version. This HAS to work unless your version is corrupted

Ok, well I went out and tried to delete the entire file called "My Flash Disk" and it successfully deleted all of the files inside, but it told me it could not delete the actual file as it "... could not read from disk" So I opened My Flash Disk and saw that it was completely empty (though it was completely empty last time too) But now I am moving the new files over and we'll see if it works.

Nope... finished copying the files this way and have the exact same problem. Can anyone tell me how to revert to 2.0 so I can atleast use my unit again. I'm not afraid that it's bricked because it starts and I can still access testmode, but I am just so frustrated with the unit I would be happy at this point just to get it back to where it was before.

Nope... finished copying the files this way and have the exact same problem. Can anyone tell me how to revert to 2.0 so I can atleast use my unit again. I'm not afraid that it's bricked because it starts and I can still access testmode, but I am just so frustrated with the unit I would be happy at this point just to get it back to where it was before.

you can always go on Pioneers web site and download the 2.06 firmware and install that

you can always go on Pioneers web site and download the 2.06 firmware and install that

I finally got it done. I really cannot believe how tedious this thing is. I did EVERYTHING with my pc this time and started from the beginning and this time it went through. The only difference between this time and the last time is that last time I transferred the files from my pc to my network hard drive, then from the network hdd to my mac, and put the files on the SD card from my mac even though I decompressed everything on the pc. The reason for this is that the PC is super old and only has USB 1.0 ports so transferring 1.8GB through a USB 1.0 port took over an hour. Didn't think it would matter as everything was decompressed on the pc but apparently it does. I waited the full hour and 7 minutes for the transfer on the pc and started over and it appears to have worked. Only mod on it so far is the software bypass and it works. I'm getting ready to try the GPS mods with the cancel route and what not and I'm also going to change the sounds and a few images. Hopefully it will be smooth at this point.

I dont want to piss in anyones cornflakes, but I just want to remind you guys about WHY this post even exists. THIS IS NOT TO GET A FREEBIE!! A lot of people that have modifications have had problems installing the official Pioneer update because it DOES NOT format the original disk, instead the files that are already in place are just overwritten. If you have previous mods, then they could conflict with the official update. To fix this, this thread has been designed as this ERASES THE ENTIRE FLASH before the update.

You can just download and install this without the official update and have a free update, but here are the downsides of doing this: 1)With an official update you are given a DEVICE ID that is specific to your receiver. if you have any warranty work done and fail to have this DEVICE ID, it will void your warranty 2) Any new updates in the future will require you to provide this DEVICE ID.

FOR $60 US (Cost of the update), buy the official update before downloading this one, it is not that expensive!

abb1: Good point. I purchased the official 3.0 and have my device ID. Worked great for several months. However, I got the dreaded Black Screen of Death on my F700 today. Other than contacting Pioneer I guess my only option is to do a clean install of 3.0 and see if that works. Still looking for working links or torrent. Thanks