AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

You do not actually have to do the update windowsCE with format.

I already had the new windows from the hacked 3.0 without maps from a few days ago and just deleted everything on the flash disk without formating and copyed all the new stuff from the torrent back on the drive and poof i have full 3.0

Just a question for those who have done the upgrade, are the pros worth losing the ability to do mods anymore?

Depends how much you use the mods, unit runs faster and MUCH less annoying...

One dummy question, whatever mods I have on when I do the update will remain intact?

Can someone PLEASE confirm that with 3.0 installed, that you can still replace the beep sounds with silent mp3s, and also that the software bypass fix works by editing the .ini file? This would be awesome if this still works!?

Umm I believe I confirmed this by making the guide :lol: I also included a pre edited .ini for the software bypass and included that in the guide. You do know that silent mp3s don't speed anything up?

Can someone PLEASE confirm that with 3.0 installed, that you can still replace the beep sounds with silent mp3s, and also that the software bypass fix works by editing the .ini file? This would be awesome if this still works!?

Umm I believe I confirmed this by making the guide :lol: I also included a pre edited .ini for the software bypass and included that in the guide. You do know that silent mp3s don't speed anything up?

I didn't notice the software bypass bit, sorry! And the silent mp3s I want have nothing to do with speeding anything up. I just hate the sound they make every time I use my steering controls! May I ask what speed you entered for the software bypass? :)

Thanks for the help. :)

1- are the maps new... im guessing no

2- do i need to remove any mods first, or can i just install over them. (is there special instructions for people with mods?)

3- are the xm logos updated

1 - Yes there are new maps. The internal date says 2008.10, but I've been told that the maps are actually 2009 maps.

2. I wanted to play it safe and removed all the previous files in the flash drive first (even some of the user data folder), but I think it will simply overrwite everything. I didn't want extra files sitting there taking up space if files were replaced by different named ones.

3. Don't know - but may be able to search the images file to see - I don't use XM.

The sounds are all changed in 3.0 and are much less annoying.

I tried installing 3.01 and it started the same crap that happened with just the partial 3.01. The system starting up message never disappears and after a minute or two it reboots. So I reverted back to 3.0 and edited the data.zip to bring back speedcam warnings.

When starting iGo in testmode I got a error -147 after loading languages then I swapped out the data.zip and got a "your maps are outdated contact your nearest pioneer dealer" message. So then I swapped the whole folder again and that fixed it. Maybe I have a corrupted 3.01 download from pioneer?

Also, when I first updated to 3.0 there were no street labels in 3D view but they were present in either of the 2D views. I fixed that by taking the schemes from the 3.01 update and replacing the 3.0 ones.

This update makes things WAY faster and I mean WAY its too bad that they didnt just hold the units back a year and release it like this. I think that they will get a lot less complaints.

Benefits

1. Its way faster

2. You can turn the beeps to a minimum (kind of like CHMS mod)

3. Maps are more accurate plus you can have 2D rotating (not just 2D north) this i feel is the second biggest fix compared to 2.0 the biggest be the speed

4. If you are an SD card user (I just use it for movies and videos) it starts up faster, plays faster and changes folders and files MUCH faster)

5. It is still modable. I have Put Gugas theme back on which I had grown to love over the boring stock ones and the software patch and you can still mod the POI to add speed cams, and the such.

Note this is tricky to do if you have never played with your system before.. I have totally whiped and reloaded my system and felt pretty comfortable with all aspects of doing this, if you dont just wait for the Pioneer official update to come out, I personally think the Map and Firmware update is worth 60$ coming from a D3 where you had to pay for minimal updates and map upgrades at a higher price then this. It really isnt that bad.