AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

There are 861 prior posts in this thread, many of which are now outdated. I have an AVIC-F900BT that did the usual boot screen to black brick and was determined to fix it. A HUGE thanks to everyone on this forum for the collection of info to get my unit up and running with an even better interface (2.0 to 3.0 upgrade in the process).

I wanted to update the instruction process due to post 1 being a little inaccurate with the new links and software but give most credit to Retell as OP and MyITGuy for providing the new software links and info for slight modifications for the instructions.

These instructions should solve most problems and get you up and running with 3.0. Some people have started adding info for a 3.01 update (Post 717) and 3.02 update but I have not yet gotten that far. Here we go!

Step 1: Download 2 rar files, 3.0 Update, part 1 and part 2*

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K0WJSCUR

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XDPTH67G

(*Thanks MyITGuy for the links, post #600)

Step 2: Unrar these files

Mac OS X - UnRarX - http://www.unrarx.com/ (This is what I used)

Windows - WinRar - http://www.win-rar.com/downloadnow.html

a. You will select 3.0 Update, part 1 to open

b. Unrar it to the desired location

c. You are done! While unrarring (if that's a word) part 1, it will also unrar all files in part 2 without needing to do anything additional.

d. You should now have a destination file with 4 items

1. My Flash Disk - Folder

2. Testmode - Folder

3. WINCEIMG.Bin - File

4. WINCEIMG.CKS - File

(Note: I came across a few posts where people said they had issues with the included Testmode and downloaded a fresh file to replace the included one. To save myself time, I went ahead and did this upfront without actually ever testing the one included. If you choose to do this as well, you can get another functional Testmodev2.3 here - http://www.filestube.com/7cdcc15b9238c0f503ea/go.html. Again, I never tested the included one and may be perfectly fine. If you download a new copy, just replace the old Testmode folder in your destination directory with the new one once you unrar it.)

Step 3: Make sure you have an SD card that is 2GB or larger, and format it using MS-DOS (Fat) formatting. Transfer the 4 items from your destination folder to the SD Card. (My Flash Disk, Testmode, WINCEIMG.BIN, WINCEIMG.CKS)

Step 4: Turn the unit on. When the Pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset button at the same time. When your screen goes completely blank, let go of the reset button but continue to hold menu, map, and eject buttons.* This will bring you to a blue screen wanting you to press the reset button again. Ignore this message and enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push at the botton: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

(*Thanks Chuck88, post 813)

Step 5: Insert your loaded SD

Step 6: Select Update CE

Step 7: Select Update SD Format

Step 8: Wait till it says restart in the bottom center.

Step 9: Press the reset button.

Step 10: Once testmode boots (You will have a WindowsCE screen):

a. Select "Start"

b. Select "Windows Explorer"

c. Double-click "My SD Card"

d. Double-click "My Flash Disk" folder

e. Click "Edit" and select "Select All"

f. Click "Edit" and select "Copy"

g. Press the up folder icon twice to get you back to the main Windows Explorer screen

h. Double-click "My Flash Disk"

i. Click "Edit" and select "Paste"

j. A window will open asking if you want to over-rite existing files, select "Yes to all"

This process will take about 30 minutes.

Step 11: Press and hold restart and eject for 5 seconds.

Step 12: Enjoy your new 3.0 :D

Again, this is a compilation of info and not my work. I'm not capable of doing what half of these people do, I'm just a guy that can read directions. I was getting tired of the people going from the start to the finish to ask about dead links without looking at the meat in the middle Yes, I'm talking to you! You're an idiot. Read!!! We can't spoon feed you, you still have to do some of it yourself once in a while. Please do not contact me with your problems, I probably can't help you. If it didn't work, either it really is broke or start again with step 1.

Does it work with European version?

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

I am really looking for a specific feature and hope someone can implement it in a future version. I would like the "Find Address" function placed on the home screen for quick access. I seldom need or use the turn by turn directions of my GPS I just need to see a quick overview of my destination point. If someone can tell me how to add the function I would appreciate it!

For clarification the function I am speaking of can be found in the route menu/ route planning / find menu (binocular icon)/ address.

Thanks!

Ok, Is there a site to download 3.0 from that doesnt CRASH every 15 minutes? I have tried 3 times, and both part one and 2 get around 30% downloaded and then just "die".

Grrr

Also, anyone have a hack such as adding an IR led and making the f700bt capable of wireless remote control??

Another question - does this unit NOT do Bluetooth streaming Audio??

• 2 weeks later...

i feel like im almost done with the update ive downloaded unzipped and extracted files onto sd card went through wince upgrade format and and testmode. copied the contents in "my flashdisk sd" to "my flashdisk file on avic" then on the reboot after taking out the sd card it still has a black screen. ive been reading this for days and have yet to figure out my problem. ive read somewhere that you are suppose to put a second sd card in and it automatically should start downloading the new firmware for you onto deck but cannot find these files anywhere. help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

There are 861 prior posts in this thread, many of which are now outdated. I have an AVIC-F900BT that did the usual boot screen to black brick and was determined to fix it. A HUGE thanks to everyone on this forum for the collection of info to get my unit up and running with an even better interface (2.0 to 3.0 upgrade in the process).

I wanted to update the instruction process due to post 1 being a little inaccurate with the new links and software but give most credit to Retell as OP and MyITGuy for providing the new software links and info for slight modifications for the instructions.

These instructions should solve most problems and get you up and running with 3.0. Some people have started adding info for a 3.01 update (Post 717) and 3.02 update but I have not yet gotten that far. Here we go!

Step 1: Download 2 rar files, 3.0 Update, part 1 and part 2*

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K0WJSCUR

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XDPTH67G

(*Thanks MyITGuy for the links, post #600)

Step 2: Unrar these files

Mac OS X - UnRarX - http://www.unrarx.com/ (This is what I used)

Windows - WinRar - http://www.win-rar.com/downloadnow.html

a. You will select 3.0 Update, part 1 to open

b. Unrar it to the desired location

c. You are done! While unrarring (if that's a word) part 1, it will also unrar all files in part 2 without needing to do anything additional.

d. You should now have a destination file with 4 items

1. My Flash Disk - Folder

2. Testmode - Folder

3. WINCEIMG.Bin - File

4. WINCEIMG.CKS - File

(Note: I came across a few posts where people said they had issues with the included Testmode and downloaded a fresh file to replace the included one. To save myself time, I went ahead and did this upfront without actually ever testing the one included. If you choose to do this as well, you can get another functional Testmodev2.3 here - http://www.filestube.com/7cdcc15b9238c0f503ea/go.html. Again, I never tested the included one and may be perfectly fine. If you download a new copy, just replace the old Testmode folder in your destination directory with the new one once you unrar it.)

Step 3: Make sure you have an SD card that is 2GB or larger, and format it using MS-DOS (Fat) formatting. Transfer the 4 items from your destination folder to the SD Card. (My Flash Disk, Testmode, WINCEIMG.BIN, WINCEIMG.CKS)

Step 4: Turn the unit on. When the Pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset button at the same time. When your screen goes completely blank, let go of the reset button but continue to hold menu, map, and eject buttons.* This will bring you to a blue screen wanting you to press the reset button again. Ignore this message and enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push at the botton: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

(*Thanks Chuck88, post 813)

Step 5: Insert your loaded SD

Step 6: Select Update CE

Step 7: Select Update SD Format

Step 8: Wait till it says restart in the bottom center.

Step 9: Press the reset button.

Step 10: Once testmode boots (You will have a WindowsCE screen):

a. Select "Start"

b. Select "Windows Explorer"

c. Double-click "My SD Card"

d. Double-click "My Flash Disk" folder

e. Click "Edit" and select "Select All"

f. Click "Edit" and select "Copy"

g. Press the up folder icon twice to get you back to the main Windows Explorer screen

h. Double-click "My Flash Disk"

i. Click "Edit" and select "Paste"

j. A window will open asking if you want to over-rite existing files, select "Yes to all"

This process will take about 30 minutes.

Step 11: Press and hold restart and eject for 5 seconds.

Step 12: Enjoy your new 3.0 :D

Again, this is a compilation of info and not my work. I'm not capable of doing what half of these people do, I'm just a guy that can read directions. I was getting tired of the people going from the start to the finish to ask about dead links without looking at the meat in the middle Yes, I'm talking to you! You're an idiot. Read!!! We can't spoon feed you, you still have to do some of it yourself once in a while. Please do not contact me with your problems, I probably can't help you. If it didn't work, either it really is broke or start again with step 1.

Thanks very much for this post. I was able to revive my f700 which kept going system startup for ever and nothing was working. The only place I had trouble was in step 10 I could not select all files as top line I could not select very small buttons File/Edit etc. I read some more and had to recalibrate my stylus ( Control Panel/Setting ) - by using a tooth pick I managed afterwards.

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this thread. I have a f90bt in my 05 mustang. I beleive it has the pioneer manufacturers cnd-200 revision. This 300 version will work correct? Also are the 3.0xx updates then just downloaded for free at pioneers website or are there torrent files for these too? Or are they in the latest linked downloads that TheBeej418 links too?

What does the 3.0xxx revisions do exactly as well?

Thanks for any info, didnt want to sift through 99 posts if i didnt have too =)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all this info!

I'm having an issue though --- I can get to the part where I choose Update via SD (Format) --- and when I insert the SD card and and click the knob, the unit read "Read Progress: 100%" and just gets stuck.

Doesn't move from here. I can't get into Test Mode.

Any ideas?

This might be a late response but I just joined the forum. I had the same issue and it was resolved by formatting the SD card. Delete everything on it and right click on the SD card icon. Select format and follow instructions.

This is not working for me, and I'm not doing anything wrong! I'm getting to the part where I start copying the files. It keeps on saying there is not enough room. I'm not skipping any steps. I've formatted and tried deleting the contents of the My Flash Disk before copying the new files over. I have a black screen BRICK right now, but would liked to fix it so I can sell it. I am not messing up or missing steps unless this is just a junk unit. I'll throw it away before I let Pioneer fix it! Any ideas?

This might be late but I just joined. I had the same problem and I realized that I was missing a step. I was copying the SD card files to the " My flash drive" on the device. What I needed to do is copy the content of my flash drive folder on the SD card to the My flash drive on the device. That fixed the black screen issue.