AVIC411.com

Fresh 3.0 Install on F90BT With Pictures

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You only need one 2GB card total. There is no need for more than one card to do this mod. Copy all the files to the card from the beginning.

It's true you can load all the files onto one 2GB card at once.

So I've read over 13 pages on this update and I've got the whole process down EXCEPT that my unit keeps resetting itself. The first time I did it I didn't copy correctly but I redid it and it not only went faster but it went to the main menu.

I got the process down but what am I missing to cause the system to rebot.

Do WINCEIMG.BIN & WINCEIMG.CKS need to be in the root of SD card or I have to create a folder "LPUE080\PLT" to put the files in the SD card?

I put those 2 files in the root of the SD card, but when I got to Step 7 and my F90BT just sits there for 5+ mins with "Reading Progress: 100%" (reading the SD card?) instead of asking to restart.

Any help is appreciated!

Need Help. When I get to step 11 and put the 3rd SD card in the only file that shows up is x910bt. zip . Did I do something wrong?

You need to use WinRar to extract x910bt.zip and keep all the files in the folder called "My Flash Disk" in the SD card before you copy and paste into My Flash Disk in WinCE, not just the x910bt.zip. Don't ask how I know, lol :mrgreen:

Can someone PM me some advice. I have done the 3.0 update and my system seems to have responded to the update, I have faster button response, I have the new "always face up" on the gps, my ipod is playing it's music. Here is the kicker! No Navi Setting and no System Settings!

What did I do wrong? Would updating to 3.01 from the x910 help this?

I hate to fill this thread with more noob questions so please PM me if you got any ideas. you can also find me on AIM. sidewalksquare

post-18591-12872758007088_thumb.jpg

I hate to fill this thread with more noob questions

...well I don't mind asking more:

I have looked in just about every thread I can find here for something that I thought would be very simple to find: does the 3.0 update that is outlined here have ANY differences than the one that costs us loyal users our $$? Are they identical?

I hate to fill this thread with more noob questions

...well I don't mind asking more:

I have looked in just about every thread I can find here for something that I thought would be very simple to find: does the 3.0 update that is outlined here have ANY differences than the one that costs us loyal users our $$? Are they identical?

From what I understand. the 3.0 that is bouncing around is the same one that you get for your $70 bucks from pioneer. The difference is that the $70 that pioneer is charging is suppouse to have fixed the issues that the units have. Yet they didn't! So unless you want to pay $70 for a under done map update I'd recommend trying the 3.0

Thanx for the quick response!

From what I understand. the 3.0 that is bouncing around is the same one that you get for your $70 bucks from pioneer.

Understood. But then you say this:

The difference is that the $70 that pioneer is charging is suppouse to have fixed the issues that the units have.

So again I'm back in the same boat... Does the "bouncing" one have the supposed fixes in it or not? I understand that everybody who installed the "bouncing" one report faster button response, but what about everything else?

Aren't there release notes somewhere that somebody can look at to see if the paid version contains the same fixes as the "bouncing" version? I find it hard to believe that - of those who paid for the update - none of them have compared to what others are seeing also.

I really didn't think that this would be that hard: you take the release notes, and then see if the two different versions operate exactly the same as each other in regards to what was supposed to be in the update... It's not like this unit is different for every different car's installation...

Thanx for the quick response!
From what I understand. the 3.0 that is bouncing around is the same one that you get for your $70 bucks from pioneer.

Understood. But then you say this:

The difference is that the $70 that pioneer is charging is suppouse to have fixed the issues that the units have.

So again I'm back in the same boat... Does the "bouncing" one have the supposed fixes in it or not? I understand that everybody who installed the "bouncing" one report faster button response, but what about everything else?

Aren't there release notes somewhere that somebody can look at to see if the paid version contains the same fixes as the "bouncing" version? I find it hard to believe that - of those who paid for the update - none of them have compared to what others are seeing also.

I really didn't think that this would be that hard: you take the release notes, and then see if the two different versions operate exactly the same as each other in regards to what was supposed to be in the update... It's not like this unit is different for every different car's installation...

Those who have paid for the update don't have the update yet. Many of us have successfully flashed the 3.0 firmware onto our AVIC's with no problems. I'm not sure what's going on with those who are having the black screen issues, other than to state the obvious that the file copy failed somewhere. If all the files are copied onto the unit into the correct location successfully, you have the exact same firmware as is being released on the new X series units. You can then use the 3.01 update on the Pioneer website to get those updates as well.

To put it bluntly, if it's not fixed in the 3.0 install we're performing now with the X series copy, it won't be fixed on the version being ordered either. Same software.