AVIC411.com

Fresh 3.0 Install on F90BT With Pictures

silly question but I downloaded the "AVIC_X-Series_Firmware_Update.zip" and there is no "My Flash Disk" folder inside... only "LPUE080"... should this be renamed to "My Flash Disk"? Or just copy the contents of "LPUE080" into the "My Flash Disk" on the AVIC? Thx! That's the only unclear thing I can see so far...

That's the 3.01 update. Read the instructions from page one for the 3.0 update. Once you're on 3.0, read the instructions for 3.01 and install accordingly.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I havent had much time to mess with this yet, but was thinking about doing it this weekend. One issue I have, my speedo is on the fritz and not working sometimes (reporting wrong speed). So I have been using's IDT's mod which displays my speed. While I know there are no 3.0 mods yet that have the current speed displayed, is the current speed still accessible in the default UI (gps settings?)? As long as I can jump to it to verify speed for a moment, thats all I need, but if that screen has changed/gone away, then I probably better not upgrade to 3.0 yet (with this method or even the legit version when it comes out).

just installed this on my f90bt. Instructions were very easy to follow, and everything worked perfectly. I played with it for like 30 minutes redoing all the setups and taking a test drive. I am pretty impressed by the update, this is what it should have worked like out of the box when we bought it. Touch screen response is a night and day difference compared to v2 fw. My biggest issue with v2 was that bluetooth sucked bigtime, it would usually crash my system when i received a phone call and hung up. I would have to turn the car off and on to reboot it. I did a test call out, and received a call while looking at the map screen, and it worked flawlessly with my samsung cell (standard phone). The call box is also smaller so it doesnt take up so much space on the screen, and it ended the call properly when I hit the end call button. FINALLY! Hopefully I dont have any more problems with that. I'll have to play with it more, but I am pretty content so far.

Quick question, I never installed any mods on v2 fw. Should I make a backup right now of the current image and settings before upgrading to v3.01 on the pioneer website, and attempting to install any mods?

thanks again so much for making the guide available, great work all!

OK just completed this but it took me a few tries...

I used one 2GB SD card and copied:

These folders

"My Flash Disk"

"testmode"

and these 2 files on the root of the SD card:

WINCEIMG.BIN

WINCEIMG.CKS

Inside the "My Flash Disk" is the files from the bottom level of the bittorrent file...

Be sure to copy the files INSIDE "My Flash Disk" to the root of "\My Flash Disk" instead of "\My Flash Disk\My Flash Disk" which won't work obviously! :) I did this on accident because on step 11.2, it says select all but I did that on the root level of the SD card and copied the entire thing! So after that was done I had to erase everything and start over again.

All is well now! Works great! Thx!

I'll mirror it tonight and post it here... if someone can tell me how to update to 3.1 :P:twisted::P

I'm not trying to be rude here, but what you're asking has already been answered. The instructions are AT the link for the 3.01 update. As I said earlier:

"That's the 3.01 update. Read the instructions from page one for the 3.0 update. Once you're on 3.0, read the instructions for 3.01 and install accordingly."

What question remains? Update 3.0 based on the instructions posted here. Go to the 3.01 update and follow the instructions there.

I'll mirror it tonight and post it here... if someone can tell me how to update to 3.1 :P:twisted::P

I'm not trying to be rude here, but what you're asking has already been answered. The instructions are AT the link for the 3.01 update. As I said earlier:

"That's the 3.01 update. Read the instructions from page one for the 3.0 update. Once you're on 3.0, read the instructions for 3.01 and install accordingly."

What question remains? Update 3.0 based on the instructions posted here. Go to the 3.01 update and follow the instructions there.

no worries i found the link on pioneers site.. thx

Due to a screwy F90BT I had to reload the original firmware today. Since I had to do that I figure I may as well to 2.006....big mistake. It works again but the VR Catalog button is gone and VR works worse than before (it actually used to work pretty good).

I'm thinking of going forward with 3.0 as described here. just curious, does the 'VR Catalog Mode' button reappear in 3.0? Does the VR work (with iPod) as good as it did in 2.000?

Thanks

Due to a screwy F90BT I had to reload the original firmware today. Since I had to do that I figure I may as well to 2.006....big mistake. It works again but the VR Catalog button is gone and VR works worse than before (it actually used to work pretty good).

I'm thinking of going forward with 3.0 as described here. just curious, does the 'VR Catalog Mode' button reappear in 3.0? Does the VR work (with iPod) as good as it did in 2.000?

Thanks

My iPod works very well with ver. 3.0; and the catalog option can be turned off and on as before. No problems there...

My iPod works very well with ver. 3.0; and the catalog option can be turned off and on as before. No problems there...

Having just installed 2.006, my iPod works but in the brief time I had to play with it I noticed that the VR button was missing. It didn't catalog my iPod so I assume it is off and I wonder how (or if) any newly added songs would make its way to VR without that button.

I also was unable to bring up the VR menu (by pressing in on the knob) although I only tried once :D