AVIC411.com

Fresh 3.0 Install on F90BT With Pictures

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's pretty easy. I requires patience, mostly. Just don't rush it. Don't try doing this right before needing to take a long road trip, having to go to work, etc. I have played around with my AVIC a lot, and I have yet to kill it to the point that it's needed to go back to Pioneer.

So I noticed that a few people had the problem I am having and there has been no solution posted so I would like to request it again.

When updating the WinCE files, my read progress reaches 100% and nothing happens after that.

I have tried the procedure over 20 times and waited different lenghts of time yet still no luck.

Does anybody know how to get past that damn step?

I can't get into testmode either because I can't update the WinCE files.

I have tried different wince files, different sd cards, different computers to copy files on the sd cards, basically everything but it just keeps getting stuck at that point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since the only option would be to send this unit away to pioneer which I really don't want to do.

Did you try the four finger salute? Have the SD card with the WINCE files on it. Then turn on the car, press and hold the Menu, Map, Eject & Reset button at the same time for about 15 seconds. Release Reset, wait a few seconds, then release the others. I believe that is a hard reboot. When I did that with mine, it came up okay.

Also, how big is the SD card you are using, and what brand is it?

Did you try the four finger salute? Have the SD card with the WINCE files on it. Then turn on the car, press and hold the Menu, Map, Eject & Reset button at the same time for about 15 seconds. Release Reset, wait a few seconds, then release the others. I believe that is a hard reboot. When I did that with mine, it came up okay.

Yup 4 finger salute, everything according to the instructions, it just stalls at the 100% read progress.

Tried 3 SD Cards, can't remember the 3rd one but the other 2 are a 2gb and a 4gb both Kingston brands.

Tried the same thing over 20 times, different computers, different ways of formatting cards, everything i could think of haha.

Yup 4 finger salute, everything according to the instructions, it just stalls at the 100% read progress.

Tried 3 SD Cards, can't remember the 3rd one but the other 2 are a 2gb and a 4gb both Kingston brands.

Tried the same thing over 20 times, different computers, different ways of formatting cards, everything i could think of haha.

What about downloading from a different source? What files are on the flash disk you are working with?

Tried different sources as well as different versions. I haven't even made it to the part of the flash disk so that's not of concern at the moment. I was originally just using version 2.0 files but someone in another thread suggested that I use the 3.0 files and upgrade at the same time.

So in summary I have used 2 sets of version 2.0 files (2 different sources) and 1 set of version 3.0 files all with no success.

I don't think it's the files as many people have downloaded them and used them from the same source. I even tried downloading multiple times as well as unzipping multiple times AND doing both of those on another computer with no luck so there is something royally screwed with the deck or I'm still not doing something right.

I'll try and post a video tomorrow of what im doing exactly and whats happening which might help clear the air as the what my problem is.

If anyone has any other suggestions or solutions it would be great to hear :D

Ok I've gone through all 13 pages of this thread looking for a link that works and no dice. I've installed BitTorrent and tried both the initial url as well as one on like page 11 or 12 and nothing.

Can someone repost or PM with a link on where I can dowloand 3.0?

Thanks so much!