• 3 months later...
  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 6 months later...

Help Loaded up everything and its saying System startup all the time, when i hit navigation or maps it says Initialization Error: LoadLanguauge undetected please help

Same here. Would love to get around this. Maybe someone could upload their image of the update they used? Or is there any way to determine why we're getting this message? I've got an f90bt and I've seen others confirm they've got theirs updated.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my hat goes off to the user who compiled all info into one stop shopping.

I used one (1) 8GB SD card with all files copied inside, including testmode. Just make sure you cut and paste in the exact location file or folder is being used. I have intermediate level computer and software related knowledge. :eek: JUST READ AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS AND YOU WILL BE FINE :-P .

Great thread! I am new to the avic modding scene even though i've owned my F90BT for some time and this guided me step by step to get my F90BT running again with much faster response, feel and look it runs great now. My GPS files were corrupted on 2.06 and while in motion I would get a constant reboot, although system worked fine while stationary. after reading some threads I was lead to believe that some or all of my gps.bin files where corrupt.

Do not do like i did and start grabbing what you think are the exact same files from other threads. It caused my system to reboot and a steady system start up in progress banner. Get all the files from the links provided here it will save you a headache and again this does work. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Same here. Would love to get around this. Maybe someone could upload their image of the update they used? Or is there any way to determine why we're getting this message? I've got an f90bt and I've seen others confirm they've got theirs updated.

Thanks!

I had the Same issue and I started over from the beginning. the one (1) thing I did do different was "NOT" use my MAPS, POI'S or DEM from my factory 2.06. I downloaded a few maps in my area to get me started as there are time issues on the download server that denies access after several downloads. try placing only the newer updated maps and such in their location and see if that helps worked for me.
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

clbourq what did u do to get this to work I am having same issue. I have tried for the past 3 days and still the same. I just put my 2.06 back on because i have the reboot for it, but it sucks compared to the 3.0. My voice rec quit working so I tried to reboot and I dont have the proper wince bin files. I loaded all the files from this original post and now having the same black screen problem. Any help please.

• 3 weeks later...

After tons of research, i found a fix, with the update on ebay for 24.99. This includes the new maps. All prepped for North America. There are 9 remaining if anyone wants to get on it.

I also posted on nasioc and got returned with a interesting link from pioneer's website that i think is the 3.0 update for the old and new maps. What concerns me is it is from the UK site and I'm not sure of the compatibility.

I haven't tried it, but if anyone wants to check it out and see if it works, here's the link. Hope it helps.

http://www.pioneer.e...00BT/index.html

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.enkrypted.com/4.01.zip

Here is a complete 4.01 upgrade package.... you really dont need anything else.... update WinCE and then install this the usual way. Includes latest maps & 3d buildings... for North America. Thx enjoy.

For all who wonder why this isn't quite 2GB... The way which this was fit onto one memory card (under 2GB) is that a the POIs bundled are only applicable to the East Coast.

-Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Florida, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, and Virginia. All of the maps are there, so as-is, it should work without a problem.

There is a newer set of maps floating around (at least, they appear newer based on the file names). Ironically, the file sizes are smaller. I think they've compressed the POIs a bit better. The maps are contained within a file circulating called "iGO US Canada Navteq 2011 Q4 (2012).rar".

To replace the maps in this file with the updated ones, simply find your "dem", "map", and "poi" folders in APL2/iGo/content - and replace the contents with the ones from "iGo US Canada Navteq 2011 Q4 (2012).rar"

When all is said and done, you should end up with every state, all POIs, and a 1.4GB total SD card footprint. This works so far, so good for me! I've successfully updated my F90BT to 4.001 using enkrypt3d's package - while using the maps from the file above. The unit boots up VERY quickly, and the interface is much improved. It's very fast.

I was going to dump the unit for a newer model, but I think I'm going to ride it out now.

Whatever you do... Do NOT extract and use these files if you were on a Macintosh computer as I was. When copying files, the Mac creates a bunch of ._ files, and this causes the following error at bootup:

fatal error: initialization error:Loadlanguage failed.

If you do the extraction and file manipulation on a Windows PC (or likely, anything but Mac OS X), you'll be fine. The unit apparently doesn't like all of those extra files.

For all who wonder why this isn't quite 2GB... The way which this was fit onto one memory card (under 2GB) is that a the POIs bundled are only applicable to the East Coast.

-Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Florida, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, and Virginia. All of the maps are there, so as-is, it should work without a problem.

There is a newer set of maps floating around (at least, they appear newer based on the file names). Ironically, the file sizes are smaller. I think they've compressed the POIs a bit better. The maps are contained within a file circulating called "iGO US Canada Navteq 2011 Q4 (2012).rar".

To replace the maps in this file with the updated ones, simply find your "dem", "map", and "poi" folders in APL2/iGo/content - and replace the contents with the ones from "iGo US Canada Navteq 2011 Q4 (2012).rar"

When all is said and done, you should end up with every state, all POIs, and a 1.4GB total SD card footprint. This works so far, so good for me! I've successfully updated my F90BT to 4.001 using enkrypt3d's package - while using the maps from the file above. The unit boots up VERY quickly, and the interface is much improved. It's very fast.

I was going to dump the unit for a newer model, but I think I'm going to ride it out now.

Whatever you do... Do NOT extract and use these files if you were on a Macintosh computer as I was. When copying files, the Mac creates a bunch of ._ files, and this causes the following error at bootup:

fatal error: initialization error:Loadlanguage failed.

If you do the extraction and file manipulation on a Windows PC (or likely, anything but Mac OS X), you'll be fine. The unit apparently doesn't like all of those extra files.

Been a long time. My 700 is still running great with x3. Started poking around here again and thinking of putting the above mentioned 4.01 on. For whatever reason, I have not been able to successfully dl the map file that SuperH mentions. My question:

Since encrypt3d's package includes the maps but not the pois that I need (living in the midwest), can I just use the pois I currently have with the new 4.01 maps? I don't use them a lot so my old ones would be fine if they will work but it would suck to have none. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...