AVIC411.com

Fresh 3.0 Install on F90BT With Pictures

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

same with mine, it has to do with the scale of the map. If you use the slider where it says 1000ft (lower left) and change it down to 500 foot you will see the streets. I think there is a thread somewhere that talks about changing the default scale of 1000 and changing it.

Having some issues here with my F700BT. Downloaded the two RAR files from megaupload links listed previously by RWill. I did everything as listed in instruction as well according to previous document: AVIC F3.00 update instructions.

Everything seemed to copy over fine, but after the 20-30 minutes of installation and resetting the system, it shows backsplash image for about 30 seconds and system shuts off. I tried to go back into and redo it, but before able to read off the memory card, system shuts off.

Any suggestions on what to do next at this point? I tried to see if updating to 3.02 would work after loading up the device, but the system shuts down before being able to auto-update. :oops::oops::oops::oops:

i just did a fresh install of this 3.0 firmware on my f90bt, i searched through this forum and am unsure how to get australian maps on and functioning.. can anybody help me out with a guide and which files are compatible with this firmware version as i dont want to stuff my unit up like i did numerous times before this...thanks guys

King:

You may have corrupted files. What PC are you using to extract the files? Some report issues when using a Mac.

If you do not have the proper sequence during the EJECT, RESET, MENU,MAP button sequence the unit will not stay in the update screen. Check files and try a reload.

hey there,

I can definately help you out if your struggling with your unit.. I've been going through the posts and very few information on this forum is correct.I used to be a pioneer technician and know the systems inside and out...I do updates to 3.0 for a 60 paypal donation, and up to 3.02 for 85 donation....I promise you I will help you, I'm just looking to make a little extra cash on the side, you have heard people talking about me on the forum...If your interested email me at xxsticksxx3@gmail.com or private message me back. Thanks, Tyler

How about making your own thread then instead of spamming others?

All of the posts I needed were correct. This article got two AVIC units updated in about 30 minutes to 3.0...why should anyone pay you $60 for whats posted here already for free?

And once there on 3.0, why is there a need to pay you another $85 to get to 3.02 which is a 5-10 minute process?

King:

You may have corrupted files. What PC are you using to extract the files? Some report issues when using a Mac.

If you do not have the proper sequence during the EJECT, RESET, MENU,MAP button sequence the unit will not stay in the update screen. Check files and try a reload.

No Mac in my home! Just PC for me. I followed instructions precisely, however, I may just have corrupted files perhaps? I would like to start over, but I find it difficult due to inability to access Windows CE mode again nor can just update via SD card when inserting with version update and starting up car. I may be S.O.L...Not too sure how I can unbrick when system keeps shutting down via both ways of updating.

Have you tried the entire CE update from the very beginning? Also look in ssome of the other threads , I seem to remember similar issues. Maybe something to do with copying the My flash files with over-writing vs. delting them all before copying the new ones over from the card.

King:

No Mac in my home! Just PC for me. I followed instructions precisely, however, I may just have corrupted files perhaps? I would like to start over, but I find it difficult due to inability to access Windows CE mode again nor can just update via SD card when inserting with version update and starting up car. I may be S.O.L...Not too sure how I can unbrick when system keeps shutting down via both ways of updating.

Place only the testmode folder from the extracted files onto an SD Card, that should get you into WinCE once you turn the unit on.

I posted the MD5 Hash in my original post on page 40-something, see if your hash matches

Last but not least, make sure you copy the contents of the "My Flash Disk" folder on the SD Card to the "My Flash Disk" drive.

King:

Place only the testmode folder from the extracted files onto an SD Card, that should get you into WinCE once you turn the unit on.

I posted the MD5 Hash in my original post on page 40-something, see if your hash matches

Last but not least, make sure you copy the contents of the "My Flash Disk" folder on the SD Card to the "My Flash Disk" drive.

Well!! I got it working..I found out what the problem was and how to access WinCE using your method of putting just the "Testmode" folder on the sd card. Afterwards, I put the SD card in and then let the unit go into WinCE automatically. I realized I copied the root directory of the SD card rather than the files within the folder of "My Flash Disk".

I went ahead and deleted the entire contents of the real my flash disk folder and then recopied the correct files. I'm proud to say that I finally am running 3.0 and just upgraded to 3.0201. Also, I went ahead and used Carver's "no warning for gps" mod..Everything is working smoothly!! Was it worth it? You better believe it!! Again, thanks for the help!

I went ahead and deleted the entire contents of the real my flash disk folder and then recopied the correct files. I'm proud to say that I finally am running 3.0 and just upgraded to 3.0201. Also, I went ahead and used Carver's "no warning for gps" mod..Everything is working smoothly!! Was it worth it? You better believe it!! Again, thanks for the help!

Glad to hear! I would like to take this opportunity to stress (again) that at the point the instructions say to copy files from your SD Card to your unit, only copy the contents of the "My Flash Disk" folder on the SD Card, to the "My Flash Disk" Drive on your Avic unit.