AVIC411.com

Fresh 3.0 Install on F90BT With Pictures

I went ahead and deleted the entire contents of the real my flash disk folder and then recopied the correct files. I'm proud to say that I finally am running 3.0 and just upgraded to 3.0201. Also, I went ahead and used Carver's "no warning for gps" mod..Everything is working smoothly!! Was it worth it? You better believe it!! Again, thanks for the help!

Glad to hear! I would like to take this opportunity to stress (again) that at the point the instructions say to copy files from your SD Card to your unit, only copy the contents of the "My Flash Disk" folder on the SD Card, to the "My Flash Disk" Drive on your Avic unit.

Yeah, I guess I should have followed different instructions. The post earlier on the previous page by RWill should be revised within the instructions of the word document. (Although I do think the picture signifies the correct files to be copied, however, I paid no attention to the pics and only the text.)

The current instructions in the word document say:

Step 10.0: Hit the reset button.

Step 10.1: Once WinCE boots up, double Click on My Device at the top left of the screen.

Step 11.1: Open Storage Card Folder/Icon. ( Icon will pop in on the left)

Step 11.2: Click edit at the top of the window & select all. With all the items selected. Go back to the top & click edit & copy. Close the folder. <---This step does not show to double-click on My Flash Disk and copy the entire contents of only that folder...which now that I look back it makes perfect sense to do only that as I did not really know what the other files were really for.

Other than that, it's a great guide! Either way, thanks everyone for the support! :mrgreen:

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok guys. I took the file in my previous post and made the corrections with warnings. Since they were essentially pirated from earlier posts, I followed the same assumptions about file copy procedures, and should have caught that for less Windows savvy users.

So I'm having a bunch of trouble trying to update a friend of mine's F700bt to firmware 3. It came with v2 and it was running fine. I did all this to my unit a while ago but forgot about it so I used this thread.

I updated windows with the 2 files and selected the 1st option to format and install. After it completed I went into windows with the testmode folder (2.3).

I had the dump files from the x910bt torrent saved on my computer so I copied them over. After all the files copied we went to restart the unit by holding the reset and eject button.

After this it wouldn't move past the "Pioneer Loading" screen. I can get into windows just fine with the testmode folder and it says we're running windows 5 on it, which is the same as my unit says. But now it won't work and it is stuck on the loading screen every time I try to start the unit up.

I went back and tried to install the version 2 firmware that I downloaded from Pioneer's site back when I did it and I was actually able to get to the main menu that says Nav/AV source and Phone. But nothing would open from there, like it was missing files.

I went back into Windows and deleted the "My Flash Disk" contents and went to "MY" car that has running v3 and copied "MY" "My Flash Disk" contents to it. Got these copied onto my buddies car and still nothing!

All it does is sit at the loading screen. Can anyone give me advice on how to get it working again? Either v2 or v3 would be fine for now if it worked! Much appreciated (but I don't have $50 :D ).

So I went back and got v2 back on there and I could get to the main menu again but no real functionality. I then went in and copied over the v3 "My Flash Disk" contents and rebooted it. It now works and is in v3. I guess it was when I chose to format that things went wrong.

i just did a fresh install of this 3.0 firmware on my f90bt, i searched through this forum and am unsure how to get australian maps on and functioning.. can anybody help me out with a guide and which files are compatible with this firmware version as i dont want to stuff my unit up like i did numerous times before this...thanks guys

any1 who can help??

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

19 pages...jesus christ my head hurts. The 1st post on this whole long ass thread needs to be edited w/ the current working links and a comprehensize step-by-step write up, something similiar I'm guessing to the .doc file that myself and a few others have downloaded...I just have yet to read it. After 19 pages of blah blah blah, I'm afraid of missing a single step and trying to sift through this madness in order to figure out what step I may have missed.

ok people, f90bt, tried to update to 3.0 like 30 times. the x910 download does not work for me. none of the torrent programs work. says the link is invalid. when i try save target as, it does not allow me. i got the x910 file from from the link ftp://www.turboss.com when i do everything from the tutorial, everything works fine. the problem is i see what other are having is that the system startup in progress screen stays on and the whole system restarts after like 3 to 4 minutes. i put original firmware on there and that works fine. so i am guessing there are some corrupt files in the x910 folder. has anyone figured it out how to re-post the original x910 file because i am pretty sure that is the problem. is there a fix for this. can someone help. thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Here is everything you need in order to complete the upgrade as outlined in the original post, but with only 1 SD Card. I just recently picked up a F700BT that I updated this afternoon and love it...now I'm off to find some good mods =D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K0WJSCUR

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XDPTH67G

These files include the X Series WINCE Upgrade, Testmode 2.3 and the Backup Files/Maps.

Hope this helps others who may be having problems finding torrents and etc...

[edit]In Step 11.1, please copy the contents of the "My Flash Disk" folder on the SD Card to the My Flash Disk Drive on the AVIC Unit.

I've had 2 people contact me regarding issues, they read that item literally and copied the entire contents of the SD Card to their AVIC which doesn't work[/edit]

Successful update thanks to the links above!

One problem, as a few others have stated, no street names in 3D view in the navi... any solutions?

Successful update thanks to the links above!

One problem, as a few others have stated, no street names in 3D view in the navi... any solutions?

Zoom in within 500 feet, change smartzoom settings to not zoom out more than 500 feet.

This will show street names as you come up on them at 500ft, at 300ft it will show street names for all streets on the screen.

Hi i have a problem i do every step fine but when i reset at the final step it comes with the pioneer logo but it doesnt go to the menú i tried many times but it freezes there... Please i dont know what else to do

im with an avic x910bt that came with the new soft but i decided to chantge cause it came with the system startup message

ty