AVIC411.com

Fresh 3.0 Install on F90BT With Pictures

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just re-downloaded the rar. files again, and have tried for the 5th time to install 3.0. Everytime I finish the last step and hit the reset button it goes through the boot-up only to quickly show an error message. When I check the version it reads 3.0xxx. Then it resets itself every 4-5 minutes. I have been through this thread and any other thread I could find, I have downloaded countless versions all with the same result.

Did I err in changing the .ini file speed from "16" to "256" should I have waited and changed it on the 910bt?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am eager to upgrade via Pioneer to the 3.02 and then add some of the cool themes and mods offered on this great forum.

Thanks.

KGW005

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for all this info, ive had this mod done for a couple of months now but am now experiencing problems. i used the other files (found at the link below) and all of a sudden (last week) my sirius stopped working (subscription is still current), im unable to change channels when using the knob or screen buttons. it also wiped my soft bypass to watch video, but i understand this. must i reinstall everything from scratch, and add the software bypass to new files (before install obviously)?

EDIT- I used this tutorial and its files viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25751&start=780.

Hi Guys

I have an F900BT European version, I have managed to do the update and all went well but when it came to booting up i got the system startup in progress please wait message and it doesnt go away, it then restarts after 4-5 mins. I then realised on the myflashdisk the US maps were on it so i thought this was my problem, however after deleting these and putting the EU maps on then running the update again i still get the same message. Has anyone got the full 3.0 myflashdisk EU version???? Any suggestions please? :cry:

Bego

Update... iv just copied over my backup but im still getting the system startup in progress please wait message. Please can someone help. :?:

Maybe you can re-try with this"

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=32351

He has it all packaged with the newest firmware....just use the EU map instead. Good luck.

Thank you so much, will try as soon as i get home from work :)

Well i tried the link and the initial links to download the files were no longer available so after reading the 19 pages of this topic i found no other links relevent, i found a link that did work for IGO8 so i downloaded this file and used the 3.0 update file from page 15 of this topic from MYITGUY, i replaced the igo folder in APL2 with the IGO8 folder and transferred onto my unit. I still get the system startup in progress. please wait. also now when i view the version under maps version it says no maps. I think this is to do with the IGO8. So i then went to another topic http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=150 but all the links seem to be either broken or just dont work. Can someone please provide me with the EU myflashdisk i have looked all over this site and cannot find 1. I am totally lost now as to what version is what etc. I just want my headunit back i dont care about the upgrade anymore. :cry: Please someone help me.

I downloaded the package not long ago and it still works for me. Are you familiar with torrent? Here's the package I was referring to.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5546342

Hi Baedarlboo, thanks for your reply again. I have tried the link again and it does actually work :oops: so im not sure why it didnt work the first time. I have downloaded the file however i am unsure of what maps to use? could you supply me with the IGO folder you have to place in with the APL2 folder as i think this is what has been causing me the problems all along. When the system boots up obviously i get the system startup in progress message but i can still acess the radio and phone settings etc just not anything on the satnav side. I very much appreciate your help. Thank you so much.

This question goes out to everyone who has upgraded to the 3.02 X910bt firmware.....

Every time I start my car, it seem the ipod has to do the VR update, and it take a couple of mins. Is this normal? I know I didn't go through the VR updates in previous firmwares ever time I start the car. Is it a setting?

Can someone please provide me with the latest EU iGo folder which works with the F900BT i have an iGo8 folder but i have no idea what im supposed to copy over and what not to. Ive just wasted 30 minutes of my time because the myflash disk is too big to transfer onto my headunit which means i have copied over stuff i shouldnt have but dont know what? :?::?::?: