AVIC411.com

Fresh 3.0 Install on F90BT With Pictures

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those who have paid for the update don't have the update yet. Many of us have successfully flashed the 3.0 firmware onto our AVIC's with no problems. I'm not sure what's going on with those who are having the black screen issues, other than to state the obvious that the file copy failed somewhere. If all the files are copied onto the unit into the correct location successfully, you have the exact same firmware as is being released on the new X series units. You can then use the 3.01 update on the Pioneer website to get those updates as well.

To put it bluntly, if it's not fixed in the 3.0 install we're performing now with the X series copy, it won't be fixed on the version being ordered either. Same software.

Anyway you can take a screen image of the folders that you had on your SD cards? I have to be missing something simple. I remember having 3.5 folder from the torrent, I had the test mode folder, the unzipped data folder, and the winCE files.

Someone please help. I have tried this update 4 times and I keep getting the same result.

My system loads, every function seems to work but I don't have an active "navi settings" and "system settings".

I've downloaded the 3.0 fresh off the torrent three times, I've used more than 1 SD card, I've followed the steps in multiple forums... what am I missing?

post-18591-12872758013176_thumb.jpg

Someone please help. I have tried this update 4 times and I keep getting the same result.

My system loads, every function seems to work but I don't have an active "navi settings" and "system settings".

I've downloaded the 3.0 fresh off the torrent three times, I've used more than 1 SD card, I've followed the steps in multiple forums... what am I missing?

please don't post same stuff on different threads,

please don't post same stuff on different threads,

my bad, just trying to get as much exposure as possible because no one was answering.

My hand brake isn't wired. I am downloading a different 3.0 file. I'm using the turboss one this time around. I'll see what happens tomorrow morning.

By pass was done to a switch in the glove box. It is a hard wire by pass but not to the hand brake.

Anyway you can take a screen image of the folders that you had on your SD cards? I have to be missing something simple. I remember having 3.5 folder from the torrent, I had the test mode folder, the unzipped data folder, and the winCE files.

On the root of the SD card you will have two WinCE image files, the Testmode folder, and 'My Flash Disk' from the X910BT that you downloaded in the torrent.

Ok so I took someone advice and checked out the by pass for DVD and that was the problem. When the switch is selected it won't give me access to those settings. When I flip it they high light and are functional. This is awesome. I had a working copy of 3.0 for a while now... -1 for my fail!

+1 for this thread. I'm sorry I wasn't doing it right. It was easy to follow but I didn't have the confidence to trouble shoot it. I had it done right a while ago. Fellow noobs follow the directions and you should be fine.

Hi all, i must say i love the work you are all doing to modify this unit.

I would really like having the 3.0 update on my unit.

I have a US 700BT with 2.0, hacked ezrider, different other hacks and European maps, can i use european maps after this upgrade without the hacked ezrider or is there any steps i can skip to keep my european maps?

Is there someone here who have tested this and can help me?

We know because it's a direct copy of the new firmware Pioneer is putting on the X series radios, and because 3.01 (downloaded directly from Pioneer's site) loads cleanly right on top of it.

I get it now. Thanx for the clarification.

But what we *don't* know, then, is if all of X series units were already factory loaded with crappy firmware also - and if the fixes will just be released soon after they are rolled out... It's possible! Pioneer obviously screwed the pooch on a bunch of other things!

silly question but I downloaded the "AVIC_X-Series_Firmware_Update.zip" and there is no "My Flash Disk" folder inside... only "LPUE080"... should this be renamed to "My Flash Disk"? Or just copy the contents of "LPUE080" into the "My Flash Disk" on the AVIC? Thx! That's the only unclear thing I can see so far...