AVIC411.com

F500BT 2.006 and x910bt "My Flash" upgrade--updated p.4

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks a lot yeek, it was unclear whether it fully worked or not. Will do this mod as soon as I get home. :D

The only problem I have is this:

1. Started Device and launch MAP or Navigation without SD Card pre-inserted

2. Insert an SD Card with some media file on it. The media player will automatically start to play as expected.

3. BUG show up, you will not be able to switch to MAP or Navigation.

I am not sure if this is cause by possible bugs in the hacked ezrider.exe or it's because of the incomplete "upgrade" on the F500BT.

For me, this is a minor issue, as I usually don't hot-swap SD cards.

Thanks yeek, will take that into account.

However, I am having a hard time downloading the 1st torrent file in your reponse above. I have utorrent installed but the file is not downloading. Looks like the p2p is down and I just heard today the pirate bay will be closing. Anybody have any idea what is going on? Maybe someone can email me the file. I will keep trying. Thanks.

2. Insert an SD Card with some media file on it. The media player will automatically start to play as expected.

I am not sure if this is cause by possible bugs in the hacked ezrider.exe or it's because of the incomplete "upgrade" on the F500BT.

Does this issue occur, when a media containing SD Card is in the F500BT during bootup, or just when changing SD-Card while in device is in use? Same with USB media?

Does this issue occur, when a media containing SD Card is in the F500BT during bootup, or just when changing SD-Card while in device is in use? Same with USB media?

It does not occur if you had the media containing SD Card in the device before bootup.

For most F500BT users who don't want to pay the $$ to get the CNSD-150FM, but want to use EZRIDER.exe 3.0 and the most up-to-date map. Here is the instruction:

ALWAYS make a backup before you proceed with MOD!!!

1) Upgrade to the latest version 2.00600 for US users or 2.00700 for Europe users. (If don't know how to do this, please go to pioneer site to download the firmware upgrade and read the instruction.)

2) download the 3.0 dump posted on the thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25751, that downloads comes with TA 2008Q4 maps.

3) DELETE the APL2 folder from the "My Flash Drive" and replace it with the one from above download. (make sure you update the sys.txt to set the device type to "PIONEER749UC" for US users.

4) Replace the ezrider.exe 3.0 with the hacked version under /APL2/IGO folder

5) Copy the generic word license to the license folder.

DONE!

From now on, you will be able to add any IGO8.3.2 new maps or take advantage of any 3.0 MODs.

Enjoy!.

What about the WinCE Image? Does that not need to be updated to the v6.2.1.9 which is in the 3.010100 download?

Is there any alternative to the torrent file? Is there a rapidshare or netload etc. mirror?

Agreed, can anybody provide the file via rapidshare, megaupload, etc because the torrent file is not working and I want to get my unit updated today. Thanks.

Well, I got the files now. I'll try to upload the the apl2 folder without the maps and stuff tomorrow.

I guess you all have the maps you need already.

Is there any alternative to the torrent file? Is there a rapidshare or netload etc. mirror?

Agreed, can anybody provide the file via rapidshare, megaupload, etc because the torrent file is not working and I want to get my unit updated today. Thanks.

Well, I got the files now. I'll try to upload the the apl2 folder without the maps and stuff tomorrow.

I guess you all have the maps you need already.

cacab, how did you get the first file, I cant seem to get it to work. Thanks.

File was reposted on one of the 31 pages of the original thread!

Well, here are my links (IDTs original files):

Netload APL2 Folder Part1

Netload APL2 Folder Part2

or

Rapidshare APL2 Folder Part 1

Rapidshare APL2 Folder Part 2

Remember to backup all your original files.

File contains the APL2 folder including the hacked ezrider and worldlicense.Sys.txt is already set for the US version of the F500BT. All you have to do is adding maps, Building- and DEM-files. If you want the navigation to be in a language other than english, french and spanish, delete all files in voice and lang directory, and insert your desired lang and voice files. These files can be found in any Igo8 builds for pda or pna or the european F500BT for example.

My F500BT is running navigation in German language with Germany maps, rest is in English.

One last word: When you read across the forums, they always say to delete your apl2 folder. Well, I would suggest, you rename the original APL2 folder first, then copy my prepared APL2 folder with a small map to the unit. If everything works then you can really delete it. The reason I did this is, I had problems with several APL2 folders, causing my unit to constantly reboot. So to be able to use it again, I did not want to copy files all the time. It's way faster to rename :D

So, I make a backup.

I then download the two part RAR from above, which already contains the modified ezrider and license (is this true?). Put that on my SD card.

I then copy in the maps from the APL2 that was in the original X910BT dump.

Move this all over to my avic.

Missing anything?