AVIC411.com

F500BT 2.006 and x910bt "My Flash" upgrade--updated p.4

@parruso

The software offered here is for the us unit. There are no european languages on it. You will have to add voice and lang files yourself.

@shanawaz

Sorry, but I can't check it, because I use european voice files. So I have no tts anyway.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I followed these steps, I lost TTS. I was able to get it back.

Instead of deleting APL2 folder in step 3, I kept it.

I deleted VBT folder from the APL2 folder on the original X910 files.

I deleted ScanSoft folder from the APL2/iGo on the original X910 files.

I copied an APL2 folder onto the APL2 folder on the F500BT, replacing all the files with the same name.

ALWAYS make a backup before you proceed with MOD!!!

1) Upgrade to the latest version 2.00600 for US users or 2.00700 for Europe users. (If don't know how to do this, please go to pioneer site to download the firmware upgrade and read the instruction.)

2) download the 3.0 dump posted on the thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25751, that downloads comes with TA 2008Q4 maps.

3) DELETE the APL2 folder from the "My Flash Drive" and replace it with the one from above download. (make sure you update the sys.txt to set the device type to "PIONEER749UC" for US users.

4) Replace the ezrider.exe 3.0 with the hacked version under /APL2/IGO folder

5) Copy the generic word license to the license folder.

Thanks Cacab.

I installed the voices in Spanish. Not that I speak in Spanish, is that there is no sound in navigation. No sound or clicks when you're in navitation, or writing the destination... I installed the European version of another post. It was if someone had happened to him the same.

No sounds usually is because of incorrect device type in sys.txt.

No TTS is mostly likely because of missing the original license file. (The one came with your device)

Yeek is right. I have no sound issues so far. The only prolem I have, is laggy video output. But that has nothing to do with "our" update I guess.

Please domt PM me asking how I got 3.0 to work. I paid the 60$ for it. :idea:

Will you be willing to share the 3.0 update if we contribute some $$ to share your expense?

Do as yeek says :-) enjoy

Couldn't you please upload SD-Card dumps anyway? Maybe we can use parts of it. All I would ask for is everything but the maps, pois, buldings etc. Of course you can keep your Media ID.

BTW:

How are chances, that pioneer will offer the 3.0 update for free, next year?

From what I have gathered from reading thru the posts here and in other threads, you are better off using the 'patched' ezrider 3.0, and the 'unofficial' 3.0 update rather than using the actual 3.0 update from Pioneer. The Pioneer 3.0 update apparently has some bugs and unwanted behavior, possibly due to the windows CE update. The unofficial 3.0 update described on page 4 of this thread still uses the original windows CE image.

I've been running it for about a week now on two different f500's and no problems whatsoever.

If you downloaded my archieve, and you use a european model, in sys.txt it has to be 749EW instead of 749UC

Hi, my problem precisely, if I just change the designation where you indicate here in the sys.txt file to the EU designation, will that sort it? Lower down there is also :

[local]

voice_key="Eng_us_m1"

default_language="english US"

Should I change this to 'UK'?

I have a US F500BT and got FW3 working with iGo Euro Maps 8.3.

I have added Euro voices into the iGo folder, but do not have them available to choose from...

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Tim

All the sys files are included but you have to rename the appropiate one to work ith your unit. ours is the 749UC. so rename that file to sys. all the others are not used by the unit. I didn't loose my TTS, so not sure on that problem. make sure you replaced the entire apl2 folder.