F500BT 2.006 and x910bt "My Flash" upgrade--updated p.4

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your unit should be on 2.0006 and you should have testmode files on the SD card of course, else you can't move anything nowhere and can't make backups.

But yes, that's actually how it's done. Worldlicense and hacked ezrider.exe are included.

Steps are:

1. Take an SD-card (FAT or FAT32, 2GB will do the job, if Avic is already backed up, else 4GB at least!)

2. Copy testmode files and my archieve to it.

3. From any source, which provides maps for Igo 8.3 - they don't have to be from Pioneer devices - copy the map folder, dem folder, poi folder and the buildings folder to the equivalent place to the SD-card(APL2\Igo\Content). I didn't upload them for traffic reasons.

4. Put SD-card in F500BT and power it on.

5. You shoud be in test mode. Backup your My Flash Drive/APL2 folder now, if you don't already have by now. This may take serveral minutes.

6. AFTER backup, delete the APL2 folder on My Flash Drive

7. Copy APL2 folder from the SD-card to My Flash Drive

8. Remove SD-card

9. Power cycle Avic

That's it. Avic should boot up as usual.

cacab or anyone... I m doing exactly this way... my unit is at 2.006000 is the US version... im putting in the maps, dem, pois that I already used from Brazil... my backup is done and OK... but... when I turn off than remove the SD card than turn on the device... the message "System startup in progress. Please wait." appears... and dont go way anymore!!! stay there for all the time... in about 10-15 minutes that the unit stayed on... the message dont go way!!

what can I be doing wrong?

and what to do to put in there my brazilian TTS and sonds, etc...

Thanks!!!

Look around for the latest licence files and hacked ezrider. I had a few problems with that on mine. i believe I ended up using the ezrider in the x910bt backup, posted here somewhere. If that doesn't work. Restore you unit back to your original backup. and start again. There are so many file to change and move and mod you might just be missing one. Real hard to tell what is missing.

Performed all the steps mentioned by System settings still says I am running version 2.006. Oh yeah, and Samantha TTS does not work. Jason English works fine.

That's ok with the version number. That's just an HTML file, which tells the system, what version it's running. You can edit it manually. Don't remember the exact file name right now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I updated the navigation s/w to 2009 with 2008.10 maps. It's working just fine.

However, the service information says the map ver. 02.000300 and firmware 2.00600. Do I need to upgrade the WinCE image as well?

---------

:Update

I copied DATA and APL folders from x910 dump and now it says firmware version 3.00300. Do I still need to update WinCE Image?? Is there any benefits?

---------

:Update2

I guess WinCE image update doesn't work. I tried several time to upgrade WinCE without any success. I had to roll it back to backup version and upgrade it again. Oh well, new navigation s/w and new map are more than sufficient for me.

---------

:Update3

I had to roll back the APL folder to v2.006. It does not work. It works first boot, the second boot hangs at splash screen.

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just tries this on my F500BT and it works great. Has anyone notice if there system is a little faster now. Mine seems to have faster button responce and the pages seem to load a little faster. I did not check thought if the speed mod has been added.

OK so does anyone know if this gps should play movies in motion when only connected using cigarette lighter adapter. That is how I use mine until it warms up to connect it properly. My video plays just fine at any speed. Thanks for all the info guys.

Hi ungaro,

I figured out that you need to also copy your original license file to the \APL2\iGO\LICENSE folder. (That is what I did, if I remove my original license file from the LICENSE folder, the system will stuck at "System Startup in Progress). I guess you need at least a valid license to load the basemap for the Navi system to run.

So the steps should be:

1. Extract APL2 from x910bt.zip to the SD Card

2. Correct the sys.txt on the SD Card (device type=PIONEER749UC), and add your original license file to \APL2\iGO\LICENSE

3. DELETE APL2 from the "My Flash Drive"

4. COPY the APL2 folder from SD Card to "My Flash Drive"

3. Reboot

It "works" for me, again, only Base Map is loaded. I hope you can do more discovery from this steps onward.

Yeek

So....I attempted the upgrade using the above method including changing the sys.txt and making sure that my original license file is included in the upgrade set of files (\APL2\iGo & APL2\VBT) and it updates fine.

HOWEVER, I lost the ability to see any US Maps or basemaps. No streets are shown and the US continent is completely black. Does anyone else have this issue? How do I resolve this? I'm going to attempt to copy from my f500bt backup APL2\iGo\Content\basemap file tonite and see if that will work...reverse engineer it slowly. Unit still says ver. 02.000300 and firmware 2.00600. When I click on destination > address > My current country is 'HUNGARY' and attempting to change to another country does not show any other available countries to select. Suggestions?

I was also able to connect back to my bluetooth iphone 3G, as it appeared the connection was lost as part of the upgrade. I didn't have to use the SW-330 BT firmware update again.

~ James

• 3 weeks later...

I had exactly the same problem. Found the reason and solution, as follow.

It's because you did not put in the Hacked version of the "ezrider", could be found here

http://rapidshare.de/files/48133221/ezrider.rar.html

and don't forget to add in the Generic License Code which could be found here:

http://www.gpssoftware.us/avic/newez4avic.zip

hope this help.

• 1 month later...
Been working on this for a while and reading alot.

To get to the service menu hold Power and Reset for 5 sec.

Passcode is MAP,MAP,MENU,Enter (center of joystick),MENU,Enter

Once in Service Menu the reset button is the only way of navigating. Short push move through options. Push and hold for 1/2 sec selects option.

After sucesfully updating I get to reboot now message. hold power and reset to reboot.

Unit powers on shows slash screen and turns off.

I have the same problem .. I have successfully upgrade it from wince upgrade (format) from service menu ..

Now it doesn't accept safe mode/test mode .. Only the unit powers on shows slash screen and turns off .. Please let me know how did you recovered this .

Been working on this for a while and reading alot.

To get to the service menu hold Power and Reset for 5 sec.

Passcode is MAP,MAP,MENU,Enter (center of joystick),MENU,Enter

Once in Service Menu the reset button is the only way of navigating. Short push move through options. Push and hold for 1/2 sec selects option.

After sucesfully updating I get to reboot now message. hold power and reset to reboot.

Unit powers on shows slash screen and turns off.

I have the same problem .. I have successfully upgrade it from wince upgrade (format) from service menu ..

Now it doesn't accept safe mode/test mode .. Only the unit powers on shows slash screen and turns off .. Please let me know how did you recovered this .

Yes , Its working now.

The problem was in the wince files, keep the correct wince file with testmode and repeate the format , restart, then it will work in testmode.

Regards

• 3 months later...