AVIC411.com

V3.0 Firmware - SpeedCam Mod

I've recently updated to V3.0 Firmware and was now wondering if anybody has had any luck with a speedcam mod for version 3.0x firmware yet? I'm looking for a nice Data.zip and sys.txt file that i can just copy over to my F700bt...or at least some detailed instructions on how to mod the files myself. I can't seem to figure out what changes need to be made to these files! I've been searching and searching but don't know where to start.

Or can I just use the mod from here: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=131134#p131134 (I have my doubts on that one...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am working on it, I have talked with BorisM and after some editing I can currently see the cam's and add/edit them as well. I am still working on getting the warnings to work once I figure that out I will post up the files.

Actually, if it is the same in 3.0 as in older firmware, once you enable the setting to turn cams on (setting.ui) it will do the stock warnings automagically. All the bypassing of camera functionality for UC models was done at the point where you would turn them on. Once turned on, they should work.

Ok I finally got the buttons to show up in the "Nav Settings"/"Warnings" I will be going through a speed cam tonight and if everything works correctly I will post up the files either today or tomorrow. With some instructions and pics. :D

Big Thanks to BorisM for his help.

Ok update it works but I got some bugs to kill, I got some double text on the add/edit cam button and the box with the speed cam info is to short. So once I get the bugs out and it works 100% I will post up the files. So stay tuned all u 3.0 users.

But for the really good news in V2.0 when you came up to a camera the warning would kill the music and you had to listen to that damn constant beeping in V3.0 it doesn't do that and it works great injunction with the speeding warning which is it's own alarm they play with the music and it doesn't drown out the music. Plus once you are under the speed limit you set for the camera the speeding warning goes off. But the camera warning stays until you are clear of the camera.

To all that downloaded this mod when I first released it please download these files and redo the mod. There was a glitch in the first one when you would select a destination it would create an error and not map the route. This has been fixed. The new links are posted below and the old ones have been pulled. Sorry if this caused problems for anyone.

Happy Modding

This should work on all Version 3.0+ Nav units. I am running it on my F90bt which I upgraded to the 3.0 firmware.

Ok, I am posting a link to a completely idiot proof way to apply this hack to your unit. It is very simple and should only take a few minutes to apply and you will have the safety cam alert features on your unit.

First let me say that I did not come up with any of this info.

I used the files and write-up from VBLUE42 and talked to BorisM and looked at files from cmh928. To get the Mod to work for Version 3.0+ So a BIG THANKS to them for all their help.

As always it is advised to backup any files you plan to replace and doing this mod is of course at your own risk. Alright, here goes, below is the Rapidshare link to the files:

1. http://rapidshare.com/files/261562856/S ... d_V3.0.zip

or

2. http://www.mediafire.com/file/mtmezzn0j ... d_V3.0.zip

This file includes everything you need to add the safety cam hack to your unit including the testmode boot files to boot your unit into windows ce. After you download and unzip the file, follow these steps:

1. Copy all files to your SD card

2. Boot your unit into testmode and navigate to your SD card.

3. Copy DATA.ZIP and SYS.TXT to: \My Flash Drive\APL2\iGo

Select yes when it ask you if you want to replace the files.

4. Copy the two safety cam database files - "Red_Light_Camera_us.txt", and "Speed_Trap.txt" to: MyFlashDrive\APL2\IGO\Content\SpeedCam

Thats it, your done. Remove your SD card and restart your unit. (I recommend the reset button next to the eject button, hold it down for 5secs) Once the unit is restarted, go to: SETTINGS, NAVI SETTINGS, WANRINGS and turn the safety cam alerts on. Once you have done this you can begin to add and edit camera locations on the map.

To test the hack, touch the map on a road so that the red target symbol appears over the road. Next hit the map info button located under the map 2D\3D button. Next hit the SAVE AS button select ADD CAM. You will then be given the option to select the type of cam, speed limit of the zone if it applies, and the direction of travel the cam affects. Hit DONE and thats it. Drive in the direction of the newly placed cam and you will see and hear a "Casual Alert" sound as you approach the cam location. The currently playing audio will NOT be muted while in the alert area. If a speed limit was entered when the cam was created, the unit will emit an "Urgent Alert" sound once you exceed the posted speed limit. The "Urgent Alert" sound will cease once you drop below the posted speed limit but the "Casual Alert" will continue until you pass the camera location.

Rapidshare is showing an error now when I try to download

Error

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Can you repost another download link please

Rapidshare is showing an error now when I try to download

Error

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Can you repost another download link please

Olso have rapidshare error sombody? new link?