AVIC411.com

CD-SR1 Steering wheel control?

I did a quick search but found no info here or via google, will the CD-SR1 work with the F series? I've Got an F90-bt in my Honda Accord, the Accord steering wheel has only three buttons, i've not bothered with hooking them up through any of the after market products yet, it seems like a costly "why bother it doesn't work as expected" situation. A more feature rich control like the CD-SR1 at $20 would be a no brainer quick add-on to buy for me!

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... D-SR1.Shop

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately with the design of this product Pioneer did not build in an IR sensor... So a remote will not work in any way shape or form :( Believe me I was heart broken when I heard that news!!

So even though the modules are expensive that will be your only way to get external controll. Peripherial offers a nice piece called the PSEWIPS and the newest updated version (comes in a cardboard box not plastic packaging) even offers some options for programming to uses your steering wheel controlls to do phone functionality. Basically you can program each button to do any one of the like 12ish options. ex... Volume on the steering wheel could be programmed to do Source on the screen.

• 1 year later...