AVIC411.com

How To: Read Wiring Info.

So I get a couple pms a week asking me what I mean when I post up the wiring info for a car. So rather than have to explain myself each time I thought I'd make this post which will hopefully explain what it is when either myself or one of the other people on the forum replies with an answer for wire codes.

We'll take the following as an example. The wiring for a 2003 Mitsu Galant

Reverse Light red/blue + pin 9, 43 pin plug in DKP

Speed Sense yellow/black data link conn., R of column

the first thing is obviously what the wire is, reverse signal and speed signal.

The Second is the color. This is where some people get confused. The first color list is the color of the majority of the wire. The second color is the color of the stripe on the wire. Not all will have a stripe. So in the case of the reverse light it's a red wire with a blue stripe on it. And the speed sense will be yellow with a black stripe.

The final item is the location. Most of the time I try and write out the abbreviations, but sometimes I forget. So I'll list here the abbreviations I can think of and if anyone comes up with some I missed let me know I'll add them

DKP = Driver's kick panel (generally behind the area by your left foot if you were sitting in the driver's seat)

PKP = Passenger's kick panel ( same as above but right foot sitting in the passenger's seat.

DLC = data link connector aka diagnostics plug aka obd2 plug

GEM = Generic Electronics module. The computer in fords that controls convience items like door locks and such

BCM = Body Control Module

ECM = Engine Control Module

ECU = Engine Control Unit

ETACS ECU = Electronic Timing and Control System

PCM = Powertrain control Module

Harness to rear = Lift up the carpet on whichever side of the car it says, and you should seee a large bundle of wires that looks to run from the front of the car to the back.

that's all for now. Also if you're looking for wiring info, type in the model, make, and the words "merry xmas" the majority of my posts with wiring info will have those 2 words at the end to help locate. All in all have fun and happy installing.

Josh
  • 3 months later...

The parking brake wire is green. The cell mute wire is yellow/black. You have to move the cell mute wire to the empty slot in the harness first. Then hook both of them to the black wire in the harness.

In the future please create a new topic for your questions.

• 2 months later...
For yalls sake just post the info for directechs... :idea:

Umm I do, and audiovox and a couple others that I have access to. This thread was intended to help people who don't understand what the information means when it says things like driver's kick, etc. Remember installers think completely different than regular people do. We're speacial :lol:

Yes I know I spelled it wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...