AVIC411.com

Unit will not recognize USB/SD??? UN-USABLE!! UnHackable

Actually, the H/U I installed came with the 3.0 firmware installed already. I never tried to use the SD card until recently, and only used the USB port for the Ipod. When I inserted the SD card I was trying to view a few jpeg pictures. I didn't reformat it to fat32, either way, it's not illuminated as an option on the source screed. The same is with the USB port. I know it works because the Ipod works fine, and I've read the thread on the 2.5v for the external hardrive.

Not to sure, and I'm sure you all will agree, if it makes any sense to make the modifications for the external hardrive if it's not exactly the problem.

Any other suggestions??? :wink:

Just a suggestion, format an SD card fat32 and put a couple of mp3 files on it and see if it is then recognised.

The reason I say this is that you seemed unsure about the format of your SD card and if it is wrong it will be greyed out in the menu.

• 2 months later...
Reinstall WINce update by format method

Reinstall My Flash Disk

:shock:DonMac???

I'm not sure if you are understanding my dilema??? I CAN'T USE the SD Port. How am I going to reinstall the update?

Don't you need to download it and apply it to the SD as some sort of zip file, and then open it on the head unit?

He meant flashing WINCE in service mode.

You should be able to start testmode from USB using this http://www.4shared.com/file/139589057/2 ... e_USB.html . Just unpack it to a USB flash drive, plug in and cold start the avic. Once booted from USB you should first check if a well formatted SD card is recognized by windows when inserted.

As the Unit came with 3.0 it must be brand new. I would contact the dealer before I go down any other route. If the SD drive does not recognise a FAT 32 SD it may be faulty and your whole unit subject to exchange.

Did you really try to reformat the SD completely? How big is it? I think only SD's up to 8GB are guaranteed to work with the AVIC. As said before: Reformat and put some MP3's on there. If that doesn't work: See your dealer! It doesn't make any sense to fxxk around with a brand new faulty unit and risk the warranty.

Jörg